Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Windy City News: Chicago Bear updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.J.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
A.J. wrote:
any word on if they are gonna resign berrian or let him go?

We offered him a contract about a week ago, I have not seen the details of it though. From what I'm hearing from his agent is that he will test FA then fall back on our offer if he doesn't get more from someone else. I don't see any "home town discount" being considered here...he will go to the highest bidder.

ok thanks for the update Very Happy

Oklahoma Sooner Fan (Boomer Sooner)
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How serious are the Bears about possibly moving John Tait from left tackle to right tackle, which some consider his more natural position? I dont know if Id say its his natural side, Bears head coach Lovie Smith told PFW at the Combine. Of course, he has played both positions. Thats an option we have, and right now, were keeping all of our options open. The direction we go with the left tackle position will dictate what happens to John.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
TJACK7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From re-siging one top-notch QB to another Laughing

The Bears have extended QB Kyle Orton's contract through the 2009 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806e3aa7&template=without-video&confirm=true

Mad Props to this providence on the sig! Thanks Man!!
Proud Co-Winner of the 2007, Vikings Forum, New Oarsmen Award
Exsted wrote:
I'd like a nice Booty over Boll's sacks anyways...
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chicago Bears signed WR Brandon Lloyd to a one-year contract Friday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lloyd entered the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick (124th overall) of the San Francisco 49ers in 2003.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d80716d17&template=without-video&confirm=true

many on the site are lamenting the Bears' lack of offense and lack of substantial moves to address it. your thoughts?

Webmaster wrote:
Achilles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Chicago Bears signed WR Brandon Lloyd to a one-year contract Friday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lloyd entered the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick (124th overall) of the San Francisco 49ers in 2003.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d80716d17&template=without-video&confirm=true

many on the site are lamenting the Bears' lack of offense and lack of substantial moves to address it. your thoughts?

It's not a bad signing by Chicago considering their extreme need at the position, but they still need to add an ace type receiver. Lloyd would give them a solid number three or even number two receiver, his problem is that he can't catch. The Bears still need to address the position EARLY in the draft, and with the extension of Orton maybe they feel they have their QB, so I think drafting either Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas would be a great move for Chicago. Sweed would be a great replacement for Moose and would provide a good possession receiver, where as Thomas would give them a more rounded receiver who can both make the tough grab and get down field.

"I quit smoking to give emphazima a break and to allow diabetes to catch up."
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Lion Kevin Jones has signed a 1 year contract with the Chicago Bears for an undisclosed amount.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3488746

I always thought that he was a good player would couldn't keep the injury bug away. Maybe the Bears aren't as confident with the Peterson/Forte/Wolfe trio as they let on after releasing Benson?

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Steve Kisiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once (and this is just in my opinion) The Bears did something right. They now have what should be a good mentor for Matt Forte for a year, and a starting RB who if healthy, can perfom at an extremely high rate (his rookie season has that to show, yet injuries derailed him).

So I'm guessing the RB roster goes as followed:

1. Kevin Jones
2. Matt Forte
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Garrett Wolfe*

*-indicates player may get cut

R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

[quote="Jared Allen on blankie"]If anyone thinks I'm a wuss, you are absolutely correct![/quote]
PrplePplBleeder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kisiel wrote:
For once (and this is just in my opinion) The Bears did something right. They now have what should be a good mentor for Matt Forte for a year, and a starting RB who if healthy, can perfom at an extremely high rate (his rookie season has that to show, yet injuries derailed him).

1. Kevin Jones
2. Matt Forte
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Garrett Wolfe*

I doubt Wolfe gets cut. He's a hometown boy, and could be a great COP back. If he does, I wouldn't mind the Vikings bringing him in. He's explosive. But I agree, Jones is a great back when healthy, but that's not often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3J17S4vHnw

Future NFL kicker? Thoughts?
He's my future client. Contact me NFL.
Steve Kisiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplePplBleeder wrote:
Steve Kisiel wrote:

1. Kevin Jones
2. Matt Forte
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Garrett Wolfe*

I doubt Wolfe gets cut. He's a hometown boy, and could be a great COP back. If he does, I wouldn't mind the Vikings bringing him in. He's explosive. But I agree, Jones is a great back when healthy, but that's not often.

Well there is nothing wrong with him, but I don't think he fits the Bears offense. Also, I'm not sold on Maurice Hicks as what I once was, and I'd like to see what Wolfe can do for us (he wasn't bad in college, but his NFL career doesn't seem that great [but that could be because he hasn't got the ball much in his short career]). I'd be very happy with him as our 3rd.

Also, did you mean Wolfe is a nattive from Illinois or Minnesota?

*Man when looking back on what I posted, I can't believe I for one second supported Brian Brohm.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

[quote="Jared Allen on blankie"]If anyone thinks I'm a wuss, you are absolutely correct![/quote]
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kisiel wrote:
For once (and this is just in my opinion)...

Steve...

you don't have to preface your remarks by informing us that an opinion is going to follow. most everything all of us write here are our opinions.

except for what i just wrote, that is.

Webmaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Jones will not start for Chicago.

Matt Forte is an all purpose back that has decent hands, can pound the rock, block (which isntantly makes him a candidate for the 3rd down role a long with Adrian Peterson), and of course, he is a patient runner.

Kevin Jones is just a hands out of the backfield type player at this point in his career and if anyone gets cut, it would be Jones over Wolfe.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in general, lets not forget that all of the teams in our division had impressive drafts.

While I personally think the Lions had an excellent draft, I think the Bears are 2nd.

I don't think Chris Williams is ever going to be elite, but I do like his upside and I think he will hold is own down the road.

Matt Forte is a good runningback that doesn't get enough credit for what he does. I wouldn't utter the words "Rookie of the Year" but I'd expect Forte to prove that CHcago can hold down a running game for the next 5+ years.

One of my favorite WR's in this draft was Earl Bennett, and his explosiveness is tough to contain. He has the potential to be a very good receiver, and as a football fan, I'm excited to see what he does in Chicago.

Coming back in round 3 taking a 1st round talent with Arkansas DT Marcus Harrison who will provide a good young player who could become dominant next to an already good pass rusher in Tommie Harris.

Then replacing Adam Archuleta with the Surfer Boy, Craig Steltz. A tough hard nosed tackler and possible special teams ace as a rook.

Zachary Bowman and Kellen Davis were also nice additions.

Good draft.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
usdvikes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Just in general, lets not forget that all of the teams in our division had impressive drafts.

While I personally think the Lions had an excellent draft, I think the Bears are 2nd.

I don't think Chris Williams is ever going to be elite, but I do like his upside and I think he will hold is own down the road.

Matt Forte is a good runningback that doesn't get enough credit for what he does. I wouldn't utter the words "Rookie of the Year" but I'd expect Forte to prove that CHcago can hold down a running game for the next 5+ years.

One of my favorite WR's in this draft was Earl Bennett, and his explosiveness is tough to contain. He has the potential to be a very good receiver, and as a football fan, I'm excited to see what he does in Chicago.

Coming back in round 3 taking a 1st round talent with Arkansas DT Marcus Harrison who will provide a good young player who could become dominant next to an already good pass rusher in Tommie Harris.

Then replacing Adam Archuleta with the Surfer Boy, Craig Steltz. A tough hard nosed tackler and possible special teams ace as a rook.

Zachary Bowman and Kellen Davis were also nice additions.

Good draft.

You forgot about the man I think was the offensive steal of the draft, Marcus Monk.
Steve Kisiel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Kevin Jones will not start for Chicago.

Matt Forte is an all purpose back that has decent hands, can pound the rock, block (which isntantly makes him a candidate for the 3rd down role a long with Adrian Peterson), and of course, he is a patient runner.

Kevin Jones is just a hands out of the backfield type player at this point in his career and if anyone gets cut, it would be Jones over Wolfe.

I get what your saying, but you really don't think expierence or leadership (if Jones has any) will really determine the starting RB for the Bears?

I mean, we all know that Forte can catch, block and is a pretty good RB from what we know from College. But, we don't know how much leadership, chemistry he has, and we can positively say that Forte has absolutely no in game expierence in the NFL. I'd say 2 of the 3 things I listed (leadership and expierence) will be the determining factor Chicago, and Jones will start for half the year.

Also, we know that Jones isn't all that horrible when catching the ball, we know he can be very dangerous running if healthy, and at most is a decent blocker.

I don't know how dedicated the Bears are with Forte so far, and since they signed Jones, I can envision him playing this season, and not being cut until the offseason hits.

R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

VikesGuy07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for those who haven't heard: Devin Hester is Holding Out From Bears Training Camp
Quote:
Devin Hester, who has electrified the NFL with 11 punt and kickoff returns for touchdowns in his first two seasons, skipped the Chicago Bears' first training camp practice Wednesday in a holdout.

Hester, a two-time Pro Bowler, was placed on the Bears' Reserve/Did Not Report list.

"I'm not coming," Hester told the Chicago Tribune in a phone interview. "I have to make a statement. I showed by going to [organized team activities] that I was a team player. But then, I just felt like they weren't taking it seriously that I wanted to get a new deal."

"I can't go out and play this year making $445,000. Come on, man," Hester said.

According to ESPN.com's John Clayton, talks on a contract extension ran out of time now the Bears are expected to fine Hester $15,000 a day.

Can't say he doesn't deserve it, but I think it would be handled a bit better. The quote where he says "I can't go out and play this year making...blah blah blah" sounds really stand off-ish. There's a number of classier things to say here. At the same time, if the Bears haven't been doing their due diligence like they claim, and this has been a problem for a long time, I can understand Hester's frustration.

I still think it could be handled better though.

*EDIT*: Some interesting quotes from Bears Brass
Quote:
The Chicago Bears insisted Wednesday they were blindsided by kick returner/wide receiver Devin Hester's decision to hold out from training camp. The Bears assume Hester is not happy with the pace of negotiations on a potential contract extension, but general manager Jerry Angelo said: "I really don't know why he isn't here today."

According to Angelo, one of Hester's agents "floated" the idea of a holdout earlier this week. Angelo, however, said he "didn't take it serious because we were still talking." Numbers were still being exchanged, Angelo said, when the decision was made.

"There was no closure," Angelo said. "Usually when you say, 'Hey, it's over, take it or leave it, we're out of money,' you might get a reaction like that. But continuing on into negotiations as we have been, it's surprising. ... We did tell Devin we were going to address his situation and we have. That's where it is. The timing of it maybe wasn't satisfactory to him, but those things kind of run their course."

Also, a quote from Hester in that article:
Quote:
That lack of urgency apparently set Hester off. He told the Chicago Tribune that the team wasn't "taking it seriously that I wanted to get a new deal." Hester went on to make this outlandish statement:

"You should pay me like I'm one of a kind. It's like dating a girl. When you find somebody that is real special, you're going to do whatever it takes to keep her. You might cut back on what you're giving your mom to give her. And that's how I feel they should treat me."

Laughing I'm not quite sure I follow, Devin. He's great on the field, but an analogy expert he is not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: