Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Untitled Adrian Peterson Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Untitled Adrian Peterson Thread Reply with quote

With Adrian Peterson still a member of the Minnesota Vikings, but his status with the team still up in the air, it's time to start another thread to discuss the running back.

Will he play for the Vikings, or no one?

When, if he returns, will he be back with the Vikings?

Should the Vikings restructure Adrian's contract to give him more guaranteed money, and presumably make him happy?

With Peterson set to be back in 2015, do you believe he'll be a Viking in 2016?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there's this...

Quote:
Agent Ben Dogra had a lengthy meeting with the NFLPA yesterday, per multiple sources. Being investigated for various potential violations.

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/595635536548765696

Honestly, someone close to Adrian needs to get him to see the light and get rid of this clown. He's doing more harm than good for Peterson.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a new contract is all that is needed to smooth things over, maybe it's to pursue it. My only concern with giving him more guaranteed money is if he demands a trade in the future. I doubt he would but peterson has demonstrated a lack of professionalism in the past, who knows what his future antics may be.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
If a new contract is all that is needed to smooth things over, maybe it's to pursue it. My only concern with giving him more guaranteed money is if he demands a trade in the future. I doubt he would but peterson has demonstrated a lack of professionalism in the past, who knows what his future antics may be.

I agree...which is why I would contractually tie the guarantee to performance during the season and participation in offseason activities (I think they only one that can be contractually tied is the mandatory minicamp). While it probably wouldn't generate any goodwilll, can we use the "Poison Pill" clause in his contract? Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess I would say he plays this year, and if he is looking like vintage AP he will get a new contract to finish his career in Minnesota next offseason.

Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth
You’re an idiot, babe
It’s a wonder that you still know how to breathe
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
If I had to guess I would say he plays this year, and if he is looking like vintage AP he will get a new contract to finish his career in Minnesota next offseason.

Mr. Spielthink has spoken. Sometimes, it is that easy.
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

This is where I am at. By now had we all not went through this journey of mud. The vikes probably would have reworked his contract to the point both sides where comfortable.

Now though all this azzhattery has the vikes in a corner. My guess is they look at it mid season once this crap stops.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
And then there's this...

Quote:
Agent Ben Dogra had a lengthy meeting with the NFLPA yesterday, per multiple sources. Being investigated for various potential violations.

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/595635536548765696

Honestly, someone close to Adrian needs to get him to see the light and get rid of this clown. He's doing more harm than good for Peterson.

Yeah for sure. I don't think many people are surprised by this

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson I think is the X-factor for us and our improvement next season. Norv's offense let the combination of Matt Asiata and a former collegiate QB in his first year rush for over 1000 yards and 9 TDs. Also had 70 receptions between the two of them.

I think that Peterson is going to play motivated, and mad. Even if he does decline slightly, it's an improvement over what we had.

Honestly, Bridgewater, Norv's offense and the threat of Wallace could be the best combination of QB/OC/WR he's had his entire career, with the exception of Favre's beautiful '09 season.
lunix

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrah ready to make a play for AP?

"Jones made it clear on Friday when he told a Dallas radio station that he'd be willing to trade the Cowboys 2016 first-round pick if it meant improving the team "now."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25178806/could-peterson-trade-happen-jerry-jones-open-to-trading-2016-1st-rounder

Would any of you pull the trigger?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not at this point.
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunix wrote:
Jerrah ready to make a play for AP?

"Jones made it clear on Friday when he told a Dallas radio station that he'd be willing to trade the Cowboys 2016 first-round pick if it meant improving the team "now."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25178806/could-peterson-trade-happen-jerry-jones-open-to-trading-2016-1st-rounder

Would any of you pull the trigger?

I just saw this. Here we go again. Brick wall

Edit: Since we are unable to draft an RB now. The price Jerry is now a first and a second or La'el Collins and a 2nd.
Krauser

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By convention, future picks are discounted a round.

Given that the Cowboys should be good again (Evil or Very Mad), that would be something like the 30th pick in the draft. But as a 2016 1st, it would be considered equivalent to a late 2015 2nd.

Which is less than what Arizona offered, and the Vikings turned down.

Counteroffer: the 2016 1st and 2nd, or the 2016 1st and the 2017 1st (which is ~ the 2016 2nd).

Or Spielman could just send Jerry a sympathy card:

~ Sorry you didn't draft a running back ~
~ Hope your QB doesn't break his back ~
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find it, but I thought Darren Page did a draft pick study against the current TVC and it found that future picks were discounted to the end of their round and not a full round lower.

That's what's always made sense to me anyway. Either way, it's not something I'd do right now.
dc_vikingfan

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be horrible If the Vikings was to trade AP to the Cowboys now. Yes they may get a 1st but you basically lose two players for this season. Your rb depth gets damage badly and too late to sign a quality rb or draft one. And the potential draft pick can't be used until next season.

Last edited by dc_vikingfan on Fri May 08, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: