Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) vs. Patriots (0-1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) vs. Patriots (0-1) Reply with quote

Game 2

vs
When: 1:00 PM EST September 14th
Where: TCF Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Coverage Map: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=2

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable: OT Mike Harris (shoulder), OG Charlie Johnson (ankle), FB Zach Line (ankle), LB Michael Mauti (foot), CB Jabari Price (hamstring), Questionable: DT Sharrif Floyd (shoulder), CB Xavier Rhodes (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: LB Brandon Watts (knee)
Patriots - Probable:TE Rob Gronkowski (knee), Questionable: C Ryan Wendell (knee), DE Michael Buchanan (ankle), DT Christopher Jones (ankle), DT Sealver Siliga (hand), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Vikings trail the series against the New England Patriots with a record of 4-7, and including losing the last 3 in a row. The last victory against the Patriots was in 2000, Tom Brady's rookie year. So, the Vikings have never beaten Brady. In that game, which was at Foxboro, the Vikings had a big rushing attack led by both Robert Smith (with 91 yds) and Daunte Culpepper (with 59) and a big defensive day with 3 sacks (1 each for Chris Hovan, Bryce Paup and Orlando Thomas) and 1 interception from Cris Dishman as the Vikings were victorious 21-13.

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
skywindO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) vs. Patriots (0-1) Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Vikings trail the series against the New England Patriots with a record of 4-7, and including losing the last 3 in a row. The last victory against the Patriots was in 2000, Tom Brady's rookie year. So, the Vikings have never beaten Brady. In that game, which was at Foxboro, the Vikings had a big rushing attack led by both Robert Smith (with 91 yds) and Daunte Culpepper (with 59) and a big defensive day with 3 sacks (1 each for Chris Hovan, Bryce Paup and Orlando Thomas) and 1 interception from Cris Dishman as the Vikings were victorious 21-13.

Time to change that! Twisted Evil

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots defense is vulnerable on the ground and if you can get pressure on Brady it really disrupts their offense. I think the Vikings match up very well here; just like the Dolphins did last week. Harrison Smith and Anthony Barr are probably ideal players (if such a thing exists) to match up on Gronkowski, so hopefully we can contain him. Nobody else on their offense is worrisome.

The Vikings should be playing fast and confident while playing at home and coming off a big win. The game plan should be similar to last week: heavy run game with AP/CP, and bring heavy pressure on defense. Keep Brady off the field as much as possible, and then smack him around whenever he gets the ball.

I'm gonna predict a win for the Purple if we can eliminate the silly mistakes and penalties from last week and play a clean game.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we are more competitive this game, our team did their best Spencer Lanning impersonation yesterday.

*Actual time may vary.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady with a very poor game statistically.

Have to watch it for myself to be sure.
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't turn the ball over once & no dumb penalties like they had in the first half & I think the Vikes can win.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings can win, but it should be noted that the Patriots are some absurd 18-1 after a loss since 2003.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Vikings can win, but it should be noted that the Patriots are some absurd 18-1 after a loss since 2003.

The Pats are definitely not the same team that they used to be though.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched part of the New England-Miami game and Tom Brady looked awful. He had no touch on his passes and was missing open receivers by yards.

Shocked

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Brady with a very poor game statistically.

Have to watch it for myself to be sure.

It was a complete team defeat yesterday. I will summarize the points for you guys:

Offensive line could not get a push to open running lanes.

Oline damn nearly got Brady killed while pass protecting. Cameron Wake might as well have been standing next to our RB pre-snap.

Brady cannot complete a pass past 15 yards.

DLine cannot run block to save their lives.

Entire defense could not tackle.

Long snapper completely screwed over our punter which lead to a blocked punt.

Play calling and formation setup was completely off the entire match. We were running a 3-4 defense formation when A) We do not have the personnel for it B) We were getting completely gushed by the running game and didn't adjust. Also, the offensive play calling was brutal, you could clearly see McDaniels trying to be too cute with play calling and calling plays our team just cannot execute with the players with have. Nevermind all the play action being called when we could not run for more then a yard or two. If the Phins had a real QB we would have lost that game by 3 scores or more.

With that said, after seeing the complete and utter ineptitude of both our lines we are pretty worried just how competitive this team really is. Adrian Peterson is going to be a handful for this defense and not many of us are looking forward to facing him next week. Bill is good at making adjustments but we do wonder just how much of that was lack of preparation or the players just not being as good as we thought they would be. I guess we will find out next week.

*Actual time may vary.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:

This was the biggest thing I noticed.

The New England Patriots are now a dink and dunk offense. They don't stretch the field at all. Brady does a good job of getting the ball out quickly and spreading the ball around, but there's no high-power potential to this offense.

Quote:
Brady was just 2-for-18 in passes over 15 yards on the day, averaging just 3.8 yards per pass completion.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/09/tom_brady_on_loss_in_miami.html

If the Vikings can tackle well, I think we have a strong chance to win this game.
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we got this game. Then loss at the Saints, win vs. Falcons, then loss at Packers. Start 3-2 with the rough stretch in the beginning.
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

This was the biggest thing I noticed.

The New England Patriots are now a dink and dunk offense. They don't stretch the field at all. Brady does a good job of getting the ball out quickly and spreading the ball around, but there's no high-power potential to this offense.

Quote:
Brady was just 2-for-18 in passes over 15 yards on the day, averaging just 3.8 yards per pass completion.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/09/tom_brady_on_loss_in_miami.html

If the Vikings can tackle well, I think we have a strong chance to win this game.

In all fariness, Brady missed a week of practice due to injury and did not see a lot of action during preseason.

I am inclined to attribute his poor performance to a lack of reps and a lingering calf injury.

However, at age 37 one has to wonder if maybe he's nearing the end of his career.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I watched part of the New England-Miami game and Tom Brady looked awful. He had no touch on his passes and was missing open receivers by yards.

Shocked

Cian Fahey got some pushback for his articles picking apart Brady's mistakes at the end of last year, but they might hold up pretty well:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-tom-brady
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1933135-is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady

Fahey's the same guy who wrote the some of the first detailed film reviews of Bridgewater in college, main reason I was a fan of his without ever watching his games.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the, "I'll retire when I suck" moment is closer than first thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61

Jump to: