Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Thread Of Your SF Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: The Official Thread Of Your SF Giants Reply with quote

i do not understand why the Giants fans have not started a thread yet so here it is. hopefully i do not end up with pie on my face and the Gigantes fans flock to this thread.
Niners4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will be the first to post (LOL) Im a red sox fan.

How far can Lincecum and Cain take you? not far...but if you guys upgraded at a couple spots, you could be a pretty decent team. Dan Ortmeier starting at 1B is not gonna work. Rich Aurilia is no better anymore. You need 2 more pitchers, since you should probably keep Zito (the money) although he sucks. Even Pedro Feliz is gone. You now have Ray Durham, a good 2B. Aaron Rowand, a good CF, but I dont believe he will fit in well in SF. You have Frandsen at 3B. HE is ok. Dave Roberts (I love him for "The Steal") and Randy Winn have always been solid, but not overly productive players. Noah Lowry is an ok 4th starter, but not great. The 5th starter just isnt gonna be very productive. I think if you guys brought up OF Nich Schierholtz and P Tim Alderson to pitch in the 5th spot of the rotation, You guys would be a lot better of a team.

Rest in Peace B2TB and CrakBurn...
John232

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, im a giant fan, and the giants suck.

but they have a ton of awsome prospects, so they could be real good in 3-4 years.

like, reaaaal good.

xsaMainevent on the sig
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How far can Lincecum and Cain take you? not far...but if you guys upgraded at a couple spots, you could be a pretty decent team. Dan Ortmeier starting at 1B is not gonna work. Rich Aurilia is no better anymore. You need 2 more pitchers, since you should probably keep Zito (the money) although he sucks. Even Pedro Feliz is gone. You now have Ray Durham, a good 2B. Aaron Rowand, a good CF, but I dont believe he will fit in well in SF. You have Frandsen at 3B. HE is ok. Dave Roberts (I love him for "The Steal") and Randy Winn have always been solid, but not overly productive players. Noah Lowry is an ok 4th starter, but not great. The 5th starter just isnt gonna be very productive. I think if you guys brought up OF Nich Schierholtz and P Tim Alderson to pitch in the 5th spot of the rotation, You guys would be a lot better of a team.

to answer some of your questions.........

with any kind of run suport Cain can easily win 15 or more. Lincecum is still a bit of an unknown, alot of raw talent, but i wish they woul've made the deal for rios. that being said he should easuily get at least 12 wins if healthy. I'm not going to pass judgement on Zito until the year is over. i will give him 2 seasons....even though year 1 was garbage, but we know he is capable.... i say he wins 14 games(might be optpmistic), Noah Lowry is more than an ok 4th starter he was 14-8 with an 3.92 ERA last year the 2nd time he has won 13 or more in 5 seasons....maybe last year was a breakout year? The #5 starter i agree with you on......although Kevin Corriea seemed to look good at the end of last year. also Pat Misch is highly touted by the Giants scouts. Why exactly is Prtmeier nt going to work? Aurilia is garbage he is going to be a utility gut if Frandsen wins the job or if they trade for Joe Crede. Rowand should be fine. the Giants are trying to play small ball and fundamental ball he is perfect for that he hustles. Feliz is not much of a loss. the guy knows how to ground into double plays thats for sure. you can have Dave Roberts cause he is caca.

It is a young team but i would not be surprised if they are better than people expect.
Niners4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Quote:

to answer some of your questions.........

with any kind of run suport Cain can easily win 15 or more. Lincecum is still a bit of an unknown, alot of raw talent, but i wish they woul've made the deal for rios. that being said he should easuily get at least 12 wins if healthy. I'm not going to pass judgement on Zito until the year is over. i will give him 2 seasons....even though year 1 was garbage, but we know he is capable.... i say he wins 14 games(might be optpmistic), Noah Lowry is more than an ok 4th starter he was 14-8 with an 3.92 ERA last year the 2nd time he has won 13 or more in 5 seasons....maybe last year was a breakout year? The #5 starter i agree with you on......although Kevin Corriea seemed to look good at the end of last year. also Pat Misch is highly touted by the Giants scouts. Why exactly is Prtmeier nt going to work? Aurilia is garbage he is going to be a utility gut if Frandsen wins the job or if they trade for Joe Crede. Rowand should be fine. the Giants are trying to play small ball and fundamental ball he is perfect for that he hustles. Feliz is not much of a loss. the guy knows how to ground into double plays thats for sure. you can have Dave Roberts cause he is caca.

It is a young team but i would not be surprised if they are better than people expect.

Well, It shouldnt be hard, most people are predicting 30 wins, but I think they could outdo themselves and win around 31.... Laughing

Rest in Peace B2TB and CrakBurn...
oompalumpa34567

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alderson needs another year in the minors. We aren't going to compete this year anyway, no need to rush him. Our starting 5 is playoff caliber easily (even with Corriea), the problem is the rest of the team is horrifically bad.

And yes, Dave Roberts is terrible. Hopefully he won't start.
SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already an official Giants thread. There just werent that many regular posters in it and it kind of died out.

Anyways, who do you guys want us to take in the draft this year? We got the fifth pick. I REALLY want Tim Beckham but he might be gone by the time we pick. Beckham, Noonan, and Villalona would be a nice infield. In a perfect world, Alvarez would be available, but thats highly unlikely. A lot of talk about us taking Alonso or Smoak, two college first baseman that are more "sure things". Not oppossed to either entirely but Villalona is likely to move to first and we might not want to have a log-jam. Anyways, lemme know what you guys think....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanFran49ers wrote:
There is already an official Giants thread. There just werent that many regular posters in it and it kind of died out.

Anyways, who do you guys want us to take in the draft this year? We got the fifth pick. I REALLY want Tim Beckham but he might be gone by the time we pick. Beckham, Noonan, and Villalona would be a nice infield. In a perfect world, Alvarez would be available, but thats highly unlikely. A lot of talk about us taking Alonso or Smoak, two college first baseman that are more "sure things". Not oppossed to either entirely but Villalona is likely to move to first and we might not want to have a log-jam. Anyways, lemme know what you guys think....

i have no clue who any of those guys are, how the hell do u know anyways? i mean college baseball isn't on t.v. or anything and is never talked about... but anyways i think we just do what we do every year and just go best player available cause we can always just trade them, just like our first 2 picks last year were pitchers and we already have abunch... we need a 1st baseman, 3rd baseman, and shortstop bad
oompalumpa34567

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanFran49ers wrote:

The way 1st base has looked for the past couple years, I'd be unbelievably happy if we had a logjam of actual, talented players there. I don't know too much about the draft/college baseball, but I agree that infielders (especially with power) are our biggest need.
SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oompalumpa34567 wrote:
SanFran49ers wrote:

The way 1st base has looked for the past couple years, I'd be unbelievably happy if we had a logjam of actual, talented players there. I don't know too much about the draft/college baseball, but I agree that infielders (especially with power) are our biggest need.

True but if we have the opportunity to take a franchsie shortstop who actually has the hands, feet, and ability to stay at short as he progresses and can hit is hard to find. Im not against going with one of the 1B though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080223&content_id=2386260&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf

just a fun article for any of the giants fans to enjoy. im not big on Dave Roberts starting. i would much rather see Rajai Davis in left.
oompalumpa34567

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they might be trying to play Roberts so they can move him at the deadline... I hope so anyway. I also wouldn't mind trading Winn - I like him, but we could actually get something good for him and we need prospects who can hit badly.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everybody says that there is no power but looking at the lineup there are potentialy 5 20 homer guys.....now this is being optimistic, but if Durham gets hot he can hit 20, Molina can hit 20, Ortmeier could hit 20, Rowand will hit at least 25, and Winn should hit 20 or more. I think that winn is the 3rd best hitter on the team behind Molina and Rowand. Now i think they can definitely get something for him at the deadline when they are out of it.
TCP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I took a tour of A T&T park last week, fantastic stadium.

I see this team finishing 3rd last this year. Don't feel they will suck as much as everyone predicts. They have a solid young core and some good prospects waiting to come up. In 5 years watch out.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 1 of 101

Jump to: