Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SUCKS FOR YOU!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is trading edge worth a 2nd rounder
yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

TRUTH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: SUCKS FOR YOU!!!!! Reply with quote

What is your team thinking, trading Edge for less than a 1st rounder??????
I think the edge for surtain is good but if there concerned about cap room this deal doesnt sound as good.
andersong0857

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/228478-7248-196.html

Whats are the colts going to do?????????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wrayce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey anderson that is a crazy picture where did you gu=et that from

My signature gallery
inkwell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if they actually trade him but will let him find out that it isnt their fault if he comes back. If he is traded, look for Philly to trade their two seconds for him, which the Colts can turn into a starting defender and a replacement for Edge (I favor Fason FWI). Getting two defensive starters and replacing Edge with Nique/Fason is enough of a net gain to see the Colts face Edge and the Iggles in the Super Bowl next year.
As to what they are thinking? Maybe they are thinking it would be nice to have their star players actually be part of the team and not be receiving special dispensation year after year. Maybe they are thinking it would be nice to have their own doctors be allowed to examine their players in rehab from major surgery? Maybe they are thinking Edge is a pain in the butt and his value is as high as it is gonna be. Maybe they are thinking Irsay's checkbook is empty and they cant write another superstar sized bonus check? Maybe they are finally thinking it is time to shift resources from O to D?
Who knows what Polian is thinking!?
bigred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, although I don't think he's quite as much of a pain as you seem to. And let's not kid ourselves: Rhodes is no EJ.

Tough call, really. I would also be PO'd if we did another charity giveaway al la Marshall Faulk, but we do need BALANCE...
inkwell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree . . . Nique is no Edge. I think they would be bringing in a string of 2nd and 3rd round RBs for a few years trying to find a replacement. But I do think a rotation of backs could do enough to keep Peyton vertical in the pocket and run enough to keep his play fakes dangerous. But losing Edge would be a huge blow. It would only work out if we replace him to some extent with help for Nique and ALSO bring in a defensive starter IMO.
And I DO think he is a major PITA and a divisive force to some extent by his need for special rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: