Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Windy City News: Chicago Bear updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18297
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Steve Kisiel wrote:
I think when this happened, a train really did wreck.

I'm predicting:

1. Rex Grossman will be benched after week 5, comes back after injury to backup
2. The Bears finish with a record of 2-14
3. Lovie Smith gets fired
4. Rex Grossman is cut (or let go from franchise)
5. Bears sign Florida QB Tim Tebow with 1st pick of draft
6. Same process over again Laughing

**Predictions based on my opinion

I really do think this was the worse thing to happen to Chicago. Rex just doesn't have the talent around him to make him "good". I think they'd be better off by getting Brian Brohm in the draft.


Steve you just keep going.Just because of you I really hope we play the Vikings first so I can take the pleasure in watching Dusty Dvoracek plant Petersons head into the turf.He did that to LT so I dont see why he cant to AP Smile .Honestly we finished 7-9 with the QB rotation going on we arent that bad to go 2-14.

He'd have to get on the field and stay on it for that to happen. According to his career stats, Dvoracek has played one career game and has one career solo tackle. That was against LT? If it was, I think he should hang it up right now just for the story alone. Imagine being able to say the only tackle you ever made was against the best RB of his time in his prime. That's the stuff of legend. Wink


Well thats the reason I wanted to play you guys first.He would be on the field for one play tackle AP and then tear his ACL. Smile
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73239
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're all going to be nice to each other, right?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonysoprano


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 2289
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-signing Rex was our best option. He typically plays poorly versus the Vikes so I can see where you guys don't think much of him.

I want to see where Free Agency and the draft take both teams before commenting further on the division. It's hard to predict right now how the teams will do until we see who gets added.

With that said, what is the Vikings cap status for 2008? How many millions are you under the cap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73239
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonysoprano wrote:
Re-signing Rex was our best option. He typically plays poorly versus the Vikes so I can see where you guys don't think much of him.

hmm, interesting...

was it that we have that creates that mis-match with him? because we don't have a strong rush or a strong secondary. qb's should love us.


tonysoprano wrote:
With that said, what is the Vikings cap status for 2008? How many millions are you under the cap?


30 something.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve Kisiel


Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 1775
Location: Pittsburgh-Ya know? Steelers Country
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Steve Kisiel wrote:
I think when this happened, a train really did wreck.

I'm predicting:

1. Rex Grossman will be benched after week 5, comes back after injury to backup
2. The Bears finish with a record of 2-14
3. Lovie Smith gets fired
4. Rex Grossman is cut (or let go from franchise)
5. Bears sign Florida QB Tim Tebow with 1st pick of draft
6. Same process over again Laughing

**Predictions based on my opinion

I really do think this was the worse thing to happen to Chicago. Rex just doesn't have the talent around him to make him "good". I think they'd be better off by getting Brian Brohm in the draft.


Steve you just keep going.Just because of you I really hope we play the Vikings first so I can take the pleasure in watching Dusty Dvoracek plant Petersons head into the turf.He did that to LT so I dont see why he cant to AP Smile .Honestly we finished 7-9 with the QB rotation going on we arent that bad to go 2-14.


Man, it was just a joke. I can't make any solid predictions until after the Free Agency era, draft, releasings etc. etc. I've never liked Rex Grossman, and where it says it's my opinion, the only opinion I was making is that "I don't like Rex Grossman". (notice my emitcon)

I really don't think Chicago can do all that bad. As long as the defense realizes that they have to do their part, and not take a play off (and learn how to tackle Laughing ) then this team could be a pretty darn good team. Rex can win on his defense, and we can repeat this process and really ask ourselves if Rex can ever be a factor in the NFL.

Just read my last paragraph. I think that should summarize it.
_________________


R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

[quote="Jared Allen on blankie"]If anyone thinks I'm a wuss, you are absolutely correct![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
tonysoprano


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 2289
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Re-signing Rex was our best option. He typically plays poorly versus the Vikes so I can see where you guys don't think much of him.

hmm, interesting...

was it that we have that creates that mis-match with him? because we don't have a strong rush or a strong secondary. qb's should love us.


tonysoprano wrote:
With that said, what is the Vikings cap status for 2008? How many millions are you under the cap?


30 something.


I think a combo. He plays poorly versus the Vikes and the Vikes D has a lot to do with it. Orton did not play all that well either versus the Vikes last year. So maybe its more to do with the Vikes D.

We are at about 27 million now (after signing Rex) but I believe we will gain another million or two once we cut Griese.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73239
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Clark re-signs with Da Bears:

Clark and rookie first-round pick Greg Olsen (39 catches for 391 yards) were one of only two tight end tandems in the NFL to each have over 350 yards receiving in 2007, joining Dallas Clark (616) and Ben Utecht (364) of the Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4402
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5407
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with QBs is they either get all the credit or all the blame. Rex is a decent QB. He certainly isnt great, but he's far from the worst. If you really think he's that bad, sign Ryan Leaf. For Rex to be good, we need an o-line, a good running game and WRs who actually catch the ball and run the right routes. How many times has one of our WRs run the wrong route resulting in an INT? And would it kill Turner to let Rex play out of the shotgun? With who we have right now, Peyton or Brady would be horrible. Now that we have Rex, get him an offence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJACK7


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 1531
Location: Hell on Earth (Green Bay), WI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
The problem with QBs is they either get all the credit or all the blame. Rex is a decent QB. He certainly isnt great, but he's far from the worst. If you really think he's that bad, sign Ryan Leaf. For Rex to be good, we need an o-line, a good running game and WRs who actually catch the ball and run the right routes. How many times has one of our WRs run the wrong route resulting in an INT? And would it kill Turner to let Rex play out of the shotgun? With who we have right now, Peyton or Brady would be horrible. Now that we have Rex, get him an offence.


A blown route is hardly an excuse for poor quarterback play. Aren't good QBs supposed to be able to adjust to a blown route? Oh yeah, Sexy Rexy isnt a good QB.. my bad. Yeah, blame the receivers.
_________________


Mad Props to this providence on the sig! Thanks Man!!
Proud Co-Winner of the 2007, Vikings Forum, New Oarsmen Award
Exsted wrote:
I'd like a nice Booty over Boll's sacks anyways...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
icebox


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 1327
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJACK7 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
The problem with QBs is they either get all the credit or all the blame. Rex is a decent QB. He certainly isnt great, but he's far from the worst. If you really think he's that bad, sign Ryan Leaf. For Rex to be good, we need an o-line, a good running game and WRs who actually catch the ball and run the right routes. How many times has one of our WRs run the wrong route resulting in an INT? And would it kill Turner to let Rex play out of the shotgun? With who we have right now, Peyton or Brady would be horrible. Now that we have Rex, get him an offence.


A blown route is hardly an excuse for poor quarterback play. Aren't good QBs supposed to be able to adjust to a blown route? Oh yeah, Sexy Rexy isnt a good QB.. my bad. Yeah, blame the receivers.


I agree with you to a certain extent, in 06 we had a decent O-line ,a good running game and the receivers played well,and yet Rex was still very inconsistant with his decision making.In 07 we were hoping that with his first full season under his belt he would have shown some maturity in his decision making,it didn't happen.Whether you can blame the receivers,the O-line or the running game is for the individual to decide.

My bone of contention is that IMO Griese wasn't given a fair chance,we've given Rex 5 years to get his stuff together and yet Griese had 7 or so weeks.Take into account that Griese had thrown more yards,more TD's and a higher QB rating than Rex, but he also threw more INT's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5407
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJACK7 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
The problem with QBs is they either get all the credit or all the blame. Rex is a decent QB. He certainly isnt great, but he's far from the worst. If you really think he's that bad, sign Ryan Leaf. For Rex to be good, we need an o-line, a good running game and WRs who actually catch the ball and run the right routes. How many times has one of our WRs run the wrong route resulting in an INT? And would it kill Turner to let Rex play out of the shotgun? With who we have right now, Peyton or Brady would be horrible. Now that we have Rex, get him an offence.


A blown route is hardly an excuse for poor quarterback play. Aren't good QBs supposed to be able to adjust to a blown route? Oh yeah, Sexy Rexy isnt a good QB.. my bad. Yeah, blame the receivers.


All QBs get all the blame or all the credit. My point is, the credit/blame needs to go to other players, not just the QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5084
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As comical as our QB situtation is in Chicago, I'd have to say that we do have a better QB situation than the Vikings....Tarvaris who?

Anyways, its not the worst thing the Bears couldve done. Honestly, whoever thinks that we can just plug in Griese or someother washed up free-agent QB to help fix this problem is crazy. I'd rather take my chances with Rex, because to be honest there is nobody better out there to replace him. The only alternative would be to trade for a polished QB, which many teams arent willing to give up unless you trade them the world. My thinking is that they draft a QB this year, and the Bears go into this season similar to how to Browns went into last season with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. Hopefully, we get the same result after seeing DA's great year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enrage


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 15186
Location: Seoul Searchin'
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
As comical as our QB situtation is in Chicago, I'd have to say that we do have a better QB situation than the Vikings....Tarvaris who?


I'd disagree. The Vikings have a young QB that both the coaches and players believe is the future of the franchise. There is a reason Rex was resigned to a one-year deal, not a multi-year extension. I don't think you need me to tell you the reason.
_________________
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Losers should not get pizza.


The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A.J.


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3111
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any word on if they are gonna resign berrian or let him go?
_________________

Oklahoma Sooner Fan (Boomer Sooner)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GRRLacher


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 20640
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. wrote:
any word on if they are gonna resign berrian or let him go?

We offered him a contract about a week ago, I have not seen the details of it though. From what I'm hearing from his agent is that he will test FA then fall back on our offer if he doesn't get more from someone else. I don't see any "home town discount" being considered here...he will go to the highest bidder.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group