You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 7108
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 49s49 seconds ago
Katy Perry will perform at the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show (via multiple reports).


Boom, that's who'll be playing for the Vikings first Super Bowl win?

Laughing


Katy Perry is a horrible choice. There are so many other choices that would be better and have wider appeal. Just off the top of my head:

Bon Jovi
Green Day
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
Jay-Z
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests)
Metallica
No Doubt

And just because it would be incredible: Guns-N-Roses.

If they're hell-bent on pop singers, they could at least get someone who doesn't rely so heavily on autotune. Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake or Pink would have been far better choices.
_________________


“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pete Rozelle were alive to take a look at the NFL standings right now, he’d like what he saw.

Rozelle, the commissioner who championed the cause of parity on the theory that the league would be more popular if fans of every team felt like they had a chance, would be glad to see that three-quarters of the league is currently within a game of first place. Since the NFL expanded to 32 teams and realigned to eight divisions in 2002, there had never been a season in which more than 20 teams were within a game of first place through Week Five. This year, there are 24 teams within a game of first place through Week Five.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'm not sure that he'd be as pleased in the quality of play overall. Parity is nice, but if it's parity because of bad football, I'm not sure that's as acceptable.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos tight end Julius Thomas added two more touchdown catches on Sunday, and he’s catching touchdown passes this season at an NFL record pace. Thomas has nine touchdown catches through five games, tying Calvin Johnson in 2011 for the most touchdown catches through his team’s first five games in NFL history. Thomas is now on pace to catch 29 touchdown passes this season. The all-time NFL record is 23, set by Randy Moss in 2007.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/julius-thomas-catching-touchdowns-at-a-record-pace/
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boda


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 2209
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 49s49 seconds ago
Katy Perry will perform at the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show (via multiple reports).


Boom, that's who'll be playing for the Vikings first Super Bowl win?

Laughing


Katy Perry is a horrible choice. There are so many other choices that would be better and have wider appeal. Just off the top of my head:

Bon Jovi
Green Day
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
Jay-Z
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests)
Metallica
No Doubt

And just because it would be incredible: Guns-N-Roses.

If they're hell-bent on pop singers, they could at least get someone who doesn't rely so heavily on autotune. Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake or Pink would have been far better choices.

Bon Jovi - Yuck
Green Day - Hell no
Foo Fighters - Hell no
Chili Peppers - Hell no
Jay-Z - acceptable
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests) GTFO
Metallica - nope
No Doubt - acceptable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robbroy45


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 5690
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
Foo Fighters - Hell no
Chili Peppers - Hell no


Boda...how could you...I thought we were friends...
_________________


Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boda


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 2209
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Boda wrote:
Foo Fighters - Hell no
Chili Peppers - Hell no


Boda...how could you...I thought we were friends...

haha. But I thought so to, don't let music taste come between us my friend Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way GnR would be incredible is if Slash would bash in Axl's head with his guitar.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 7108
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 49s49 seconds ago
Katy Perry will perform at the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show (via multiple reports).


Boom, that's who'll be playing for the Vikings first Super Bowl win?

Laughing


Katy Perry is a horrible choice. There are so many other choices that would be better and have wider appeal. Just off the top of my head:

Bon Jovi
Green Day
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
Jay-Z
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests)
Metallica
No Doubt

And just because it would be incredible: Guns-N-Roses.

If they're hell-bent on pop singers, they could at least get someone who doesn't rely so heavily on autotune. Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake or Pink would have been far better choices.

Bon Jovi - Yuck
Green Day - Hell no
Foo Fighters - Hell no
Chili Peppers - Hell no
Jay-Z - acceptable
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests) GTFO
Metallica - nope
No Doubt - acceptable


Jay Z and No Doubt are your "acceptable" ones. You and I will obviously never agree on this subject.
_________________


“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boda


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 2209
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 49s49 seconds ago
Katy Perry will perform at the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show (via multiple reports).


Boom, that's who'll be playing for the Vikings first Super Bowl win?

Laughing


Katy Perry is a horrible choice. There are so many other choices that would be better and have wider appeal. Just off the top of my head:

Bon Jovi
Green Day
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
Jay-Z
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests)
Metallica
No Doubt

And just because it would be incredible: Guns-N-Roses.

If they're hell-bent on pop singers, they could at least get someone who doesn't rely so heavily on autotune. Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake or Pink would have been far better choices.

Bon Jovi - Yuck
Green Day - Hell no
Foo Fighters - Hell no
Chili Peppers - Hell no
Jay-Z - acceptable
Queen (w/ Paul Rodgers and a couple of guests) GTFO
Metallica - nope
No Doubt - acceptable


Jay Z and No Doubt are your "acceptable" ones. You and I will obviously never agree on this subject.

haha most likely. Guns-N-Roses would be acceptable as well. If we're going with a band I would prefer Maroon 5 or Fall Out Boy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never watch the super bowl or the halftime show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see any of these at the halftime show:

Kanye West
Ed Sheeran
Chris Brown
Maroon 5
Coldplay
Dave Matthews Band
Drake
Kendrick Lamar
Kenny Chesney

I like a wide variety of music and any of these performers would put on a good show with at least some margin of widespread appeal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41343
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets trade for Seahawks WR Percy Harvin

Quote:
BREAKING: The JETS have just agreed with Seattle to a trade sending WR Percy Harvin to NY for conditional pick. FOX SPORTS has learned.


https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/523223476086525952


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 35765
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!
_________________

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, that's a wow.
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group