Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 TGT: Return of the Red-Guy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Week 7 TGT: Return of the Red-Guy Reply with quote

Palmer is slated to start this week last I knew. Surely he'll be welcomed back with a chorus of hearty, undeserved boos.

Shaughnessey, Tommy Kelly and Jared Veldheer also return this week.

On another note, DJ Hayden is practicing today:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/144992/dj-hayden-to-start-journey-back-from-injury

So do we put him at nickel when he's healthy? Carrie's been playing well.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think this is where we get out of our losing streak.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked to see Palmer on the team last season, but we ended up with Carr, so I can't complain.

The Cardinals defense scares me. They're right there with the Jets for being the most aggressive, creative blitzing defense in the league. Only difference is that they have a talented secondary and swarm to the football. We're going to need to have our most successful rushing performance of the season to stay in this one.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I would have liked to see Palmer on the team last season, but we ended up with Carr, so I can't complain.

The Cardinals defense scares me. They're right there with the Jets for being the most aggressive, creative blitzing defense in the league. Only difference is that they have a talented secondary and swarm to the football. We're going to need to have our most successful rushing performance of the season to stay in this one.

Shocked Hello?Can't complain we now probably have our franchise QB? Why would we want a guy with diminishing skills on our team with maybe 2 years left in his career versus a young, intelligent, physically gifted guy who is committed towards making this team better? You guys have to stop living in the moment of the past and see the future we have in front of us. CP didn't want to be here and RM did the right thing getting rid of him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Shocked Hello?Can't complain we now probably have our franchise QB? Why would we want a guy with diminishing skills on our team with maybe 2 years left in his career versus a young, intelligent, physically gifted guy who is committed towards making this team better? You guys have to stop living in the moment of the past and see the future we have in front of us. CP didn't want to be here and RM did the right thing getting rid of him.

No he didn't. He got Flynn instead and we had to deal with the Pryor shenanigans. It was fun for a little while but more annoying than anything. The only good thing that came out of getting rid of Palmer is being bad enough to land Carr in the 2nd. And McGloin.

Would you want to play for a bad team where the fans are too ignorant to know you're doing your job?

bungleodeon wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this game already. Going to be a sounding board for the anti-Reggie campaign to pop up if things go south.

Hoping Mack uses that speed rush on Veldheer and gets a sack against Palmer. Their defense is legit. Have to get DMC running hard early if that's the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We generally face-plant this type of games after performing well so I'm not going to expect anything different here.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Darkness wrote:

It's common expression lol I'm saying that at the time I would have liked Palmer at QB instead of Flynn, Pryor, and McGloin last season. But since we ended up with Carr as a result of Palmer not being here (most likely), I'm happy and "can't complain".
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
We generally face-plant this type of games after performing well so I'm not going to expect anything different here.

This. Their defense will rattle Carr and then everyone will panic Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

This. Their defense will rattle Carr and then everyone will panic Laughing Laughing

There will be calls from some sections to bring Pyror back. Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Well, we really should be starting McGloin. Forget already?

bungleodeon wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Actually, Carr went in the second so the Raiders could have gone .500 last season and still drafted Carr mid/late 1st. So when Palmer was out we all would have been so excited that the organization wouldn't miss a beat under Carr right about now. Just imagine the Raiders could be debating about whether Palmer should get his job back from Carr.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
agarcia34

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ is really good against the run but down right horrible against the pass. Carr should he able to have another big game. Gonna need to stretch the field early and often but seems weird how AZ only opened up as a 3 point favorite .
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/under on a cp pick 6?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Over/under on a cp pick 6?

He hasn't thrown an INT yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: