Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

watching the wide receivers, opening day and beyond
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: watching the wide receivers, opening day and beyond Reply with quote

the Vikings presently have seven wide receivers under contract:

Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen
Cain Kolter
Donte Foster

thanks for the listing, rpm...

who's not going to be on that list on opening day of the 2015 season, and who would you like to see added?

a top 10-20 draft choice?
a 2nd or 3rd rounder?
Duron Carter?
rpm himself?

"Glove the one you're with."

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i predict this thread will attract Frank Costello.

"Glove the one you're with."
byuvike88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may be in the minority when I say this, but I would really like to see Parker drafted.

I would like to see
Parker
Wallace
Patterson
Johnson
Wright
and Thielen.

I know it's rare we keep 6, but we had 2 fullbacks last year, and a bazillion linebackers. I think Thielen is going to be to valuable on special teams to cut him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current top-5, possibly with a 1st rounder as the sixth guy.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: predict our WR corps on opening day Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
rpm himself?

Just got back from my tryout... It didn't go well.
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker
Wallace
Patterson
Wright
Johnson
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split End - Charles Johnson | Rookie
Flanker - Mike Wallace | Cordarrelle Patterson
Slot - Jarius Wright | Adam Thielen

I suspect that the Vikings will draft a split end, whether that is in round 1 or later in the draft, remains to be seen. I'd only consider a round one WR if Parker, White or Cooper falls to 11.
Boda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen

I think those 5 are going to be on the roster reguardless next year unless the Vikes decide to trade CP84 which I don't believe they should.

Now I believe if the Vikings are going to go WR in the 1st it's going to be either Cooper or Parker otherwise I believe they wait until round 3 where they could chose between Sammy Coates & Devin Smith(who I'm really starting to develop a crush on for our team if we don't go WR in round 1).
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth Chart:

Mike Wallace
Charles Johnson
Jarius Wright
Cordarrelle Patterson
3rd-4th Round Draft Pick
Duron Carter (after he is cut)

I would be comfortable with this

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Split End - Charles Johnson | Rookie
Flanker - Mike Wallace | Cordarrelle Patterson
Slot - Jarius Wright | Adam Thielen

I suspect that the Vikings will draft a split end, whether that is in round 1 or later in the draft, remains to be seen. I'd only consider a round one WR if Parker, White or Cooper falls to 11.

Yeah if it's not one of the top 3 then we can wait a couple rounds I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Depth Chart:

Mike Wallace
Charles Johnson
Jarius Wright
Cordarrelle Patterson
3rd-4th Round Draft Pick
Duron Carter (after he is cut)

I would be comfortable with this

I could see Duron getting cut too.

Ideally I would like to see it look like:

Mike Wallace
Devante Parker
Charles Johnson
Jarius Wright
Cordarrelle Patterson
Duron Carter
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Johnson // Cordarrelle Patterson
Mike Wallace // DeVante Parker
Jarius Wright // Adam Thielen
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock: Wallace, Johnson, Wright

Near lock: Patterson (Only doesn't make it if he is traded which seems unlikely at this point)

Then you have a competition in training camp between for the last 1-2 spots between everyone else.
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen

I think those 5 are going to be on the roster reguardless next year unless the Vikes decide to trade CP84 which I don't believe they should.

Now I believe if the Vikings are going to go WR in the 1st it's going to be either Cooper or Parker otherwise I believe they wait until round 3 where they could chose between Sammy Coates & Devin Smith(who I'm really starting to develop a crush on for our team if we don't go WR in round 1).

I pretty much agree with all of what you said. Only thing I might dispute is that I get the feeling that both Sammy Coates and Devin Smith will be 2nd round picks, Coates due to "potential" (I think he's gonna be a major boom/bust type of player) and Smith due to his deep threat ability (which I think he will be a legit field stretcher). Of course I'd love to take either in the 3rd, but I get the feeling both would have to be taken in the 2nd by the Vikings to land either.

As for the topic itself, I think everyone should have to list SPECIFIC players, simply because its too easy to say "These guys + a rookie" ... nah, get into the head of the Vikings front office and take a guess.

My guess is they draft Devante Parker in the 1st round, I'll admit I'm 50/50 on them drafting a WR there or taking a top defensive prospect or perhaps La'el Collins, but if I'm being specific I think Parker ends up being the guy.

I haven't totally made up my mind on Parker yet, but I do think he is probably the best "jump ball" receiver in the draft, and should be a very dangerous redzone threat. I do have some concerns about his ability to consistently get open, but nothing major just a gut feeling after a decade of "armchair scouting"

Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen
Devante Parker

I feel if the Vikings can just turn Patterson into a decent #2 type of receiver/returner, that would give Bridgewater a very good cast of targets to throw to, especially if they can all stay healthy.
Boda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares Caesar wrote:
Boda wrote:
Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen

I pretty much agree with all of what you said. Only thing I might dispute is that I get the feeling that both Sammy Coates and Devin Smith will be 2nd round picks, Coates due to "potential" (I think he's gonna be a major boom/bust type of player) and Smith due to his deep threat ability (which I think he will be a legit field stretcher). Of course I'd love to take either in the 3rd, but I get the feeling both would have to be taken in the 2nd by the Vikings to land either.

As for the topic itself, I think everyone should have to list SPECIFIC players, simply because its too easy to say "These guys + a rookie" ... nah, get into the head of the Vikings front office and take a guess.

My guess is they draft Devante Parker in the 1st round, I'll admit I'm 50/50 on them drafting a WR there or taking a top defensive prospect or perhaps La'el Collins, but if I'm being specific I think Parker ends up being the guy.

I haven't totally made up my mind on Parker yet, but I do think he is probably the best "jump ball" receiver in the draft, and should be a very dangerous redzone threat. I do have some concerns about his ability to consistently get open, but nothing major just a gut feeling after a decade of "armchair scouting"

Mike Wallace
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Charles Johnson
Adam Thielen
Devante Parker

I feel if the Vikings can just turn Patterson into a decent #2 type of receiver/returner, that would give Bridgewater a very good cast of targets to throw to, especially if they can all stay healthy.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all I just believe it'll come down to when the run on WR's happens but I got guys like Strong/DGB/Agholor/Dorsett/Greene & Funchess(who's actually a borderline 2nd/3rd round IMO) as 2nd round guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: