Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

this annoys me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: this annoys me Reply with quote

a little bit back on this JETS board, some vikings fan wrote about hating the jets because we took nugent. this is retarted, he said we screwed them over. i wanna know if you agree, which im sure you will. any team who drafts a player is to help there team out, not to mess up someone elses team. that is retarted.
barlow32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you didn't screw anyone. you didn't get a first rounder and the second you took a kicker.
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good pick, but I agree with you, it's not something that was done to screw another team, it was done to improve the New York Jets. It's amazing how some fans can't see things in this light.
Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for agreeing. the jets planned on taking nugent from the start as one of there top picks. we decided to get rid of our first picks for jolley to fill in a spot for a good TE. we decided that Nugent could be taken in the 2nd round so we got him. it wasent done to [inappropriate/removed] of the vikings. if you wanted him, you shouldve taken him.
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i disagree, i still belive you still screwed us over

and btw, your avatar is about as good as your team
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golf333333 wrote:
i disagree, i still belive you still screwed us over

and btw, your avatar is about as good as your team

Your hinting that the Jets are a bad team, but the Jets are better than the Vikings, so what does that make Minnesota?

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good one.lol Laughing

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we wanted nugent badly and we're going to take him with our 2nd round pick.

the jets outsmarted us and nabbed him first. can't say i was happy to see it happen, but bravo guys. all's fair in the world of competition.
golf333333

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess. I don't know if we'd have even taken him with that pick...
Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can say your pissed but the jets needed a kicker. we dint do it to [inappropriate/removed] off the vikings. we should have been in the AFC championship this year but becuase of a kicker named doug brien we werent. we got rid of him so we needed a kicker. Nugent was there we took him. its simple. and thankyou Vike daddy for agreeing partially. the vikings did need nugent but as you said its competion. you do what makes you better, thats what we did.
senasational

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets_Legendary_28 wrote:
you can say your pissed but the jets needed a kicker. we dint do it to [inappropriate/removed] off the vikings. we should have been in the AFC championship this year but becuase of a kicker named doug brien we werent. we got rid of him so we needed a kicker. Nugent was there we took him. its simple. and thankyou Vike daddy for agreeing partially. the vikings did need nugent but as you said its competion. you do what makes you better, thats what we did.

Well, if you say that the jets should have been the NFC championship because a missed kick, then you guys shouldn't have even beat the chargers so that doesn't really work out for you guys Laughing (not that it matters, noone would of beaten the Patriots anyways).
golf333333

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, the jets really shouldn't have been that far if it weren't for missed FG's in the first place...
Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, heres the difference from the missed kick by the charger and the missed kicks by the jet. i forgot his name but the charger kicker was a rookie and he was the chosen one to kick the field goal. He was givin one kick, in a huge game, as a rookie. now thats hard. now in the jets game vs the steelers, doug brien, who is an experienced kicker in his prime, had 2 chances to make a field goal to win the game. one which would have ended the game and avoided overtime, and when he missed that he had another chance for a kick in overtime, he missed that one too. so before you start making jokes about the situation when you dont even know what happened, look at the game summary. the Jets have never had kicking and kicking is the thing that has held them back for a few years. we finally got a kicker that we have needed for a long time and you say we were just drafting him to screw the vikings. your just angry fans. i wanted to see pac-man jones on the jets, we need a CB. am i going around asaying "OMG, THE TITANS STOLE HIM FROM US, THE'RE TRYING TO SCREW US, THE JETS, OVER. JUST US." your an immature vikings fan who thinks everyone is agaist you. grow up.
GOLFGURU22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, and did a kindergartener draw your avatar?

Thanks ronniebrown!
Mayhem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets_Legendary_28 wrote:
we should have been in the AFC championship this year but becuase of a kicker named doug brien we werent.

Not to argue, because I agree, if he would've made a couple kicks the Jets would have been in the championship. Though, I've always thought that a team shouldn't get to the position where it's down to the kicker and a 2 or 3 point game. There were probably other players in that game that blew plays that probably would have turned into points.

As a Bears fan, I hope Doug Brien is an upgrade from Paul Edinger for us next year. As long as he's an upgrade, I figure it was a good move signing him. Looks like career wise he had good stats, he just didn't get it done when it counted last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: