Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Raiders to LA thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Official Raiders to LA thread Reply with quote

Who is on the bandwagon to see the Raiders move back. Raiders are still the most loved team in Southern California. I use to hate how they never show their games instead airing the Chargers in LA. But the time is now. I like the raiders in Oakland. While the idea sounded good going over in the 90s but Al was promised a new staduim that was never built. Oakland is a small market that doesn't want to fund a staduim with the raiders. Evidence of this is Oakland creating a new lease with the As. They are content with mediocre playing facility. Meanwhile the Bay Area as a whole has funded the 9er state of the art staduim, while the raiders remain the only team playing in the dirt. Maybe Mark should have pushed to share that staduim but that is another debate. The Raiders would have a better chance if a new staduim in Dan Jose as it is a economical power, bigger city, but of course the San Francisco would not allow it and made their staduim closer to the city. Right now there are investors willing to put a team in staduim. Their other a couple ideas of where to construct the staduim. Raiders already have a loyal fan base down there. Atleast LA is driving distance for people to come out from the Bay Area to see their team. San Antonio is just to far for people to actually see the raiders play let alone watch on local broadcasting. Their May be raider fans everywhere but the majority reside in California. The buzz of a team back in LA would be astonishing. Free agents would flock to play in Hollywood. Raiders are a classic NFL team, and should be on the grand stage with a castle to play in.
Play in the coliseum in 2015 while the new state of the art staduim is being constructed.

Who wants to see the silver and black return to la?

Raiders 2 LA:
EricAllen21
OakleyCap
MrOaktown_56
BlackPrestige92
Big_palooka
Raiderx
Silver&black88

Last edited by EricAllen21 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not getting a new stadium in Oakland and I'd much rather see the team in Los Angeles than a place like San Antonio, so count me in on the bandwagon.

Los Angeles seems like a great option. We can either renovate the Coliseum or we could have a new stadium built and play in the Coliseum in the mean time. Renovating the Coliseum seems like a very cost efficient way to get a stadium that feels new and has all of the accommodations you'd expect in an NFL stadium without having to break the bank for Mark or the LA tax payers though.

Here's a photo of the proposed renovations that could be made to the Coliseum.

Either way it is nice that one of the most powerful and influential owners in the league (Jerry) has hinted that he would back Mark if he decides to try and move the team to Los Angeles. And it is also very nice that one of the most powerful and influential sports icons/business men in the LA area has said that he would back the Raiders to Los Angeles too. (Magic)

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're so annoying. THINK before you post this nonsense. THINK!!!!!! You child!

How are you allowed to get away with littering this forum with garbage. THINK!!!!
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
You're so annoying. THINK before you post this nonsense. THINK!!!!!! You child!

How are you allowed to get away with littering this forum with garbage. THINK!!!!
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really necessary to personally attack him though? He's excited about the potential move to Los Angeles and wants to see who else is in favor of making the move.

I for one, support this thread Eric Allen. We can keep all of the updates about a potential move to Los Angeles in this thread.

raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
Is it really necessary to personally attack him though? He's excited about the potential move to Los Angeles and wants to see who else is in favor of making the move.

I for one, support this thread Eric Allen. We can keep all of the updates about a potential move to Los Angeles in this thread.
Lol. He will get to you soon enough. This thread will be dead until actual real news about moving to LA comes out.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally down for a move to LA considering I'm down here going to grad school nearby anyway. I did grow up in the bay though and I would be a bit sad and LA Raiders doesn't quite have the same ring to it. IF we did move to LA, we would be a big FA draw though so that has to be considered an advantage. Who wouldn't want to be the face of the LA Raiders? I bet Ndamukong Suh would want in for one Wink .
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portland would be much better. Get some Nike money involved.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate LA.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
I hate LA.

I love LA.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Portland would be much better. Get some Nike money involved.

Ew. The Raiders belong in California. Besides our lease in Oakland is over after this season and where would we play if we moved to Portland while we're waiting for a new stadium to be constructed? Providence Park with a capacity of 20,000 people? No thanks.

big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders moving back to LA is not a matter of if, it's when.

It's already done IMO. It's make to much sense logically for them not too. LA wants a team, is the 2nd biggest TV market, the Raiders need a home and have So Cal roots.

Personally. I can't wait. My sister left the bay for SD, so they'd be closer when I visit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-FKpWiHijo

I'm all in baby!

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for LA over the Bay tbh. I've been looking for jobs in the Bay and SoCal, but my best friend just got a job in Irvine. So now, SoCal is my preference since it was pretty close before. And if the Raiders move there, it just seals the deal for me.

But from the organization's POV it makes too much sense. Huge market, SoCal roots, willingness/demand from the city. It goes on and on.

#FreeAgent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: