Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

L.A. Angels of Anaheim Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: L.A. Angels of Anaheim Thread Reply with quote

I can't believe how they've gone in the tank against the Mariners but then again they always seem to play to their competition...the offense is just comatose right now...not a good time for this at all.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE the name change, Its so long...How bout just the angels or the LA angeles?

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
2105 yards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angels should go back to Anaheim Angels and the Patriots should go back to Boston Patriots...I always disliked the change to New England...remember when they toyed with the idea of calling them the Bay State Patriots??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
2105 yards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...a diastrous four game sweep at the hands of the pathetic Mariners...man this team is so sketchy...I really think its time to take a few prospects from the #1 rated minor league system and get a starter...I'm taking suggestions on who everyone thinks the Halos should go after.....
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2105 yards wrote:
Angels should go back to Anaheim Angels and the Patriots should go back to Boston Patriots...I always disliked the change to New England...remember when they toyed with the idea of calling them the Bay State Patriots??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boston patriots are cool....I love New England Patriots though. Its all of New Englands team not just boston....

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Rangers swept the Blu Jays which means that we have crawled back into not only the AL Wild Card Race, but the race for the AL West, as we are now 5 games back of the Angels. I can't explain why the Angels just got swept but i would like to see them target a starting pitcher before the trading deadline.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the pitcher that the Angels might be interested in, is A.J. Burnett from the Florida Marlins. He's a free agent at the end of the season, and probably wouldn't cost that much. At least, I hope that he wouldn't cost that much.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Now the pitcher that the Angels might be interested in, is A.J. Burnett from the Florida Marlins. He's a free agent at the end of the season, and probably wouldn't cost that much. At least, I hope that he wouldn't cost that much.

I have also heard that the Rangers are considering obtaining Burnett as well. That would be a great addition to our team, as we need to stay competitive with the Twins who have now added some more pop to their lineup with Boone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I had heard that he was available but I hadn't heard the Halos mentioned being in the mix for him but I'm sure a package starting with Casey Kotchman would be very tempting to the Marlins.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2105 yards wrote:
I had heard that he was available but I hadn't heard the Halos mentioned being in the mix for him but I'm sure a package starting with Casey Kotchman would be very tempting to the Marlins.

I don't think that the Marlins would accept Casey Kotchman in a deal because they already have Carlos Delgado signed up for a while. That would mean that Casey Kotchman would have to be dealt somewhere else. Who knows where though. I just hope that the Angels can survive a while without Kelvim Escobar. But having three injuries this season is not good for a pitcher.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
2105 yards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah maybe they can offer some other top prospects after all the Halos have the top rated minor league system...it's very obvious though at this point that they need to get a pitcher because although I love Ervin Santana long term I just don't think they can count on him in a pennant stretch this year...but then again who thought K-Rod would emerge in 2002 and that a rookie named John Lackey would win Game 7 of the World Series Laughing Laughing Laughing
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or what the Angels could do is wait around and let their minor league players develop. Guys like Casey Kotchman, Ervin Santana, Jared Weaver, and others. I heard that it's no secret that the Angels will let Jarrod Washburn walk at the end of the season, because they probably won't want to resign him. At least, that's what I heard.

as11osu wrote:
2105 yards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard that it's no secret that the Angels will let Jarrod Washburn walk at the end of the season, because they probably won't want to resign him. At least, that's what I heard.

Yah Washburn is such a hot and cold pitcher and has really lost his fastball so when his breaking stuff isn't on he get hammered...but that would leave them with an all right handed staff which may not be so bad but it's always nice to have a lefty...the good news is that the Halos have options, I remember the years when the option was some 58th round draft pick who ended up with a 5.00 ERA when it was all said and done...nice to see real prospects being groomed by the Angels these days.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A future rotation of John Lackey, Bartolo Colon, Kelvim Escobar, Ervin Santana, and Jared Weaver is looking very promising. And with that offense, watch out.

as11osu wrote:
2105 yards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A future rotation of John Lackey, Bartolo Colon, Kelvim Escobar, Ervin Santana, and Jared Weaver is looking very promising. And with that offense, watch out.

I agree...this team is not only built for now but for the future as well...a fact which has escaped many of the so called media "experts"...I'm getting real sick of people like Peter Gammons and Joe Morgan overlooking the Angels but what can you expect Gammons doesn;t realize anything baseball realted happens outside of the eastern time zone and Morgan has been a notorious N.L. homer for years now...but the Halos will just fly under the radar like in 2002 and then we'll see what happens in October.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 1 of 114

Jump to: