Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 92, 93, 94  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
since72

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there were 30 other owners as visionary as Al Davis.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since72 wrote:

If they were as visionary as the Al Davis of 20-30 years ago, yes, but not the Al Davis of today. If they were as visionary as the Al Davis of today, the league would be defunct.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
since72

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
since72 wrote:

If they were as visionary as the Al Davis of 20-30 years ago, yes, but not the Al Davis of today. If they were as visionary as the Al Davis of today, the league would be defunct.

Except the Vikings. Wink
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
If they were as visionary as the Al Davis of 20-30 years ago, yes, but not the Al Davis of today.

Al Davis' present vision traded Randy Moss for a 4th and picked up Daunte as a FA.

but yes, in the olden days, Al kept the whole league together single handedly at times.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns seem to be a team gaining confidence and building to make a serious run at a championship. Crennel just signed a two year extension, and they are getting ready to resign both Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis. Do you think they will be a threat in the next few years? I can envision a Vikings/Brown Superbowl within 3 years. Very Happy
VikingZfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
The Browns seem to be a team gaining confidence and building to make a serious run at a championship. Crennel just signed a two year extension, and they are getting ready to resign both Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis. Do you think they will be a threat in the next few years? I can envision a Vikings/Brown Superbowl within 3 years. Very Happy

They really need to retool their D, it is not good at all. They don't really have any impact players that I can think of, plus the last 4 years they have spent all of their 1st rounders on offense. They don't have a first rounder this year so that will make it 5. Unless they get some good defenders they won't be able to make it to the AFC championship game.

great work by 13sieve
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in Randy Moss update news....

Randy handled this whole allegation of dating violence very well by going public with a strong personal statement and having his agent follow up with the business end of it.

Ms Washington's Restraining Order against him has been extended an additional two months, which Randy did not contest. all that means is that he can't have any contact with her which he wasn't planning to anyway. he's basically calling her bluff and she doesn't have any cards to show.

he hasn't been charged with any criminal act, and she has not initiated a civil court action for monetary damages, so all he has to do is keep ignoring it.

you go, Randy.

Webmaster wrote:
VikingZfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really hope that Randy is innocent (which I have a feeling he is). He has never had that bad of an attitude (I don't consider slacking off a very bad attribute). I hope the best for Randy and I truly want him to get a superbowl. I just wish we could have picked someone else with the pick we got for him Crying or Very sad

great work by 13sieve
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's all get a grasp on how our legal system works...

Randy IS innocent. he's never been convicted of any crime here, in fact, he's never even been charged with one. and it looks unlikely that he will, as it would have happened by now.

the only thing that has happened is a friend of his filed for, and was granted, a Restraining Order. that means he can't have any contact with her.

the fact that she never went to the police, or a hospital for treatment of injuries, or even took any pictures of alleged abuse for evidence says a lot here.

Webmaster wrote:
VikingZfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
let's all get a grasp on how our legal system works...

Randy IS innocent. he's never been convicted of any crime here, in fact, he's never even been charged with one. and it looks unlikely that he will, as it would have happened by now.

the only thing that has happened is a friend of his filed for, and was granted, a Restraining Order. that means he can't have any contact with her.

the fact that she never went to the police, or a hospital for treatment of injuries, or even took any pictures of alleged abuse for evidence says a lot here.

I am not talking about Randy being innocent in our legal system, I hope that Randy did not commit the crime. There are times when people have actually commited crimes but they have not been convicted (cough OJ cough). Wink I want Randy to be innocent and be found innocent.

great work by 13sieve
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kisiel wrote:
No, it doesn't matter what other QB is out there. Daunte Culpepper will always be my boy. No one else will replace him, as you may seem to think. I love Daunte Culpepper, and I think he's awesome, and Ill follow where-ever he goes. He is numero uno. I'm a die hard fan for the guy (It would'nt be all that bad for me if Daunte went back to Miami, because I still have his jersey.)

Hold out for Tarvaris Jackson. Perhaps you haven't read enough posts on this forum about him, but the consensus seems to be that he'll be great in no time. Wink
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodysuit Man wrote:
Hold out for Tarvaris Jackson. Perhaps you haven't read enough posts on this forum about him, but the consensus seems to be that he'll be great in no time. Wink

Steve's written half of those! Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingZfan18 wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

They really need to retool their D, it is not good at all. They don't really have any impact players that I can think of, plus the last 4 years they have spent all of their 1st rounders on offense. They don't have a first rounder this year so that will make it 5. Unless they get some good defenders they won't be able to make it to the AFC championship game.

They have a fairly talented secondary, it's their linebackers and line that is a problem. They need to get an effective nose tackle that isn't 40 years old. They need to get some better defensive ends and I think Darrion Scott would fill that role nicely for them since he is from Ohio and went to OSU. They also need some definite help at linebacker which is were I could see them spending their top pick.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrage wrote:

They have a fairly talented secondary, it's their linebackers and line that is a problem. They need to get an effective nose tackle that isn't 40 years old. They need to get some better defensive ends and I think Darrion Scott would fill that role nicely for them since he is from Ohio and went to OSU. They also need some definite help at linebacker which is were I could see them spending their top pick.

I completely agree. That's why I said they might be serious contenders in 2-3 years.
ViKingsOWNpackers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingZfan18 wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

Brodney Pool and Sean Jones are emerging stars. Both are great athletes. WImbley had double digit sacks to seasons ago and could re-emerge as a force. They need a better Nose Tackle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 2 of 94

Jump to: