Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
in Randy Moss update news....

Randy handled this whole allegation of dating violence very well by going public with a strong personal statement and having his agent follow up with the business end of it.

Ms Washington's Restraining Order against him has been extended an additional two months, which Randy did not contest. all that means is that he can't have any contact with her which he wasn't planning to anyway. he's basically calling her bluff and she doesn't have any cards to show.

he hasn't been charged with any criminal act, and she has not initiated a civil court action for monetary damages, so all he has to do is keep ignoring it.

you go, Randy.

I believe Ms Washington has changed attorneys as well, no?

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been speculation that the Philadelphia Eagles will prevent tight end L.J. Smith from becoming a free agent by franchising him for $4.522 million in 2008 the Philadelphia Daily News reported.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Eagles-expected-to-keep-tight-end-L-J-Smith?urn=nfl,64727

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
patsfan4life999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the Vikings really need him?

Got to wear sig for 10 more months.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=221165 <---Check it out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperVIKE7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! have you seen buterfingers shiancoe! Embarassed we need a legit threat at the te position to have a relativly good passing game! everybody talks about we need wideouts but we only need one more solid WR & a good TE! Pray
AllDay Peterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kisiel wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Steve Kisiel wrote:
Daunte Culpepper will always be my favorite QB of all time.

Steve, if i may, as you have a few years ahead of you still...

perhaps see Daunte as your favorite qb so far. but you have no idea who is out there, even literally not born yet, that may supplant him in your rankings and admiration.

No, it doesn't matter what other QB is out there. Daunte Culpepper will always be my boy. No one else will replace him, as you may seem to think. I love Daunte Culpepper, and I think he's awesome, and Ill follow where-ever he goes. He is numero uno. I'm a die hard fan for the guy (It would'nt be all that bad for me if Daunte went back to Miami, because I still have his jersey.)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I said about Vick. Brick wall
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a Super Bowl. 18-1 and it's a failed season.

Having been through 1998, I know EXACTLY how the fans of the Pats feel right now.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:

Having been through 1998, I know EXACTLY how the fans of the Pats feel right now.

My jaw dropped when Belijerk refused to let them finish the game. He had to steal the spotlight... Evil or Very Mad He is the single most classless arrogant individual in the NFL...

Great game though! Honestly this is the best Superbowl I've ever seen and the biggest upset in Superbowl history.
VikingZfan18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:

I did not follow the Vikings during the 1998 season (as I was 7 years old) so I didn't feel that pain. I am not sure if missing that season was a good thing or not. I didn't experiance the excitement and exhiliration of the season but I also skipped the emotional let down and dissapointment of the loss. It really comes down to the statement "it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all". I don't know which one is better.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
the biggest upset in Superbowl history.

sorry, but the NY Jets were 17 point underdogs to the mighty Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas in Super Bowl III.

THAT was the biggest upset ever.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:

My jaw dropped when Belijerk refused to let them finish the game. He had to steal the spotlight... Evil or Very Mad He is the single most classless arrogant individual in the NFL...

Great game though! Honestly this is the best Superbowl I've ever seen and the biggest upset in Superbowl history.

Huh? Did I miss something? He ran out onto the field when the clock showed 00:00, as did everyone else, then he jogged into the tunnel when they put one second back on the clock. It wasn't just Belichek who was confused...everyone was confused. And the Pats did go out and run the last play.

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:

Huh? Did I miss something? He ran out onto the field when the clock showed 00:00, as did everyone else, then he jogged into the tunnel when they put one second back on the clock. It wasn't just Belichek who was confused...everyone was confused. And the Pats did go out and run the last play.

You must have missed Mike Carrey the ref telling him that they had to go back to the sidelines, telling him that by the NFL rules they had to run one more play and he pushed through anyway and ran into the tunnel and didn't come back out.

His players had to come back out and he refused. No class at all.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

sorry, but the NY Jets were 17 point underdogs to the mighty Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas in Super Bowl III.

Ok, by the numbers fine. I would be willing to bet that more fans thought that the Pats were going to win than thought the Colts were going to win...

Then again I wasn't alive so I can't really say that with alot of confidence.

The reason I think it was a bigger upset is because I don't think anyone pre super bowl considered the Colts the greatest team of all time. The Pats were considered the greatest of all time by many many people before this game.

The only argument that I could see making the Colts/Jets superbowl a bigger upset is if someone argued that the Jets winning that game coming from the weaker league basically forced the merger.

In my mind this was the biggest Superbowl upset ever.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

Ok, by the numbers fine. I would be willing to bet that more fans thought that the Pats were going to win than thought the Colts were going to win...

Then again I wasn't alive so I can't really say that with alot of confidence.

The reason I think it was a bigger upset is because I don't think anyone pre super bowl considered the Colts the greatest team of all time. The Pats were considered the greatest of all time by many many people before this game.

The only argument that I could see making the Colts/Jets superbowl a bigger upset is if someone argued that the Jets winning that game coming from the weaker league basically forced the merger.

In my mind this was the biggest Superbowl upset ever.

I wasn't alive either (it was about 4 years before I was born), but with any knowledge of the history of the game knows that the Jets upset of the Colts was a far bigger upset than this one.

The Giants knew they could hang with the Patriots because of the Week 17 game. The fact that they went out and actually beat them in the Super Bowl actually shouldn't be all that surprising to most fans.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
UtBDan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:

You must have missed Mike Carrey the ref telling him that they had to go back to the sidelines, telling him that by the NFL rules they had to run one more play and he pushed through anyway and ran into the tunnel and didn't come back out.

to boot, the clock was never at :00, it was at :03 when he started running off and they stopped it at :01. It never hit :00 till Eli put his arms in the air for celebration after taking the knee.
Vikings fan.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UtBDan wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:

to boot, the clock was never at :00, it was at :03 when he started running off and they stopped it at :01. It never hit :00 till Eli put his arms in the air for celebration after taking the knee.

Actually, I believe it did hit zero, but it wasn't until after Belichek was already on the field. Even I knew immediately that there was going to have to be another play because of the fact that the clock stops when the possession changes. So I was somewhat impressed by the fact that he actually hugged Coughlin at all, but leaving the field ahead of time when everyone but the reporters should have known that there was going to be one more play, that was pretty lame. People made a huge deal out of it when Moss ran off the field that one Vikings game against the Redskins with a few seconds left, this is done on a much bigger stage with a much more important person then Moss.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: