Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Blue Jays Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: The Official Blue Jays Thread Reply with quote

just wanna see if there are any other Jays fans on this site. it is my goal in life to find a Jays fan from the US. looking to find some other hardcore Jays fans to talk to about our up-and-coming team.

i'm watching them put a regular beatdown against the BoSox with reed johnson getting his first career grandslam.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can hopefully tell, I hate the Blue Jays. But I must acknowledge that you guys have a few good prospects making their way to the Majors. I am impressed by Aaron Hill and Gustavo Chacin in particular.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
As you can hopefully tell, I hate the Blue Jays. But I must acknowledge that you guys have a few good prospects making their way to the Majors. I am impressed by Aaron Hill and Gustavo Chacin in particular.

and i can guarantee you, i hate the yankees more than you hate the blue jays. no doubt in my mind. more than a redskins fan hates the cowboys.

our prospects are finally starting to come around and it looks like we can be AL East contenders in a couple of years. we've got a farm system packed with guys who should help us soon. zach jackson, a pitcher we drafted last year, is already tearing up double A. don't be surprised to see him in the majors by the end of next year.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Jays fan here...hoping that they can stay in the race but it's such a tough division...I'm so glad to see Doc back pitching strong and Aaron Hill has been a pleasant surprise...nice to see another Jays fan here Very Happy
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2105, where are you from? are you american????

there have been tiny rumblings that we have interest in 2 good players if we are still in the race by the allstar break. if hinske keeps sucking, then we might send a prospect and ted lilly to philly for ryan howard. i'm a huge ryan howard fan so that would kick serious _ss.

another one has us sending 2 pitching prospects to cincy for austin kearns. that would be another deal that would get my hopes up, not only for this year, but for years to come. this same deal came up at the beginning of the season for barry zito but i haven't heard anything about that this year.

if we are out of the race we've talked about getting kelly shoppach, a catcher in the red sox organization for hillenbrand. shoppach is tearing up triple A so i wouldn't be opposed to this if we had no shot this year.

i'm so excited to see another jays fan around here.
2105 yards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an American and a big Jays fan Very Happy ...

I love the Howard rumor...not so sure on Kearns, he's been a major disappointment up until now but maybe he just needs a change of address...I'd love to see them get Zito as well, be like a throwback to the Jimmy Key days although I think Zito throws a little harder than Key did...but it would be nice to have a dominant lefty again...'92 and '93 seem so long ago now...I think they are getting close to having a contending team again Very Happy
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chacin might be turning into that dominating LHP right now. kearns is still 24 years old. plenty of time for him to turn into the player that he should be. and howard is just a beast. 48 HR's last year, plus he's going insane in triple A this year. he strikes out more than he should, but that's ok. his average is still beautiful. did you watch our beatdown over boston last night??? that was fun. good to see ted lilly turning it around.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
and i can guarantee you, i hate the yankees more than you hate the blue jays. no doubt in my mind. more than a redskins fan hates the cowboys.

Why are you so bitter about the Yankees? It's not like you haven't seen a championship in the last 15 years, you have seen 2 (1992, 1993). And, by the way, you can only imagine how much I hate the Boston Red Sox... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you hate the red sox that much? is it because they pulled off the greatest sports comeback off all time last year against the yankees??? because you couldn't close the door on one of the worst playoff teams in sports history? was that it? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

i'm now back to hating the red sox this year too, but watching the ALCS last year is my greatest sports memory. maybe not the greatest (i have seen 2 broncos super bowl wins) but i was a little too young to fully experience the jays back-2-back world titles and watching the lakers, i kinda expected them to win. but that ALCS was the best baseball series of all time.

screw the yankees.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey 2105, what do you think of this...

we trade orlando hudson to the bosox for kelly shoppach who can play catcher for us probably next year (or at least platoon him with zaun for the first year). we then move adams to 2B because he seems to be coming along fairly slowly at SS. hill goes to short with hillenbrand, koskie and hinske rotating 1B, 3B and DH for the rest of the year (unless we trade lilly and a prospect for howard who would then play first Very Happy ).
2105 yards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hey 2105, what do you think of this...

we trade orlando hudson to the bosox for kelly shoppach who can play catcher for us probably next year (or at least platoon him with zaun for the first year). we then move adams to 2B because he seems to be coming along fairly slowly at SS. hill goes to short with hillenbrand, koskie and hinske rotating 1B, 3B and DH for the rest of the year (unless we trade lilly and a prospect for howard who would then play first ).

Quick...get J.P. on the phone and make all this happen Laughing ...

I'm all for that because that would be good value for what we're giving up although I'm rally starting to lose patience with Hinske...what happened to this guy??? Anyway Shoppach would be nice and Howard would be a great pickup...we still need a closer though....any ideas to solve that one?
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just cause batista didn't pitch well today, doesn't mean we gotta get rid of him. i'm just hoping the organization comes to its senses and keeps brandon league as a closer. i think he could be dominant there and batista could hold down that postition until brandon is ready.

and as for hinske... Rolling Eyes . he seems to be driving the ball a little better in the last couple of games, but we need to see more than just 2 good months to believe that he's back to his 2002 form.

gaudin has looked great in triple A since we sent him down again. so hopefully we have some faith in him and trade lilly+ for howard. even justin miller has been pitching well even though he's not starting in triple A Evil or Very Mad .
2105 yards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Lilly is going to be enough to get Howard...BTW Howard is destined to be a DH...big hole in this guys glove...but I'm sure Philly is gonna want much more for him...maybe Lilly, Hudson, Hinske...something like that.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking lilly plus john ford griffin and another single A guy for howard. if the phillies are in it, they'll really need a starting LHP and it would be between lilly and zito. but beane is holding up the zito trade because he wants another good prospect along with howard, which is unlikely to happen.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if we did get howard (praying) and he wanted to play 1B, i think we could let him play there. we did it for delgado who was pretty bad on first. and howard could end up being just as good as him.

what do you think of rios. i love the guy and i'm sure his power stroke is gonna come around. it's not there yet, but as soon as i see him pull a HR to left, i'll be sold. i really hope we don't trade him out of frustration for the power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: