Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings offensive tackle Matt Kalil and his father Frank are opening a Pioelogy Pizza franchise, which is based out of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., in Mankato. The Kalils purchased Minnesota franchise rights for the pizza restaurant and have some big plans – putting a positive spin on the “business” side of being a player in the spotlight of the National Football League.

The franchise serves pizza in a style used by several other fast-food restaurants – cafeteria-style dining where one picks and chooses what they want rather than ordering a pizza for a group. Pieology Pizza has been able to accomplish such a business because they roll out 800-degree ovens and, by the time you settle up with the cashier, you’re pie is ready to roll out. Much like a sub shop, customers can select their own toppings and keep the line moving. Kalil’s offensive line teammates will be sure to test the limits of how much meat and/or cheese can be on one pizza and test the heating capacity of the oven.

The Mankato pizzeria will be one of three that will launch this spring. Locations in Maple Grove and the St. Paul suburb of Highland Park are also coming. Plans are in place to include future franchises in downtown Minneapolis and near the Vikings training facility in Winter Park.

http://min.scout.com/2/1371493.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Bills receiver Andre Reed knows who he wants to present him for induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame: His Hall of Fame coach, Marv Levy. Reed was on Levy’s team for all 12 of Levy’s seasons as the head coach of the Bills.

Reed: “Marv, I love you, man. We were like family, and we know we wouldn’t be where we are without each other.”

Levy: “I am complimented and I am really looking forward to that weekend.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/06/andre-reed-picks-marv-levy-to-present-him-at-the-hall-of-fame/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The offseason shake-up continues in Cleveland.

The Browns on Tuesday announced that CEO Joe Banner and general manager Michael Lombardi are leaving the organization.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325021/article/browns-announce-banner-lombardi-to-step-down

What the? I'm glad I'm not a Browns fan or live in Cleveland. That franchise is embarrassing with some of the moves they've made over the past few years. I don't get this one at all. It's like they and Miami are competing for the most head-scratching organization in the NFL.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikings offensive tackle Matt Kalil and his father Frank are opening a Pioelogy Pizza franchise, which is based out of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., in Mankato. The Kalils purchased Minnesota franchise rights for the pizza restaurant and have some big plans – putting a positive spin on the “business” side of being a player in the spotlight of the National Football League.

I was just watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on how ~70% of NFL players are broke within a few years of retirement, and part of the problem is bad investments in family-run businesses, especially bars and restaurants.

Not saying that this particular business venture is a bad one or anything...

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I was just watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on how ~70% of NFL players are broke within a few years of retirement, and part of the problem is bad investments in family-run businesses, especially bars and restaurants.

Not saying that this particular business venture is a bad one or anything...

I was just about to chime in with this.
Love money...
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

The franchise serves pizza in a style used by several other fast-food restaurants – cafeteria-style dining where one picks and chooses what they want rather than ordering a pizza for a group. Pieology Pizza has been able to accomplish such a business because they roll out 800-degree ovens and, by the time you settle up with the cashier, you’re pie is ready to roll out. Much like a sub shop, customers can select their own toppings and keep the line moving. Kalil’s offensive line teammates will be sure to test the limits of how much meat and/or cheese can be on one pizza and test the heating capacity of the oven.

The Mankato pizzeria will be one of three that will launch this spring. Locations in Maple Grove and the St. Paul suburb of Highland Park are also coming. Plans are in place to include future franchises in downtown Minneapolis and near the Vikings training facility in Winter Park.

Going to be tough to get all the college kids at MSU to switch from Toppers to anything else after a late night out! Great pizza already there.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Going to be tough to get all the college kids at MSU to switch from Toppers to anything else after a late night out! Great pizza already there.

I would think you would be a Mesa Pizza sort of guy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I would think you would be a Mesa Pizza sort of guy.

Mesa Pizza is in Dinkytown! Khalil is planning to put his pizza place in Mankato.

EDIT: but yes Mesa Pizza is the bomb.com but trying to get a pizza at Mesa on homecoming you plan on waiting for two hours. might as well bring a keg with a couple of bros and wait for your slice!

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I know, I just new you went to UMN, so I was just giving you a hard time. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you guys haven't had good college pizza, come to Bloomington, Indiana and taste some delicious, nationally recognized, damn good pizza!

(I go to IU)
http://www.motherbearspizza.com/
Very Happy
And for only $10.99, a favorite of mine on weekend nights for obvious reasons (and it comes with a 2 liter)...I present the Munchie Madness deal

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland strikes again!

Quote:
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns stunned their fans and the NFL on Tuesday by sweeping out the front-office structure that owner Jimmy Haslam set up only a year ago.

Haslam announced that CEO Joe Banner would leave the organization in two months and that general manager Mike Lombardi also is leaving
Ray a Farmer will be taking over as GM.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10435830/cleveland-browns-overhaul-front-office-name-ray-farmer-new-gm
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada has crappy pizza Sad
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cowboys are "leaning" towards cutting Miles Austin
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
The cowboys are "leaning" towards cutting Miles Austin

I don't see why they wouldn't. Terrence Williams has made him obsolete.

I would mind bringing him in on an incentive based deal.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Cleveland strikes again!

Quote:
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns stunned their fans and the NFL on Tuesday by sweeping out the front-office structure that owner Jimmy Haslam set up only a year ago.

Haslam announced that CEO Joe Banner would leave the organization in two months and that general manager Mike Lombardi also is leaving
Ray a Farmer will be taking over as GM.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10435830/cleveland-browns-overhaul-front-office-name-ray-farmer-new-gm

Apparently, my post from earlier got lost in your shuffle. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 58 of 100

Jump to: