Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Smith saga
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD1123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Smith saga Reply with quote

First off I'm sorry if this should be in a different thread. I looked and didn't see one and didn't know how to find one. Basically I have a question or 2 and figured we could probably have a decent convo/argument.

1st How does the NFL and Goodell get away with bogus suspensions? Now I'm not trying to say Smith or anyone else is innocent but a friend and I were talking and came up with a viable question. If you are sentenced to 6 months in jail you serve 6 and you leave. You don't go see the warden and he adds another 3 months. I know that's a huge jump but you get the point. Or better yet. If you get suspended from school/ work for 2 weeks. You come back after 2 weeks.

2nd who makes up the players association? I saw where they were represented at the Goodell - Smith meeting. It seems like they would have an issue with a 1 yr ban being a 1 yr and then whenever I get ready ban.

Now I'm not saying that Smith is a good guy or anything of that nature. I just don't get why he's waiting now. Did Brady wait? But I remember the same thing happening in other cases like Gordon or Rice. Again I'm not saying ANY of them are innocent or shouldn't be suspended. I just feel like if a punishment is levied then after said punishment is served the matter should be over. Am I missing something? If not what would happen if (I know this is wayyyyy out there) a large group of raider fans ( whatever team) levied a class action against the league ? Now I know people may say it would never work. But let's say they did and their basis was that he served his suspension and was not allowed to return. This likely cost whatever team a playoff or superbowl or whatever. And its been x number of years since we played for a title ect and some will never get to see it again blah blah blah. And as a fan base x amount of dollars has been spent on tickets, television programming, mech, ect. You know they would most likely lose but would it not put the leauge in such a bad light that changes would have to be made? Anyway maybe it's a waste of time and brain cells but it just hacks me off that a person, ANY person can be left dangling after completing what has been required for them to do. And sorry of this should have been somewhere else.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GODdell is a criminal and a Tyrant and should be put in Jail.Id like to see the players association get involved. They have to file a lawsuit. This is ridiculous.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
GODdell is a criminal and a Tyrant and should be put in Jail.Id like to see the players association get involved. They have to file a lawsuit. This is ridiculous.

They would except they have no grounds to sue. Just because you don't like that they are taking this time doesn't mean they aren't allowed to. Which they are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

They would except they have no grounds to sue. Just because you don't like that they are taking this time doesn't mean they aren't allowed to. Which they are.

Collective bargaining agreement or not, that is someone's livelihood and they should have the courtesy to let them know what's going to happen good or bad in a timely manner. I think at a minimum they should file a grievance to put some pressure on Roger.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my question is HOW is it their right? I mean it can't just be us that has an issue with this.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell if every raider fan in the world gave 10 bucks we could hire the dream team of attorneys lol
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
Hell if every raider fan in the world gave 10 bucks we could hire the dream team of attorneys lol

Ill pass. labor contracts stands up in the highest courts. It would be flushing 10 dollars down the drain. Ask Brady's lawyers.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Collective bargaining agreement or not, that is someone's livelihood and they should have the courtesy to let them know what's going to happen good or bad in a timely manner. I think at a minimum they should file a grievance to put some pressure on Roger.

How do you know Goodell didnt tell Smith something? How do you know Smith hasnt slipped up again? There is no reason for Smith to tell us if he messed up again. The league has no reason to tell us. So we dont know all the facts here. The union isnt making a fuss about this so that tells me there is more to this story that we dont know. Smith could have went in there and admitted that was him on the video and apologize for it. We just dont know.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

How do you know Goodell didnt tell Smith something? How do you know Smith hasnt slipped up again? There is no reason for Smith to tell us if he messed up again. The league has no reason to tell us. So we dont know all the facts here. The union isnt making a fuss about this so that tells me there is more to this story that we dont know. Smith could have went in there and admitted that was him on the video and apologize for it. We just dont know.

This^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans need to really stop like they understand all of this.

Smith has numerous strikes and got a 1 year ban.

Smith while suspended has a suspicious video come out. Claims it's not him (the NFL isn't dumb).

Smith checks into rehab in CO

The NFL owes him ZERO favors. He's screwed up multiple times, while serving suspension has suspect video that appears to show him violating the terms of his suspension. Then basically admits guilt by checking into rehab.

FACT - fans do not know what the content of the meetings were. So honestly.... they need to shut up with their opinions.

The NFL owes him nothing. And if not for his stupid video (where most fans said cut him at the time) he'd be playing right now.

Can't fix stupid. He's not coming back this season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Not saying I understand all of this, but Go check out Smiths trainers, Steve Fotions twitter. He speaks for Aldon and they're basically saying the same stuff as an angry fan. How they're being treated unfairly and unprofessionally. Being told they'd have an answer on Monday, then Monday comes and nothing. Aldon is pissed.
RaiderMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Davis should call Goodell and get an answer form Goodell . Tell Rodger if the situation with Aldon Smith is not resolved to Mark's satisfaction Aldon being reinstated. [A 1 year suspension for the penny ante things Aldon is being punished for] that Mark will at the next owners meeting push for a vote to terminate Rodger Goodell. Goodell has cost the owners alot of money this season because he has not handeled the Kap Protest at all Goodell should have fined Kap under the Player conduct poilicy of the CBA.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderMike wrote:
Mark Davis should call Goodell and get an answer form Goodell . Tell Rodger if the situation with Aldon Smith is not resolved to Mark's satisfaction Aldon being reinstated. [A 1 year suspension for the penny ante things Aldon is being punished for] that Mark will at the next owners meeting push for a vote to terminate Rodger Goodell. Goodell has cost the owners alot of money this season because he has not handeled the Kap Protest at all Goodell should have fined Kap under the Player conduct poilicy of the CBA.

You know mark davis is like one of the least powerful owners in league. Goodell hasnt lost the owners any money. And im not even going touch the Kap thing.
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Smith while suspended has a suspicious video come out. Claims it's not him (the NFL isn't dumb).

The NFL owes him ZERO favors. He's screwed up multiple times, while serving suspension has suspect video that appears to show him violating the terms of his suspension. Then basically admits guilt by checking into rehab.

FACT - fans do not know what the content of the meetings were. So honestly.... they need to shut up with their opinions.

The NFL owes him nothing. And if not for his stupid video (where most fans said cut him at the time) he'd be playing right now.

I've already gone over this with NTL in another thread. The league and Goodell can do whatever they want, even taking their sweet time. We don't know the specifics of what's happening, how the process works... just have to wait and see.

Do I think Smith is getting his chain yanked? Yeah, I do. I think it's pretty unprofessional of Goodell to keep stringing Smith along, has had more than enough time to make a decision one way or the other.

Oh yeah, this is a reply... for someone spouting opinions (BP) I think you need to sthu about other people giving their opinions. Idea
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

So much this^, to take it even further Goodell probably decided to not even address the video while the ban was in place and could just now be looking into it, because if you commit a crime while on probation you going to do more time and that could be the case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: