Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Martin: Myth or Legend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where does Curtis Martin's rank in the history of the NFL?
ALL-LEGEND
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
LEGEND
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Plain old Hall of Famer
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Just your all-star rusher
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
team starter rusher
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
should be a back up
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
hes a bum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Martin: Myth or Legend? Reply with quote

what do you think? I think martins a true legend. i wanna know if im the only one who thinks so.
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis martin is 4th on the all time rushing list, and might move as far as number 3 depending on how much longer he plays, hes done it with class too. In my opinion that makes him a legend. He is not the fastest, strongest, or smartest, but he gets the job done and u cant ask for more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also is very humble about being the best.
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes a great guy, one of the best to ever play. I think when his career is over a few years down the road, hell be looked at as one of the best backs of alltime.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Jets_Legendary_28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i was to answer my own question, i agree with everything you guys said. hes also the only RB to have 10 consecutive seasons with 1,000 rushing yards or more, and every year he earns 1,000 about 10-12 games into the season. if he isent injured, which he almost never is, he will make it 11 this year. i think he'll be 2 or 3 on the alltime rushing list. it would have been hot if he were first but Emmit Smith's a beast and he taked on some yards this year too. point being. i think Curtis Martin deserves a secound chain spot on the all-nfl legends bench next to Emmit. he will forever wear a jets helmet.
senasational

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think barry had a 10 1000 yard seasons too. And I think there are guys like Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders (IMO the best RB ever) who had like 2 2000 yard seasons. And didnt C-Mart wear a Pats helmet.
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe there has only been 5 rb's to ever get 2000 yards with jamal lewis, terrel davis, eric dickerson being 3 of them i dont know if barry and bo are on that list. yes martin was with the pats in the beginning of the year. Barry is a better back then c-mart but bo isnt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senasational wrote:
I think barry had a 10 1000 yard seasons too. And I think there are guys like Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders (IMO the best RB ever) who had like 2 2000 yard seasons. And didnt C-Mart wear a Pats helmet.

Read the first few posts, i made a mistake. lol. sorry bout that. and i dont care the Martin wore a Pats helmet. what could i care, if i hate the team hes on i still think hes amazing, he justs stands out becuse im a Jets fan. i love tom brady, i dont care if hes a patriot. i think hes a great player and i respect him. iv read some comments you've made, just shut up and stop talking like you know [inappropriate/removed]. you dont know anything. once again im sorry for making the comment of martin being the first HB to reach 10 consecutive seasons, so dont hold that [inappropriate/removed] agaist me.

wats up 33 wrote:
i believe there has only been 5 rb's to ever get 2000 yards with jamal lewis, terrel davis, eric dickerson being 3 of them i dont know if barry and bo are on that list. yes martin was with the pats in the beginning of the year. Barry is a better back then c-mart but bo isnt.

Sorry, i dint make this clear, i was never saying Martin is better than these backs, i wouldent compare a great to another great. i ment to say, that martin does stand up there with them, not over them. i do agree with alot that you said though
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately martin has earned the right to be called great, he is at least a top 6 or 7 back to ever play. at least and in my opinion only emmit, barry, jim brown, and sweetness were better then him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: