You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Giants in the SuperBowl--?? The Giants !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: The Giants in the SuperBowl--?? The Giants ! Reply with quote

The team our Redskins DOMINATED in the next to last game on the Giants HOME field when the Giants needed to win and weren't assured of a playoff spot. We ate their lunch and took their milk money! So how good are the Redskins--now it all starts over with a new coach. I read this morning they might talk to Spagnuolo. I pointed to him Sunday and told my wife --He's the Redskins next head coach ..! Didn't realize he got his start with the Redskins back when Casserly was here.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Giants in the SuperBowl--?? The Giants ! Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
The team our Redskins DOMINATED in the next to last game on the Giants HOME field when the Giants needed to win and weren't assured of a playoff spot. We ate their lunch and took their milk money! So how good are the Redskins--now it all starts over with a new coach. I read this morning they might talk to Spagnuolo. I pointed to him Sunday and told my wife --He's the Redskins next head coach ..! Didn't realize he got his start with the Redskins back when Casserly was here.

Old Man Wind helped in that win against the Giants. We really did not DOMINATE them. They had something like 16 dropped passes that night. Our defense played well but they had some drops that would have put them into great field position to give them scoring opportunities.

Spagnuolo would be going outside the box for Snyder which is why I could not really see it. Maybe he is realizing that some of the up and coming Coordinators are having success like Tomlin did in Pittsburgh and Garrett in Dallas. Maybe this is the route that Danny wants to investigate. Who knows.

All I know is that we need to hire soon to get the off season moving.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Giants in the SuperBowl--?? The Giants ! Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

We really did catch a lot of breaks in that Giants game. ANd the gints are a better team than the redskins this past season. THe pass rush alone makes tham better so it really is no surrise that they made it to the superbowl.

I doubt Spagnuolo will be the coach when it really comes down to it.

I would just like to apologize for this garbage writing. I didn't realize it at the time.

Last edited by footy_29 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Giants in the SuperBowl--?? The Giants ! Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
THe pass rush

Nothing else has to be said!
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're every bit as good as the Giants, and I think that if we'd scored a TD after the Mix recovery, it could easily have been us that made the improbable run through the playoffs. Didn't happen, but that's not to say it couldn't have.

In any case, the Giants are a testament to the power of strong lines and solid QB play. If the Redskins use this offseason for anything other than making every effort to build those lines to an elite level, I'll be very disappointed. Given our talent at the skill positions on both sides of the ball, if we build elite lines, we'll be in a place where we just need Jason to take his game to the next level.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: