Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Injury News and Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: 2014 Injury News and Updates Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000378649/article/allen-derek-carr-suffered-concussion-vs-lions

Quote:
Derek Carr's promising evening for the Raiders came to a screeching halt in the fourth quarter of Oakland's 27-26 preseason win over the Detroit Lions.

Coach Dennis Allen told reporters that the rookie passer came out of the game with a concussion, per Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.

That surprised scribes who saw Carr repeatedly point to his midsection after 262-pound Larry Webster fell on him following a pass attempt:

Before his night was cut short, Carr generated three scoring drives and displayed a lively arm, finishing 9-of-16 passing for 109 yards and a score. It wasn't pristine, but the rookie looked good running play-action and showed more chemistry with his wideouts than veteran Matt Schaub.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VicTafur
Quote:
Allen hopes to see safety Usama Young make his practice debut Sunday

Quote:
Rookie DT Justin Ellis has still not been cleared from his concussion in the first preseason game

Quote:
Allen said CB DJ Hayden is getting closer but doesn't expect him back on practice field this week

Quote:
Dennis Allen said #Raiders rookie quarterback Derek Carr is feeling a lot better. x-rays on ribs negative, going though concussion protocol

alex_93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Saturday-Conversation-with-Coach-Allen/66f476cc-be57-41cd-a4b1-f6b7363afe44

More on what Vic Tafur tweeted about the Carr injury plus more.

Quote:
Coach Allen: Derek had X-rays on his ribs, they were negative. I spoke to Derek this morning. Hes feeling a lot better. He did have a concussion, so well follow the protocol there and kind of take that day by day.

Branch:

Quote:
Coach Allen: Im not sure, its an ankle injury. Its not serious and well see whether hes able to go out to practice tomorrow or not, but I dont expect that to be anything that we have to worry about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Saturday-Conversation-with-Coach-Allen/66f476cc-be57-41cd-a4b1-f6b7363afe44

More on what Vic Tafur tweeted about the Carr injury plus more.

Quote:
Coach Allen: Derek had X-rays on his ribs, they were negative. I spoke to Derek this morning. Hes feeling a lot better. He did have a concussion, so well follow the protocol there and kind of take that day by day.

Branch:

Quote:
Coach Allen: Im not sure, its an ankle injury. Its not serious and we’ll see whether hes able to go out to practice tomorrow or not, but I dont expect that to be anything that we have to worry about.

In other words, he's out for 10 weeks.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 15m
Tyvon Branch (ankle) on field. S Usama Young on field for first time (quad)
Oakland, CA
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders have signed free agent TE Kyle Auffray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't belong here but I haven't seen it anywhere else. I've been asking for this information and found it online.
August 26 (First roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the active list.

August 28

Final Preseason Games.

August 30 (Final roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the active/inactive List.
--
Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the active list.
August 31 (Waiver claims and practice squad)

Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.
--
Beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, clubs may establish a practice squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an accrued season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player active list for less than nine regular season games during each of any accrued seasons. A player cannot serve on the practice squad for more than three seasons.
Here's the link:
http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/8/3/5963741/nfl-calendar-2014-when-are-roster-cuts-other-important-dates
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Kelly cut by the Pats

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is here watching #49ers-Chargers game. Did anyone tell him about seven of his players being released?

Quote:
@CorkOnTheNFL

It's Reggie time now, with backups for #49ers and Chargers in game. These are the guys likely to be cut, perhaps signed by #Raiders, others.

Taking a look at possible cuts by the 49ers or chargers maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Linebacker Sio Moore (neck strain) was not at practice and Allen said there was no timetable on his return. Defensive tackle Justin Ellis (concussion) was at practice two weeks after a concussion and Allen expects him to face Seattle.

Cornerback Tarrel Brown and tackle Matt McCants (both concussions) were on the field, but linebacker Nick Roach (concussion) was not.

Geez, how may concussions can we get? I've lost count and I feel like there are others not mentioned in this excerpt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on with David Ausberry's knee?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Vic Tafur

Quote:
David Ausberry has wrap off knee. He was able to get out ... & do a little field work, so thats a step in right direction, Allen said.

No timescale but it looks promising. I'd put Ausberry 1-2 weeks behind DJ Hayden personally but no guarantees

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:

One of my favorite days on this board is when we finally flipped long-time poster DOCLEW on TK. For years we had been telling Doc that TK was selfish, a stat whore and he jumped the snap count to pad he stats to the determent of the team. Iirc, it was maybe a Sunday night game against SD and TK jumped off-sides TWICE to extend SDs game winning drive. The next day Doc was DONE with TK and he was gone next season. Thank the heavens.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Linebacker Sio Moore (neck strain) was not at practice and Allen said there was no timetable on his return. Defensive tackle Justin Ellis (concussion) was at practice two weeks after a concussion and Allen expects him to face Seattle.

Cornerback Tarrel Brown and tackle Matt McCants (both concussions) were on the field, but linebacker Nick Roach (concussion) was not.

Geez, how may concussions can we get? I've lost count and I feel like there are others not mentioned in this excerpt.
Better question is how many times can other teams blatently hit our players helmet to helmet with no flag.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

One of my favorite days on this board is when we finally flipped long-time poster DOCLEW on TK. For years we had been telling Doc that TK was selfish, a stat whore and he jumped the snap count to pad he stats to the determent of the team. Iirc, it was maybe a Sunday night game against SD and TK jumped off-sides TWICE to extend SDs game winning drive. The next day Doc was DONE with TK and he was gone next season. Thank the heavens.

Pats defense looks pretty good. Kelly never lived up to his ridiculous contract here and was a lockerroom cancer.

On another note, Terrelle Thomas let go by Seattle.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: