Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packer Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packer Updates Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
a thread dedicated to Green Bay Packer news and how it may affect us as Vikings.

Since the original Packers thread has reached 100 pages, let's start anew...

I'm starting off by saying how fitting is it that a Minnesotan in James Laurinaitis ended Aaron Rodgers' streak of not throwing a pick at Lambeau.

Thx to Lil Uno!
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packer Updates Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
a thread dedicated to Green Bay Packer news and how it may affect us as Vikings.

Since the original Packers thread has reached 100 pages, let's start anew...

I'm starting off by saying how fitting is it that a Minnesotan in James Laurinaitis ended Aaron Rodgers' streak of not throwing a pick at Lambeau.

That was the first thing I thought when it happened. Laughing
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud, a GB fan wrote:
Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten a team with a winning record on the road since December 16th, 2012 (0-8 since)

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten a team with a winning record on the road since December 16th, 2012 (0-8 since)

The Vikings will have a winning record during that first matchup. Hopefully Rodgers streak continues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

That's a very interesting stat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracks appearing in the confidence of Packer fans:

DannyB wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Even Belichick had subpar seasons. We still are 6-1 after all.

The duo of Belichick and Brady have completed 13 seasons together as coach and starting QB. Of those 13 seasons, they've been to the Super Bowl SEVEN times, and won FOUR of them. That's insane. That's unreal. Right now this regime doesn't deserve in any way shape or form to be compared to what BB and Brady have going on in Foxboro. A subpar season for Belichick's is losing in the conference championship game, something this team has struggled to even get to.

And yes, as I said before, I understand we're 6-1. I'm happy about that, I'll take it, but I also think we're lucky for that, and only at that point because most of this league straight blows. Come playoff time, once the jetsam of the league has been cast off, I'm really unsure if our team can be serious Super Bowl champion contenders with the way they're playing now. In fact, even making the Super Bowl would surprise me to some degree.

EdMathews wrote:
Citing our 6-1 record is like saying we went 4-0 in the preseason. Meaningless. The regular season is really the preseason, the playoffs are what counts. It's when you play the really good teams. After yesterday, does anyone feel we can win 4 games in a row against the best teams in the league?... Sure, we might, but for now we have the 27th ranked offense and a defense that gave up 1000 yards in the last two games. Our QB threw for 77 yards. The other team passed for 300 more yards than we did. They even ran for more than double our passing yardage. And all the while our defense couldn't lay a hand on a hundred year old QB.

That's brutal, and should cause things to happen. But the frustration is that nothing will happen. We love the stability of our team, but is it stability or stasis?

Capers has been outcoached for almost his entire tenure here and never been made accountable. When you have a problem, fix it. The fact that McCarthy and TT don't see the problem, is an even bigger problem.

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers forum was a dark place on Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's clear evidence of why they generally get so snarky towards the Vikings in every forum I've ever been to...far more vicious that the Vikings' fans are (although there a few out there that are just as snarky).

It's that fragile ego that they have, knowing that for all the glory years of QBing that they've had for 23 years now, has only generated them 2 titles...and they see the end coming in the near future, because they know we're coming and we're closing in fast.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we just talk about the Packer team, not their fans.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
The Packers forum was a dark place on Monday.

It's just one loss. It shouldn't be the end of the world. Denver is an elite team if Manning can become more efficient. However, Bridgewater and the Vikings handled the game far better than Rodgers and the Packers did at Denver this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Bridgewater and the Vikings handled the game far better than Rodgers and the Packers did at Denver this year.

ya think?

Wink

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frustration has become evident for an offense that’s perennially been among the league’s highest-producing units under coach Mike McCarthy. After Sunday’s 29-10 blowout loss in Denver, however, the Packers fell to 28th in total offense (332.1 yards per game) and 27th in passing (210.1 ypg).

The NFL’s highest-scoring offense a year ago has averaged only 17.8 points over its last four games. After weeks of calling for his receivers to gain more separation, Rodgers reiterated in his postgame news conference the need for doing something different “schematically.” Inside the visiting locker room, right guard T.J. Lang emphasized the importance of increased creativity in a turnaround. McCarthy says he understands where his players are coming from, but also isn’t going to overreact to one game.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/11/02/frustration-builds-packers-offense/75048044/

schism.

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i hope we just talk about the Packer team, not their fans.

Of course. I've always thought Aaron Rodgers was a little snarky. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
TENINCH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for them to fire McCarthy, trade Rodgers, and start building that team from scratch. Liar
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Week 14 December 2013 the Packers beat the Cowboys in Dallas. Dallas was 8-5 at the time.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: