Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who should be our nickle back?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whos it gonna be?
Alexander
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Foxworth
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Middlebrooks
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Paymah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shoate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: who should be our nickle back? Reply with quote

i think it will be Roc or Foxworth unless middlebrooks has an amazing camp. I fully expect roc and Foxworth to be solid CBs in this league. middlebrooks made strdes but he is too far into his career if he is only slightly above the younger guys wit more potential. williams will be a great return man but i dont know if he is big enough for the new breed of WRs.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Alexander sucks but that's who I believe it will be.

Foxworth, Paymah and Williams should all have shots. Williams covered huge receivers in college and there isn't a reason he shouldn't be able to now.

#3 Receivers typically aren't that big. Williams and Foxworth over time should be great.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you think Alexander sucks (besides the obvious 1 game)?
i agree that foxworth will be good i was actually happy when we picked him. not so much with williams(in fact i was pissed) but at the tim i wasn't looking at the ST aspect. now im pretty happy with it. and as far as paymah goes i think in a couple of years we will have an awesome coverage secondary with Paymah at FS and Browner at SS.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middlebrooks, if he can stay healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs_fan_from_UK wrote:
. . . i think in a couple of years we will have an awesome coverage secondary with Paymah at FS and Browner at SS.

Not that I doubt you, but has anyone in the Denver organization said that these two guys are being converted to safety?
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'vweheard browner is on denverbroncos.com. and it was speculated before the draft on other web sites that paymah might be converted and after looking at his size and our insane depth at CB it makes sense to me that the broncos would do it. but no i haven't heard anything official about paymah
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrent Williams will be your starting nickel at least in the beginning unless he messes up real bad. They dont spend high second round picks on return men. They obviously saw something in the guy and he will be given every opportunity to play next year.In any case it is going to be between him and foxworth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Jester wrote:
. . . i think in a couple of years we will have an awesome coverage secondary with Paymah at FS and Browner at SS.

Not that I doubt you, but has anyone in the Denver organization said that these two guys are being converted to safety?

Yes, Browner for sure, Paymah is questionable.

broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason i think paymah will be switched to safety is because he was drafted ahead of foxworth yet nobody in the organization that ive seen is talking about him. they are all talking about foxworth. if they were so taken by foxworth why didn't they draft him ahead of paymh unless they had plans for him at another posistin. plus before the draft i saw quite a few analysts saying he might be switched to S.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new article reminds us that last year Middlebrooks was nickel back, with Alexander backing him up.

http://denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2849654

With only rookies added to the mix, think that'll change? I could see one of the rookies working their way in through the season, but I think that the only way they see the field week one is on special teams.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with middlebrooks gone that makes roc the nickle back going into camp.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely Roc's spot to lose.

He didn't play that bad last year. I understand how hard it was for him in man to man against Reggie Wayne, that wasn't even fair.

Alexander, Foxworth and Williams will be great cornerbacks. Alteast really good depth.

There is no doubting Foxworth is way better in man-to-man over both of them and Williams is probably just the better corner, as of now.

broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He didn't play that bad last year. I understand how hard it was for him in man to man against Reggie Wayne, that wasn't even fair.

Alexander, Foxworth and Williams will be great cornerbacks. Alteast really good depth.
Quote:
think Alexander sucks but that's who I believe it will be.

Why the change of heart? i mean i agree with you that Foxworth and Alexander could both end up being pretty good starter types (still not sure about williams coverage abilities) but i want to know what made you chang your mind?
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the change of heart? i mean i agree with you that Foxworth and Alexander could both end up being pretty good starter types (still not sure about williams coverage abilities) but i want to know what made you chang your mind?

I think I was still upset and putting the blame on him for the loss.

Why would you be worried about Williams coverage abilities? He stuck to his receivers like glue, he took interceptions back to the house. He's like Aaron Glenn.

broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no doubt about his abilities to make big plays but i think he might be like darien gordon was for the broncos, made big plays but gave up alot of big plays to due to too many risks taken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: