Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe Buffalo will resign Clements this offseason?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe Buffalo will resign Clements this offseason?
Yes, definately
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No, I don't see it happening
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Do you believe Buffalo will resign Clements this offseason? Reply with quote

I personally don't believe they will let him go after letting Winfield walk a couple years ago, plus him and Takeo are the cornerstones of that defense. I was interested in what you guys thought, especially those who live in Buffalo who can keep track of the team better.
soxfin22

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems as though they do not want him any more
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes a top 5 corner back in the nfl and hes on pace to be the best cornerback of all-time (in terms of ints and tds) so i think there is no way the bills let him go. Theyll put the franchise tag on him.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
Hes a top 5 corner back in the nfl and hes on pace to be the best cornerback of all-time (in terms of ints and tds) so i think there is no way the bills let him go. Theyll put the franchise tag on him.

I totally agree that he's a top 5 cornerback, I talked about this in another thread, that he is really underrated. Nobody knows who he is and last year probably had the best year of any cornerback with 78 tck, 5 ff, and 6 ints, not to mention he's still only 25(unless ESPN is lying to me again Laughing )
soxfin22

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is not a top five corner
no way
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soxfin22 wrote:
no way

How is he not a top 5 corner? He doesn't get burned often and look at his stats for the first 4 years:
Stats Team TCKL SOLO ASST SCK SCKYDS FF INT YDS AVG TD LONG PD
2001 Bills 65 55 10 1.0 1.0 3 3 48 16.0 1 48 14
2002 Bills 64 51 13 0.0 0.0 0 6 82 13.7 1 42 19
2003 Bills 62 51 11 0.0 0.0 0 3 54 18.0 1 54 7
2004 Bills 78 58 20 0.5 0.0 5 6 77 12.8 1 35 14
Career 269 215 54 1.5 1.0 8 18 261 14.5 4 54 54
Name 5 corners better I want to see your list.

Last edited by Taylor-36 Portis-26 on Fri May 27, 2005 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
Phreak wrote:

I totally agree that he's a top 5 cornerback, I talked about this in another thread, that he is really underrated. Nobody knows who he is and last year probably had the best year of any cornerback with 78 tck, 5 ff, and 6 ints, not to mention he's still only 25(unless ESPN is lying to me again Laughing )

hahaha, he actually is 25. Atleast i think so... And i agree with you here. He is the most underrated CB in football right now. He is straight up amazing and he dosent get credit for it because he was overshadowed by other players on the defense like spikes and winfeild. He really proved himself last year because he went up against all the number one recievers on teams. Nate Clements can play football, and he does one hell of a job at it to. He is on pace to be the greatest CB of all time. In the first four years of anyones career, nobody has done what clements has done in his first four. He has the most interceptions and most tds by any player in the HISTORY of the nfl in there first four seasons. Now that is feat. He is greatly underrated and he will continue to be great as his career goes on. He is definitly a top 5 corner in the nfl.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
Phreak wrote:

hahaha, he actually is 25. Atleast i think so... And i agree with you here. He is the most underrated CB in football right now. He is straight up amazing and he dosent get credit for it because he was overshadowed by other players on the defense like spikes and winfeild. He really proved himself last year because he went up against all the number one recievers on teams. Nate Clements can play football, and he does one hell of a job at it to. He is on pace to be the greatest CB of all time. In the first four years of anyones career, nobody has done what clements has done in his first four. He has the most interceptions and most tds by any player in the HISTORY of the nfl in there first four seasons. Now that is feat. He is greatly underrated and he will continue to be great as his career goes on. He is definitly a top 5 corner in the nfl.

That's exactly what I'm saying only in greater detail Laughing , I can't believe how this guy continues to go unnoticed.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they at least franchise him if they cannot get a contract worked out before next season. And certainly he is a top 5 cb in the league soxfin22, name your top 5 if clements isn't.
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see how they would let him walk, unless they are strapped for cash, and some team makes a McAlister or Bailey-like offer for him.

franchise tag and a trade would be the best move if they cant afford to resign him.

I'm not sure he's in my top 5 list yet (Bailey, McAlister, Winfield, Rolle, Surtain, and arguably Law & Bly) BUT he definitely is in my top 10 list, and I could very soon put him into the top 5 list once Rolle and Law get too old to keep up.

Honestly, you couldnt draft a top 5 CB thats as sure thing as Clements, and a top 5 CB would cost hardly any less than Clements will, so to me it seems like a no brainer to resign him, especially with the importance of having "shut down" corners.

Oh, and statistically, Anthony Henry (of the Cowboys, formerly Browns) is actually RIGHT behind Clements in stats, 1 less INT, a couple less deflections and only a dozen or so less tackles... Of course I dont think Anthony Henry is even worthy of holding Clements jock, but statistically speaking he's right up there with him. (just goes to show that when it comes to CBs, stats mean very little) Smile
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares Caesar wrote:
I cant see how they would let him walk, unless they are strapped for cash, and some team makes a McAlister or Bailey-like offer for him.

franchise tag and a trade would be the best move if they cant afford to resign him.

I'm not sure he's in my top 5 list yet (Bailey, McAlister, Winfield, Rolle, Surtain, and arguably Law & Bly) BUT he definitely is in my top 10 list, and I could very soon put him into the top 5 list once Rolle and Law get too old to keep up.

Honestly, you couldnt draft a top 5 CB thats as sure thing as Clements, and a top 5 CB would cost hardly any less than Clements will, so to me it seems like a no brainer to resign him, especially with the importance of having "shut down" corners.

Oh, and statistically, Anthony Henry (of the Cowboys, formerly Browns) is actually RIGHT behind Clements in stats, 1 less INT, a couple less deflections and only a dozen or so less tackles... Of course I dont think Anthony Henry is even worthy of holding Clements jock, but statistically speaking he's right up there with him. (just goes to show that when it comes to CBs, stats mean very little) Smile

Yeah stats are misleading for corners but all you have to do is watch Clements play and you'll see. I definately think Clements is at least 4th in the list of corners, I guess behind Bailey, Surtain and McAlister, but you could make an arguement for him to be ahead of them. I'd probably have Winfield round out my top 5. I definately can't see Bly and Law(at least now) ahead of him.
soxfin22

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soxfin22 wrote:
no way

How is he not a top 5 corner? He doesn't get burned often and look at his stats for the first 4 years:
Stats Team TCKL SOLO ASST SCK SCK YDS FF INT YDS AVG TD LONG PD
2001 Bills 65 55 10 1.0 1.0 3 3 48 16.0 1 48 14
2002 Bills 64 51 13 0.0 0.0 0 6 82 13.7 1 42 19
2003 Bills 62 51 11 0.0 0.0 0 3 54 18.0 1 54 7
2004 Bills 78 58 20 0.5 0.0 5 6 77 12.8 1 35 14
Career 269 215 54 1.5 1.0 8 18 261 14.5 4 54 54
Name 5 corners better I want to see your list.

YOU JUST SHUT ME DOWN

nice come back
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will honeestly boycott the Bills if we let Clements go. That would just be the dumbest thing they could do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Clements is a Top 3 Corner! Yes I said it. oh yeah and in terms of all around defense Nate Clements is the best overall Corner in the NFL!!!!

I hope to GOD the Bills don't resign him and I hope to God Cleveland brings him back home we'd have the best corner in the NFL and a very good #2 with Baxter where he is best suited to play anyway.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: