Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Gardner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Trading Gardner? Reply with quote

What does anyone think about the supposed trade talks about Rod Gardner and what do you think we should look to be getting for him?
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its great, and I'd love to get a second round pick...
but really anything is good, what has Gardner ever done for the skins except drop alot of balls...
they need to unload him because they need a big physical receiver like him opposite Coles, but they need one with better hands, like a Mike Williams, Jerry Porter, or Plaxico Burress, if they could get any of these guys that would be great to go along with their other speed guys
like Coles, Jaccobs and Thrash
samuariskins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Gardner trade Reply with quote

Trading Gardner would be a superb ideal. The problem is that we won't get higher than a 3rd pick. If we could get a 2nd, than without haste make the trade.
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I a second round pick for gardner would make me VERY happy, but, it aint gonna happen. I will sing "hail to the redskins" for good luck though. Second round pick we could still get a good DE. Then the pressure willbe off to get another first. THough if we could get another first for smoot I would.
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really I'd take a second for smoot and a 3rd for gardner, think about it both of the guys' backups are just as good as they are.
Harris and Jaccobs are as good as these 2 guys are. Gardner underachieve's every year, I keep thinking this is the year, he's gonna catch 80 balls and get 10td's lord knows he has the talent to do it, but then he drops 1/4 of his passes and ends up with about 45 catches and 5 tds. I mean I don't even care about him making the spectacular catch, we all know he's shown he can do that, but I'm talking about him making the routine catch, or the catch in traffic. Why can't he do that... if he could our offense would run alot smoother.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe for smoot we could get dallas 20thpick cuz parcells wants a veteran cb he doesnt want a rookie but they need help a cb and what do u thik about muhsin muhammad he is a great reciver and people are sayin we might get him
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could get a low second or high third for Gardner. I like the guy, but he drops too many catchable balls. He saves some face by making a big catch every now and then.

Smoot should get us a low 1st round pick. Dallas' second first rounder would be good, but do we want Fred to go to the Cowboys? I think Pittsburgh would be the best place for him to land.
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy do you guys have some serious problems - you are over here talking about how much Gardner sucks, but still think you'll get a 2nd rounder for him? what? and Smoot is going to be a FA - do you know what FA stands for? Free Agent - that means FREE to sign with anyone else - so how could you trade him to anyone? Please wake up from the dreamland you are all living in
e16bball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Chris, but I'm not an [inappropriate/removed] so I guess that's where our paths diverge.

We can't trade Smoot. We will get a 2nd round pick for him if he signs elsewhere. Period.

Gardner will hopefully net us an early 3rd round pick. If we trade him to the Bucs, for example, that would be superb. Anyone who gives us a 2nd rounder for him is nuts, but who knows? A.J. Feeley was traded for an early 2nd rounder and Lamar Gordon for an early 3rd. Of course, both those trades were to the idiot Dolphins, but still. The precedent stands. Maybe the Dolphins are in the market for a wideout, lol.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smoot is going to be a FA

My bad, wasn't thinking there for a second.

Then again, couldn't we franchise Fred (assuming the cap room was cleared) and then trade him?
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be alot of money to tag him considering the average amount of money the top 5 CBs in the league recieve?
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we can't afford to Tag Smoot, it isn't going to happen.

If we could it would be an option, but really we can't afford to franchise any of our players.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tag would cost 8mill and change, plus we have like 3 days to be incompliance with the cap, let him sign somewhere and we would be happy with a second rounder.
taylor36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think we could trade Gardner and our first round pick to Tampa Bay for their first round pick (5th) ?

Tampa Bay would get a No2 receiver and they would still get the player they want (Cadillac Williams) at #9. Tennessee #6 and Minnesota #7 don't need a rb and Arizona #8 will get Travis Henry via FA, so no need for rb in first round. Then, at #9, Tampa Bay takes Cadillac Williams, the player they would have picked at #5.

With this trade, we could pick either Mike Williams (preferably) or Braylon Edwards at #5 ahead of Tennessee and Minnesota who could be tempted to take a receiver.

Give me your opinions
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that trade is possible with the Bucs. They want Gardner. If we include perhaps our 4th with him, they would likely do it, IMO.

I misspoke earlier. We won't get a 2nd rounder for Smoot, it turns out that he is an UFA, as opposed to the RFA that I believed he was. I got that information from an unreliable source it seems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: