Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If the mock works out like this, what grade would you give it?
A:Couch GM of the future
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
B:Solid. Needs a bit of work.
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
C: Meh. I'll pass.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
D: This is awful.
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: 7 Round Mock Reply with quote

Note: I went mainly BPA. This IS opportunistic and I mocked what I would do. Not what reggie will do. Judge away...

1.Sammy Watkins: WR Clemson

Suddenly everyone hates Sammy Watkins. Not elite speed (not true ran a 4.34 at the combine before the 4.43). Too many screen passes (product of the clemson system). When I look at Watkins, I see a very shifty guy who is quick on underneath routes with the raw speed to burn a defense. Think a bigger, slightly faster Antonio Brown. Seeing as Brown had 1500 yards and 8 tds last year as a smaller receiver, I can see Watkins breaking 1000 and 6 or 7 tds as a rookie given his skill set and he could be the #1 for the next 8 to 10 years if everything plays out right. He could open things up for streater, moore, jones, and eventually holmes. I know some people want big strong receivers but we already have two with Holmes (6-4) and Streater (6-3) and even Jones (6-3). Watkins is an all around playmaker who can be the burner of the group and be used as a multidimensional threat as well. I can already see Greg Olsen and Matt Schaub's excitement.

2.Kyle Fuller:CB Virginia Tech
I'm a huge fan. There isn't much not to like. Solid 6 foot frame and 4.49 40 yard dash. Excellent technique and coverage skills. Injury concerns could definitely push him down to us in the 2nd and I could see him not only being a CB of the future, but a legit top 20 corner in the league in a few years.

3.Dominique Easley: DE/DT Florida
Another one of my favorite draft prospects. I think that concerns over his condition and playing weight will drop him to the top of the 3rd, as many draft sites have suggested. Easley would be a great understudy to Antonio Smith and his relentless motor would make him a fan favorite. He also would provide scheme versatility with the ability to play LDE on 1st and 2nd down and UT on 3rd down.

4.Aaron Lynch:DE South Florida
A real boom or bust pick here. No matter what people say to criticize Lynch, he has an amazing physical skill set and he could be a 8-10 sack guy at the next level if he can refine his technique. His explosion off of the line of scrimmage can't be taught and it's not as good as clowney's but still pretty damn good.

7.Ricardo Allen:CB Purdue
Undersized for sure but he's a great dime back who can play special teams and cover small, quick receivers. Good, young, cheap, db depth.

7.John Brown:KR/PR/WR
Blazing speed and he was an excellent receiver at Pitt State. High character guy with a lot of kick/punt returning experience. Seems like a Reggie kind of guy. Good value here.
Check this out:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2000771-2014-nfl-draft-top-8-deep-sleeper-prospects-your-team-needs/page/2

Overall what you get is:
#1/Future #1 WR
High ceiling corner.
Super disruptive interior lineman.
Risky but high upside edge rusher.
Reliable dime back.
Kick and Punt Returner.
What more can you ask for? (rhetorical lemme know what you like/dislike)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3272
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with that Draft.
Clowney then Watkins are my top 2 talents/BPA Matthews and QB's would be next but I think a QB could be there later but Fuller would be too tempting to pass up.
DT depth and a Boom/Bust pass rusher type. Pretty solid and 7th's are lucky to make a team unless it's ST so those two fit nicely. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 4982
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave you a B just because we didn't draft a QB, which I think we should and will do. Otherwise, great mock and great effort
_________________

GaTechRavens wrote:
PREDICTED RECORD: 2-14...a total clown show. It's okay, as Oakland's rebuilding period will soon be water under the bridge.
Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4994
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4994
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?




Cosnidering most of that is wrong then that's a good reason why not. He's not on the same level as Green or Jones in terms of potential. His ceiling is Antonio Brown. Not worth a #5 pick in a draft stacked with WR talent.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 396
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your 2nd a lot. As you already know, I can't get behind the Watkins pick...although I wouldn't be too pissed, after drafting people like dhb...I like lynch but I think that's too soon..I use to love him when he was at notre dame as a freshman..I thought he was going to be big time. He never looked the same after transferring and taking time off. Your 3rd is ok, not bad, just not who'd I'd want. The rest I don't know much about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
I like your 2nd a lot. As you already know, I can't get behind the Watkins pick...although I wouldn't be too pissed, after drafting people like dhb...I like lynch but I think that's too soon..I use to love him when he was at notre dame as a freshman..I thought he was going to be big time. He never looked the same after transferring and taking time off. Your 3rd is ok, not bad, just not who'd I'd want. The rest I don't know much about.


Fair enough. Who would you like in the 3rd?
Also I think it's worth taking a risk on lynch because his ceiling is so high compared to most of the edge rushers in the draft. The raiders actually met with him too so I think it could happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?




Cosnidering most of that is wrong then that's a good reason why not. He's not on the same level as Green or Jones in terms of potential. His ceiling is Antonio Brown. Not worth a #5 pick in a draft stacked with WR talent.


Watkins could definitely get 1000 yards next year with all sorts of plays. Screens, sweeps and he can work over the middle well in addition to going deep. Heck he can even run the football and he has good size at 210 for his height.

His CEILING is Antonio Brown? I think he can be better and Antonio is already a game changer at the next level. Also, who would you rather take at 5? Mack won't be there because Jax will probably take him. Robinson is good but he might be gone at 2nd overall. Watkins will probably drop to 5 and he is special. I agree that there is a lot of WR talent in the draft but Watkins is better than everyone in the draft at WR. No one has his blend of talents. If mack were to drop, i would be fine with that, but I think it's unrealistic to expect that.
Ideally:
1.Khalil Mack:
2.Allen Robinson:
leave the rest as is, but I don't see mack or robinson dropping quite that far. I hope i'm wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smokey1212


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Watkins fan at #5, so it kind of hurts the rest of it. I like Fuller, and I see both Easley and Lynch as boom or bust.

Overall it's risky in my opinion, so my feelings following the draft were this how it turned out would mostly be nerves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 1788
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?




Cosnidering most of that is wrong then that's a good reason why not. He's not on the same level as Green or Jones in terms of potential. His ceiling is Antonio Brown. Not worth a #5 pick in a draft stacked with WR talent.


His ceiling is Antonio Brown? WOW!!! People go out of their way to downplay guys they arent high on...

Watkins is bigger, stronger and faster than Brown. Brown has great hands and is MAYBE a little shiftier...Watkins will be a bigger threat in the red zone.

Oakland is a nice place for Watkins because he wont be asked to be the #1 right away, probably #3 and can learn from guys like Jones and Schaub. We will have a nice run game and Watkins can be our deep threat untill he is up to speed.

drafting Watkins also allows us to shop Moore, probably for the 5th we dont have...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 1788
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins WILL be BPA when we are up to draft...

Clowney, Mack and Robinson or Matthews will be gone...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31809
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Raidin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?




Cosnidering most of that is wrong then that's a good reason why not. He's not on the same level as Green or Jones in terms of potential. His ceiling is Antonio Brown. Not worth a #5 pick in a draft stacked with WR talent.


His ceiling is Antonio Brown? WOW!!! People go out of their way to downplay guys they arent high on...

Watkins is bigger, stronger and faster than Brown. Brown has great hands and is MAYBE a little shiftier...Watkins will be a bigger threat in the red zone.

Oakland is a nice place for Watkins because he wont be asked to be the #1 right away, probably #3 and can learn from guys like Jones and Schaub. We will have a nice run game and Watkins can be our deep threat untill he is up to speed.

drafting Watkins also allows us to shop Moore, probably for the 5th we dont have...


I'd rather have a different 1st round talent and Dmoe than Watkins imo. Watkins has potential, but so does Moore and we already have him. Maybe not the same level of potential, but we're in dire need of talent and we're stacked at WR. Stacked as in have a lot of guys there already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 396
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
I like your 2nd a lot. As you already know, I can't get behind the Watkins pick...although I wouldn't be too pissed, after drafting people like dhb...I like lynch but I think that's too soon..I use to love him when he was at notre dame as a freshman..I thought he was going to be big time. He never looked the same after transferring and taking time off. Your 3rd is ok, not bad, just not who'd I'd want. The rest I don't know much about.


Fair enough. Who would you like in the 3rd?
Also I think it's worth taking a risk on lynch because his ceiling is so high compared to most of the edge rushers in the draft. The raiders actually met with him too so I think it could happen.


Players I like in the 3rd:

1.I like deone buchanon a lot, which I feel would feel soon to become void at safety. Might even outplay woodson. Not sure how much longer we will have branch either.

2.If mettenberger makes it here, I would definitely draft him.

3. Mcgill is a player I am very big on, who could slip.

4. Also like Ahmad Dixon if all those players are gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 1788
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Raidin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Yea the more I see it written the more I realise Watkins at #5 is a huge fail.


Because he's really good and has special teams value? He's the best wr prospect since julio and aj green and I could see him having a 1000 yard season with Schaub, something we haven't had in 100000 years. Why not?




Cosnidering most of that is wrong then that's a good reason why not. He's not on the same level as Green or Jones in terms of potential. His ceiling is Antonio Brown. Not worth a #5 pick in a draft stacked with WR talent.


His ceiling is Antonio Brown? WOW!!! People go out of their way to downplay guys they arent high on...

Watkins is bigger, stronger and faster than Brown. Brown has great hands and is MAYBE a little shiftier...Watkins will be a bigger threat in the red zone.

Oakland is a nice place for Watkins because he wont be asked to be the #1 right away, probably #3 and can learn from guys like Jones and Schaub. We will have a nice run game and Watkins can be our deep threat untill he is up to speed.

drafting Watkins also allows us to shop Moore, probably for the 5th we dont have...


I'd rather have a different 1st round talent and Dmoe than Watkins imo. Watkins has potential, but so does Moore and we already have him. Maybe not the same level of potential, but we're in dire need of talent and we're stacked at WR. Stacked as in have a lot of guys there already.


when you have the oppurtunity to add a difference maker you do it, Watkins has top 10 WR potential and can make this offense better the minute he is added to our roster...

Plus with Clowney and Mack off the board, would provide as much impact as SW?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group