Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

schedule...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: schedule... Reply with quote

Here is our schedule for the 2005-06 season.... I think that it will be a little lighter than years past, so if we can get a good start we might be able to coast through.

Week 1 - at Buffalo: This is a tough challenge for the first game of the season. Buffalo possesses a tremendous defense and some extreme offensive weapons in the form of Mcgahee, Evans, Moulds, Everett and Parrish. The key to this game is JP Losman, as it is basically his first real game as a starter. If we can get to him early and often and try to shake him, we might be able to pull out the win. Our D will also need to come up big and contain these playmakers.

Week 2 - Pittsburgh: The homefield will need to play a huge role as we face one of the NFL's best teams. I feel our offense is on par with theirs, so the key will be our defence and making sure we get lots of pressure on Roethelisberger and force him to make some mistakes.

Week 3 - bye

Week 4 - at Cincinnati: Another tough test. Cincy will be one of the leagues' most improved teams and boast playmakers on both sides of the ball, another tough game.

If we can walk away after the first 4 weeks with a 2-1 record, we will be laughing.

After that we have 5 very winnable games

Week 5 - Tennessee: Should be able to beat them at home.

Week 6 - at Seattle: They are an up and down team, but I think we can take them.

Week 7 - Indianapolis: If we're ever going to beat them, Reliant is where we will do it.

Week 8 - Cleveland: If we lose to the Browns this year, there will be hell to pay.

Week 9 - at Jacksonville: Should be a good game. Jacksonville is a very improved team.

After those we have a very tough 4 weeks in a row: Indianapolis, Kansas City, St Louis and Baltimore. Hopefully we can pull out a .500 record in those 4 games.

And finally, we finish off with 4 easier games: Tennessee, Arizona, Jacksonville and San Francisco. If we can go into those last 4 weeks with a 6-6 record or even 7-5, we could possibly pull out a wildcard berth in the AFC.

So, the schedule is still tough, but we do get to avoid a number of powerhouses in New England, Denver, San Diego, NYJ, Philly, Minnesota, Oakland, Atlanta and Green Bay.

Only time will tell, but I like how the schedule looks right now.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: schedule... Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:

Week 1 - at Buffalo: This is a tough challenge for the first game of the season. Buffalo possesses a tremendous defense and some extreme offensive weapons in the form of Mcgahee, Evans, Moulds, Everett and Parrish. The key to this game is JP Losman, as it is basically his first real game as a starter. If we can get to him early and often and try to shake him, we might be able to pull out the win. Our D will also need to come up big and contain these playmakers..

I agree. The key to this game is J.P. He does OK and they win...he Bombs then we win.

Quote:
Week 2 - Pittsburgh: The homefield will need to play a huge role as we face one of the NFL's best teams. I feel our offense is on par with theirs, so the key will be our defence and making sure we get lots of pressure on Roethelisberger and force him to make some mistakes.

I dont believe blitzberg will do as well this year-but i do think they still have enough fire power to beat us.

Quote:
Week 3 - bye

I hate early Bye weeks....

Quote:
Week 4 - at Cincinnati: Another tough test. Cincy will be one of the leagues' most improved teams and boast playmakers on both sides of the ball, another tough game.

If we mangage to keep this a close game i will be amazed.

Quote:
If we can walk away after the first 4 weeks with a 2-1 record, we will be laughing.

You and me both

Quote:

Week 5 - Tennessee: Should be able to beat them at home.

Injuries and loss of #1 WR damaged them. Chalk up a win.

Quote:
Week 6 - at Seattle: They are an up and down team, but I think we can take them.
agree they are an up or down. But Carr-Johnson-Davis should be able to put them in their place

Quote:
Week 7 - Indianapolis: If we're ever going to beat them, Reliant is where we will do it.

How do you figure that this is an easy win? Their O is EXPLOSIVE. But their D is subpar at best. The ONLY way we can even convice a win is if our D can hold them back enough points for out O to out score them....err i would not call this a win...let alone a easy win.

Quote:
Week 8 - Cleveland: If we lose to the Browns this year, there will be hell to pay.

Great D-but terriable O. I think this will be a low scoring game with us winning

Quote:
Week 9 - at Jacksonville: Should be a good game. Jacksonville is a very improved team.

I cant wait for this game. It should be a great game. TYhe Jags have a great D. Should be a really intresting game. Sadly i think thier DE will be running wild on Carr.

A
Quote:
fter those we have a very tough 4 weeks in a row: Indianapolis, Kansas City, St Louis and Baltimore. Hopefully we can pull out a .500 record in those 4 games.

LOL indi is now a hard team? KC i think will be an intresting game. Granted they can run and throw. But their D is still a weak spot. We will see how this game goes. The Rams are PASS friendly-our secondary needs to really step it up for us to even have a chance. Baltimore i will just skip all together.

Quote:
And finally, we finish off with 4 easier games: Tennessee, Arizona, Jacksonville and San Francisco. If we can go into those last 4 weeks with a 6-6 record or even 7-5, we could possibly pull out a wildcard berth in the AFC.

Arizona is much improved but i hope we can win. the Jags D scares me. and SF- Dancing

Quote:
Only time will tell, but I like how the schedule looks right now
Eih i see us going 7-9 or 8-8. If we can get a good#2 WR and then the sky is the limit for us.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I never said Indy was an easy game. I said that they were WINNABLE games, and I only put Indy in that category because they are in the middle of those 5 weeks of playing easier opponents and we get to face them at home. If there was ever a chance for us to beat them, it's at home with the fans behind us. I don't think any team in the NFL can stop the Colts at home.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
For the record, I never said Indy was an easy game. I said that they were WINNABLE games, and I only put Indy in that category because they are in the middle of those 5 weeks of playing easier opponents and we get to face them at home. If there was ever a chance for us to beat them, it's at home with the fans behind us. I don't think any team in the NFL can stop the Colts at home.

Ah noted sry your right. Selective reading on my part. My bad.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: