You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Mystery Candidate" Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spagnuolo is the mystery candidate IMHO. Never learned anything from Norv. Whatkinda continuity is this???!!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This mystery candidate must be someone Snyder really wants because after this season, why wouldn't Williams get the job already? Either that or he is hesitant about giving Williams the job. It's been two weeks now and he hasn't made the call. On one end, he interviewed GW 4 times so that makes you think he is the guy. On the other hand, he hasn't hired him yet. Hard to figure out but I tend to think that if he wanted Williams to be the coach, he have been named by now.

I am not sure why Gregg Williams has not been given the nod? Each day that goes by is another day wasted of the HC diving into game film and digressing what our pressing needs are as a team.

Quote:
When has he said he's not interested in the Redskins job? I can see him dismissing the Ravens and Falcons with pleas of "I want to spend this year with my family", but that was before the Redskins job (and Danny's wallet) opened up.

You are right, Bill Cowher has not come out and publicly denied that he would not take the Redskins HC position. We all know that Danny loves to make a splash and bring in high profile guys because that is going to fill the seats at Fed Ex field.

Why would he want to spend the next 5-10 years rebuilding an offense in Baltimore and then another 20 years rebuilding the franchise in Atlanta? DC is much closer to Carolina than say Baltimore or Atlanta. But I think that Cowher would want GM control as well and that may be something that Snyder is not yet willing to let go of considering his friend is still at the helm (Cerrato). Cowher may also be wanting to have a personal plane for his travel from Carolina to DC for the season and what ever other luxury he can pull out of Snyder.

Quote:
Just saw on ESPNews, Jim Fassel interviewed with Snyder for either Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. Does this mean Saunders is done? Also does this mean we dont feel GW can be the HC? I hope its GW and Saunders stays. How terrible would it be that Jason would have to learn another system...

As terrible as it may be for him to learn a new system, how easy would it be to pick up Gregg Williams system. We saw what Saunders system could do with Todd Collins. But what can it do with Jason Campbell? Campbell has had two years to study this offense and it has taken Collins nearly ten to really show it off. That is also considering that he had plenty of game time to prepare where as Campbell has had to practice it, play it, and try to remember everything else while forgetting 6 other playbooks.

Maybe Fassel is coming in to replace Saunders because the stipulation that GW had in place was in order for GW to be coach that Saunders would have to go as OC (Since they really do not get along). Maybe that is why Snyder has not picked GW yet? Because he would have to buy out Saunders remaining part of the contract. I would have thought that Gibbs would have given GW the nod when he retired but maybe he didn't and that is why GW has not been picked and has gone through the longest interview process in history.

This is really uncharacteristic of Danny to hold out on a HC this long. Maybe it will be Cowher. I wish someone could tap his cell phone line to find out where he is calling. Gibbs was a disguise. Maybe it will be Cowher. Maybe GW. But whoever it is Danny needs to make a decision so we can get the offseason moving. Please!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll Woz i'm afraid to say that it is looking true.

JLC wrote this about an hour ago. It doesn't look good. I don't want Fassel, I really don't but I think that the relationship between Williams and Cerrato kills Gregg's chances.

Reportedly he only interviewed for the HC position. I wouldn't object to him as an OC. But Snyder has said he wants to wrap this up and Fassel has had a second interview.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. If this whole process was just to bring us Jim Fassel, I'm going to be very disappointed. A guy who was fired as an offensive coordinator by his best friend?

Can we have Gibbs back please?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: