Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Free Agents
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: 2015 Free Agents Reply with quote

I couldn't see a thread that specifically pertains to future free agents. With the seasons end around the corner and our bleak playoff chances I have started to look ahead to the offseason, here is a few guys I have been looking it.

Sean Weatherspoon LB - Coming off his rookie contract and the entire 2014 season missed with a ruptured Achilles tendon he is what Rick looks for in his FAs. He gives us the ability to walk away from Greenway and still have depth at the weak side.

Orlando Franklin OL - Immediate upgrade plug him right in at left guard, I think he could even hold up at tackle.

Da'Quan Bowers DE - I would really like to see what Zimmer could do with this kids potential, should be an upgrade to Wooten and could be a nice piece to the rotation.

Chris Culliver CB - Immediate upgrade over Robinson and a nice complement with Rhodes, gives us two taller corners on the outside.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB KJ Wright (SEA) is my #1 target. Adding him in to Barr and Hodges would be excellent. We should easily be able to afford him using the money we save from cutting Greenway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 Free Agents Reply with quote

BWG VIKE wrote:
Da'Quan Bowers DE - I would really like to see what Zimmer could do with this kids potential, should be an upgrade to Wooten and could be a nice piece to the rotation.

This one would be interesting. How have his knees held up?
32 rec. 366 yards 1 TD
2 games left
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Sean Weatherspoon. I liked him in college, but multiple knee injuries and the Achilles injury scare me off. No point in signing a player who's proven he can't stay on the field.

And I'd avoid Orlando Franklin. Yes, he has had a good year, but he plays for the Broncos and behind Peyton Manning. Manning makes his offensive line look better than what they really are capable of. Just look at Charlie Johnson.

My top choices in free agency are Clint Boling, K.J. Wright, and Chris Harris. I highly doubt there's any chance at landing all 3, but if the Vikings could land one, it would be a huge help to the team.
Boda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for some reason AP is not with the Vikings next season my #1 target would probably be Mark Ingram, however I expect AP to be back so guys I would hope to sign

1 of Mike Iupati, Clint Boling or C/OG - Stefan Wisniewski
LB - KJ Wright
1 of Antonio Cromartie / Charles Tillman / Tramon Williams / Brandon
Flowers

I believe we could sign 3 of those guys realistically, I'm not high on the CB class in the draft so I feel getting a stop gap player who can contribute is very important as I fully expect us to compete for the division next season. Upgrading from Charlie Johnson is very important and as much as a lot of fans want us to upgrade from Kalil I still believe he gets another year and if he doesn't improve OT will be a top priority in '16 whether that be FA or most likely the draft.

Now with that out of the way these are some other players I wouldn't mind us targeting depending upon cost of them to help provide better depth:
CB - Walter Thurmond
S - Taylor Mays
TE - Niles Paul
OT - Michael Roos
OT - Bryan Bulaga
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint Boling is my top FA target along with KJ Wright.

Niles Paul would be a good fit on this offense. I'd like to see what we do at CB/S this year as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had been discussing free agents in the roster thread, but if people want to talk about outside players this badly we can hs e a separate thread.
Vikingfan#84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love Colts LB Jerrell Freeman. He's a 3 down MLB with athleticism and also is one of the biggest hitters out there. He would fill a major hole on our Defense

Last edited by Vikingfan#84 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culliver plays the same side as Xavier so one player would be moving from their natural position.

The Vikings did have interest in him during his draft year though.
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we will be major players in the open market this year, we have already made our big splash keeping our own in house. With the OL being as bad as it has this year I think changes have to be made and I don't see many rookies being able to make an immediate impact so I do think we should be buyers in the Oline market as weak as it is.

Orlando Franklin
King Dunlap
Clint Boling
Marcus Cannon

All at the top of my list

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope MN makes a play for a big time CB, I love Chris Harris of Denver. I think he fits well with what Zimmer wants at Cb and Munnerlyn could strictly play slot in nickel.

Lb is another spot where an immediate upgrade is needed.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my top team needs and possible free agents (age 27 or younger)...

1. LT... ???
2. LG... Clint Boling, Mike Iupati, James Carpenter, Joe Barksdale
3. MLB... KJ Wright, Rey Maualuga
4. S... Devin McCourty, Nate Allen, Taylor Mays, Rahim Moore
5. CB... Chris Harris, Chris Culliver
6. WR... Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Culliver plays the same side as Xavier so one player would be moving from their natural position.

I don't understand why Xavier moved over to the right side. He used to play over on the left side, and that is usually where the big #1 WRs line up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I don't understand why Xavier moved over to the right side. He used to play over on the left side, and that is usually where the big #1 WRs line up.

Wasn't that great on the left side but that could have been due to inexperience.

LCB are often the most targeted due to them being to the QB (a right handed at least) vision side.
Boda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
my top team needs and possible free agents (age 27 or younger)...

1. LT... ???
2. LG... Clint Boling, Mike Iupati, James Carpenter, Joe Barksdale
3. MLB... KJ Wright, Rey Maualuga
4. S... Devin McCourty, Nate Allen, Taylor Mays, Rahim Moore
5. CB... Chris Harris, Chris Culliver
6. WR... Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith

I would absolutely love Dez or Cobb but I don't think either one leaves their current team. I wouldn't mind Crabtree but I feel as if we brought him in that we would pass on WR in the draft and I don't want to do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: