Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict who Sails or Sinks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Predict who Sails or Sinks Reply with quote

Raiders have a lot of new faces via draft and free agency. Predict what players make Reggie look good, and what moves back fire. A lot of guys who need to prove themselves in their roles. Do a little forecasting.

Sailors
RB- L Murray- has it all, just needs to hold up to taking hits
RB- Helu- expect him to thrive in his reserve role and surprise with more touched to keep Murray fresh.
WR-A Cooper- Florida kid is so smooth. He is going a problem for the opposition
WR-R Streater- bounce back year for Rod
WR- J Harper- understands the game better than butler, more dependable then Holmes. Makes the team
TE- C Walford- kid proves to be a rock solid pick in 3rd
RT- M Watson- stays healthy. lol Blind faith
RG- Feli - he is Miami tough, and will hold down RG spot
C- R Hudson- Mr. Hudson becomes a rock and leader for Raiders
DE- M Edwards- lost a bit in the shuffle on a stacked Florida State team, team didn't have a defined role. With motivation the sky is the limit
CB- Keith Mcgill- some reason I think he surprises and starter opposite Hayden
MLB- B Heeney- predict he is a steal for the Raiders
SS- T Mcdonald- Undrafted FreeAgent makes the team and might even start towards the end of the year. Instincts and ballhawking skills second to none of any current Raider.

Seaweed
RB- Richardson- has been a bust, coaches fall in love with his potential. No instincts
WR- Crabtree- predict he lost any explosion demonstrated in the past.
WR- Butler- needs to put it together this year, but hasn't grabbed the brass ring
WR- A Holmes- predict he will be the annual surprise cut. Butler or Holmes won't make the cut
RT A Howard- loses out to Watson, sits on the bench all year. Cut in 2016
MLB- C Lofton- PFF had him ranked really low
FS- N Allen- want to like him, but I'm just not buying it

Last edited by EricAllen21 on Sat May 09, 2015 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
dirtydom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailors
- RB's (No RB breaks 1k but the run game is top 10 and the team utilizes all four RB's, Murray, Helu, Richardson and Jones)
- CB's (Hayden stays healthy and proves he is a #1 while Carrie has another solid season)
- Offensive Line (Hudson, Penn and Jackson have great seasons and Watson breaks out as a decent RT keeping Austin Howard at RG)
- WR/TE's (Cooper and Walford prove to be good picks, Crabtree has a bounce back season and Streater, Holmes and Butler all improve)
- Special Teams (Janikowski bounces back with 30+ field goals, King finally becomes consistent and Debose returns a couple for TD's)

sinkers
- LB's (Sio Moore proves he is mediocre, Lofton proves 2014 wasn't a fluke and Malcolm Smith proves he is a backup level player)
- Safeties (Allen is mediocre and Woodson is too old)
- Defensive Line (Outside of Mack nobody on the roster can generate pressure, run defense is improved though)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtydom wrote:
sailors
- RB's (No RB breaks 1k but the run game is top 10 and the team utilizes all four RB's, Murray, Helu, Richardson and Jones)
- CB's (Hayden stays healthy and proves he is a #1 while Carrie has another solid season)
- Offensive Line (Hudson, Penn and Jackson have great seasons and Watson breaks out as a decent RT keeping Austin Howard at RG)
- WR/TE's (Cooper and Walford prove to be good picks, Crabtree has a bounce back season and Streater, Holmes and Butler all improve)
- Special Teams (Janikowski bounces back with 30+ field goals, King finally becomes consistent and Debose returns a couple for TD's)

sinkers
- LB's (Sio Moore proves he is mediocre, Lofton proves 2014 wasn't a fluke and Malcolm Smith proves he is a backup level player)
- Safeties (Allen is mediocre and Woodson is too old)
- Defensive Line (Outside of Mack nobody on the roster can generate pressure, run defense is improved though)
Your layout is better than mine. You still think Jones can be something? I always felt Jones didn't get a fair shake with Dennis Allen. Don't overlook Mario Edwards. Maybe I'm a little bias towards liking this draft class. Sio Moore, that is a shocker. But, I could see 2015 playing out like your forecast
dirtydom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
Your layout is better than mine. You still think Jones can be something? I always felt Jones didn't get a fair shake with Dennis Allen. Don't overlook Mario Edwards. Maybe I'm a little bias towards liking this draft class. Sio Moore, that is a shocker. But, I could see 2015 playing out like your forecast

Jones will make the roster because of his special teams skills but yeah I still feel like he can contribute at RB. he is one of the fastest players in the NFL, who just needed to bulk up a lil bit which he supposedly did this off-season. I don't expect him to beat anyone out but it certainly wouldn't hurt to use him in a couple packages on reverses, jet sweeps, screens, tosses and even draws. We don't have that bell cow type RB, i'd expect them all to get a little bit of run.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played better with Murray in, but I honestly think that's just a testament to how bad DMC and Maurice were. I would love for the kid to prove me wrong, but I don't see him succeeding. In my opinion, our RB position is once again filled with duds. Though I always did like Helu, so maybe there's potential with him and Murray challenging each other.

Otherwise, I expect our CB's to get better and our Safety play to be among the worst in the league. I'd offer more analysis but RB and CB are the only positions I've ever played or focused on.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinks

This thread

Sails

Everyone's morale

Props to JTagg for the sig and avi

Webmaster wrote:
RiskyDevil has been banned for trolling and inappropriate comments.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Predict who Sails or Sinks Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
Raiders have a lot of new faces via draft and free agency. Predict what players make Reggie look good, and what moves back fire. A lot of guys who need to prove themselves in their roles. Do a little forecasting.

Should it maybe be sink or swim?? Anyway I like the cut of your jib Laughing

Sails Above Expectations
FS Nate Allen - Miscast in Philly and with the role he's playing he has the skills and attributes to suprise.
RB Richardson - OK we're not expecting a lot but I feel if he can drop a few pounds, regain his explosiveness and improve his vision just a little he could be a viable 2nd option. He can still bust tackles and hopefully our line will make some holes.
MLB Heeney - I think he has the attitude and the physical attributes for the position and could supplant Lofton 2/3 of the way through the season and be our MLB for a long time moving forward.
OL Unit - I think that with Carr's quick release and a RB with much better vision and patience in Murray our whole OL could look pretty good in 2015. We may still need a LT and RT in 2016 though I'm hoping Watson finds the spark that has been missing thus far.
WR Cooper - We have high expectations but he's just a damn fine football player. His overall impact on our offense is big Very Happy

Sink Below Expectations
WR Crabtree - don't think he'll be an upgrade over Jones on the field and certainly not the team influence off the field.
QB Ponder - I understand he's here to help decipher our playbook but if Carr is out I'd go with McGloin every time over Ponder - I don't expect much but I think our FO think he can still take charge of an NFL offense.
DE Edwards Jr - I think he can be a good player in time but we're possibly expecting (as a fan base) too much too soon to hope he positively affects our pass rush straight away.
RT Howard - proves to be a very average RT, decent run blocker on the outside but pass protecting could be vulnerable against speed rushers, we were expecting a bit more for the money
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Predict who Sails or Sinks Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
MLB Heeney - I think he has the attitude and the physical attributes for the position and could supplant Lofton 2/3 of the way through the season and be our MLB for a long time moving forward.

So I haven't watched a lot of Heeney, but from what I have seen he gets caught out of position at times. It hurts him as a tackler since he's a bit undersized and also occasionally has a Miles Burris-esque gap-shoot. I'm not sure how he'll develop these instincts over 2/3's of his rookie season in addition to picking up the playbook for defense in addition to ST and adapting to the NFL both practice and in games.

I like him as depth at least, but I just don't see him being anything more than that this season.

#FreeAgent
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Predict who Sails or Sinks Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

So I haven't watched a lot of Heeney, but from what I have seen he gets caught out of position at times. It hurts him as a tackler since he's a bit undersized and also occasionally has a Miles Burris-esque gap-shoot. I'm not sure how he'll develop these instincts over 2/3's of his rookie season in addition to picking up the playbook for defense in addition to ST and adapting to the NFL both practice and in games.

I like him as depth at least, but I just don't see him being anything more than that this season.

I think his instincts are pretty good though he does overpursue and guess on times, things which can be worked on and things which may naturally improve as he matures.

When I saw him in action he gets all over the park and is constantly trying to make plays it seems, I fear he sometimes does too much if you know what I mean and that's also why he misses more tackles than most. Maybe with other guys round him who do their jobs well he just has to concentrate on doing his job right and not overextending himself trying to make splash plays every down.

We'll see in time, but as this thread is about I think he'll exceed popular expectations like those you have shared above.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any new predictions before the action goes down?

if I had two sleepers; M Valles and Tevin Mcdonald. Both contribute later in the year
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing on Kansas' crap team and being undersized, Heeney didn't have a choice but to try and beat blockers to the spot with his instincts and special athleticism. If he can be kept clean with the hogs we have in front of him at DT with Ellis and Williams, I think he can be a good starting MLB in a season or two. He'll be expected to make his contributions on ST's as a rookie, but with Lofton playing like a bum in recent seasons, I wouldn't count out the possibility of him getting snaps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One on offense one on defense.

Sails:
Anthony Morris - kids huge, strong, long and has a mean steak ten miles wide. I believe he will be our RT of the future. Over Watson.

TJ Carrie - He is always around the ball. He will turn into a play maker.

Sinks:

Michael Crabtree- He can catch, he can get open, but his attitude is one I've always hated. One and done with us after a lackluster year.

Nate Allen - He's a stop gap. Nothing more noting less. Very average. He'll get burned about 7 times this year, and we will hate him.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crabtree and Allen are gonna surprise you guys. Mark my words.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no mention of derek carr yet?

no matter how many players sail or sink, this franchise only goes somewhere if carr sails
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sails:
Carr
Murray
Cooper
Hudson
Mack
Hayden

Sinks:
Howard
Crabtree
Tuck
Lofton
Allen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: