Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Villager - Robison Extended (p27)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7762
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Valhalla Villager - Robison Extended (p27) Reply with quote

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings ‏@Vikings
We have signed Toby Johnson (@Future020113SEC) to the active roster and placed @sharriffloyd on IR.


Quote:
Toby Johnson ‏@Future020113SEC
I can't thank the vikings organization enough for believing in me I'm excited to be apart of… https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7W44ADm3C/


I don't think it's common practice for a practice squad player to sign a 3 year contract when he's being brought up to the active roster.

Which would mean that Toby Johnson got a contract extension before Sharrif Floyd. I don't expect to see Sharrif Floyd suit up in a Vikings uniform again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5219
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shariff just doesn't deserve $6M next year from us. Like others have said, he is a good player when he plays, but he has constant nagging injuries.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4165
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Valhalla Villager - Floyd to IR, Toby Johnson Signs 3yr Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Quote:
Minnesota Vikings ‏@Vikings
We have signed Toby Johnson (@Future020113SEC) to the active roster and placed @sharriffloyd on IR.


Quote:
Toby Johnson ‏@Future020113SEC
I can't thank the vikings organization enough for believing in me I'm excited to be apart of… https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7W44ADm3C/


I don't think it's common practice for a practice squad player to sign a 3 year contract when he's being brought up to the active roster.

Which would mean that Toby Johnson got a contract extension before Sharrif Floyd. I don't expect to see Sharrif Floyd suit up in a Vikings uniform again.


I am more surprised it took so long to bring him up. He stood out every preseason game and we haven't gotten much out of our DT's this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7762
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there isn't a contractual reason that Floyd wasn't put on IR earlier?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5219
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdrianPeterson: "I plan on practicing this week. My plan/vision is to be back for the Green Bay game." (via @djskee & @dashradio)

_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 10772
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Quote:
@AdrianPeterson: "I plan on practicing this week. My plan/vision is to be back for the Green Bay game." (via @djskee & @dashradio)


Will be interesting to see how it works with shotgun and short drops.....and no run blocking. I do think AP can get x and 1 easier than their current choice.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5219
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Quote:
@AdrianPeterson: "I plan on practicing this week. My plan/vision is to be back for the Green Bay game." (via @djskee & @dashradio)


Will be interesting to see how it works with shotgun and short drops.....and no run blocking. I do think AP can get x and 1 easier than their current choice.



Will be interesting to just see if they use them on X and 1.
Seemed like they wanted to use Asiata some of the times even with AP and now we have a half injured AP.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arKnaD7


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 3154
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Valhalla Villager - Floyd to IR, Toby Johnson Signs 3yr Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I don't think it's common practice for a practice squad player to sign a 3 year contract when he's being brought up to the active roster.

I'd guess it's just a standard UDFA contact for anyone brought up from the practice squad, like Thielen or Line got.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 12725
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone tried to snatch him and we paid him to keep him around?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I'm wondering if there isn't a contractual reason that Floyd wasn't put on IR earlier?


Perhaps there is a minimum number of games on the active roster for a team to receive draft pick compensation for a player signed away from them?

Where are the cap wizards/ draft rule geeks when you need them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Shariff just doesn't deserve $6M next year from us. Like others have said, he is a good player when he plays, but he has constant nagging injuries.


Spielman shunned the Shariff? Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23084
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be more likely that we trade Floyd or outright release him if it comes to that..?
_________________


Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Would it be more likely that we trade Floyd or outright release him if it comes to that..?


Why release him?

Who would trade for him if he is seen as injury prone and it is expected that the Vikings won't offer him a second contract? The two transactions in sequence and close time proximity gives the impression that the Vikings will not invite him back. Some people posting above think that is the case. But, anything could happen! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23084
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Would it be more likely that we trade Floyd or outright release him if it comes to that..?


Why release him?

Who would trade for him if he is seen as injury prone and it is expected that the Vikings won't offer him a second contract? The two transactions in sequence and close time proximity gives the impression that the Vikings will not invite him back. Some people posting above think that is the case. But, anything could happen! Laughing


You trade based on potential/prior performance before the injury. I don't think teams will wait out his contract here when he could make an immediate impact.

Anything could happen.
_________________


Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Would it be more likely that we trade Floyd or outright release him if it comes to that..?


Why release him?

Who would trade for him if he is seen as injury prone and it is expected that the Vikings won't offer him a second contract? The two transactions in sequence and close time proximity gives the impression that the Vikings will not invite him back. Some people posting above think that is the case. But, anything could happen! Laughing


You trade based on potential/prior performance before the injury. I don't think teams will wait out his contract here when he could make an immediate impact.

Anything could happen.


Oh! I was perhaps incorrectly (?) under the impression his contract ends at the end of this season. Am I wrong?

If he is under contract thru 2017, then I would agree with trying to trade him.... if Zimmer is upset with his inability to stay healthy / try to properly rehab / whatever else might annoy him. But his 'prior performance' includes being injured several times and that means he isn't available to do his job as often as a team would prefer. So, teams trading for him would likely use that as a bargaining point to drive down his value in exchange. In that case, if Spielman doesn't get any offers he feels are reasonable, it makes more sense to let Floyd play out his contract and then leave for the dark side of the moon... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group