Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offenseive Line needs attention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dlions80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Offenseive Line needs attention. Reply with quote

I think the OL needs lots of work. Backus is Ok, but he should be switched to the right side. He gets burned by other teams top speed rushers. McDougle is going to want too much money & some team will give it to him. So goodbye Stockar. I would only keep him at the right price. There is some good tackles in this draft. I would love for the Lions to trade down this year. Maybe get Monoz & Bass. There is a chance that both of these 2 might be available in the 2nd rd. If they go free agent route for a guard, I like 3 guys: Marco Rivera, Joe Andruzzi, or Cosey Coleman. And lastly, to complete the OL you need a GOOD TE. If we trade down, then I say definitely look @ Heath Miller. If it's FA, Green Bay has some tough decisions with Rivera & Franks, & maybe Franks could be had. TE is very key for a good OL. Most of the time they are blocking. It's time that the Lions STOP being so cheap @ such a key position. Look at who we had: Ricks, Alexander, Rasby, c'mon give me a break! Fitzsimmons is an OK reciever but not much of a blocker. What do Lions fans think?
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're right. McDougle sucks. As for getting an OL, maybe Woody can lure his former teammate Joe Andruzzi here. Or we could sign Rivera. That would be huge. I would want to sign Bubba Franks for a TE.
pfrommer17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they will give kelly butler a shot at right tackle. he was projected a second round pick last year but had some off field issues.
Dlions80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I forgot about Butler. He was a steal last year & he should be given a shot, but I don't think he is a LT. If you keep Backus @ LT, then Butler could play on the right side.
MrBest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Free Agency Reply with quote

This year free agency has a lot of solid players at the offensive line position. Look for a new left guard, and right tackle this year.

Stockar McDougle is done as a Lion. Stockar never amounted to his potential.

Offensive Tackle free agency:

Topping the list is Orlando Pace of the St. Louis Rams

Ryan Diem of the Colts is part of that great offensive line that has kept quarterback Peyton Manning safe this season and he should be wanted by some teams providing the Colts donít sign him beforehand.

Bob Whitfield of the Jacksonville Jaguars is also a solid prospect at the tackle position as is Floyd Womack of the Seattle Seahawks. Both players should be highly sought after during free agency.

Topping the list at the guard position:

Green Bay Packerís star Marco Rivera. Rivera is a solid guard and has helped pave the way for Ahman Green and all the yards he has gained with the Packers.

Another top guard in free agency next year is Joe Andruzzi of the New England Patriots. He has done very well in the Patriots offense keeping quarterback Tom Brady protected and helping running back Corey Dillon gain over 1000 yards.

Chris Dishman of the St. Louis Rams is another good guard who should get a long look in free agency.

Tom Nutten of the St. Louis Rams

Cosey Coleman of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jermane Mayberry of the Philadelphia Eagles all still great players who can play their position effectively.

http://www.bestfantasyfootball.com

Your source for NFL Football News
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Offensive line needs attention but I dont want to see abunch of rookies on the OL and get Harrington run out of town for sure.

I would like to see them sign a freeagent Guard a top notch one then maybe let Mcdougle go and make a trade with St Louis Rams a 3rd round pick for Kyle Turley Ot, or even straight up trade Kyle for Stocker new start for both tackles.

First round pick must be TE or Saftey period unless they draft a Left Tackle and let Mcdougle go but thats just sub and add not great improvement.

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: