You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Porter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Jerry Porter? Reply with quote

I saw on Draft Daddy that he is a FA this year, does anyone else think this would be a good move to make.

I do he's 6'2, 220lbs....similar stats to Terrell Owens, he's a great athlete, and he'd be a great compliment to our smaller WR's Moss and Randel El, heck he might even beat Radel El out to be our #2.

I wouldn't be in favor of throwing the bank at him, nor any WR for that matter in this years FA crop, but I'd rather take a guy like him or Gage, Johnson or Hackett then draft a WR in the 3rd or later rounds that probably isnt going to make the team unless B Lloyd is cut.

Any of these guys could be a starter for us next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
paulwall911

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend is a die hard Raider fan and when he stops talking about how much he hates Al Davis and how good JaMarcus Russell looks, he rips Porter. I've seen alot of Raiders games since i'm on the west coast and the guy is bad.

I've seen numberous times where he'll be in the slot with a linebacker playing man coverage and he can't get open. If you can't beat man coverage on corners i have a problem with ya and if you can't beat a linebacker then you shouldn't be in the league!

Mad props to big_palooka
Check his gallery at
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5089361#5089361
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then why is he good for about 50 catches a year over the past 4 or 5 years.

I remember he made huge catches against the Skins 2 years ago in the game when they came to fed ex field and beat us!

On one of them Sean Taylor nearly decapitated him, yet he still caught the ball. I think it either led to their game winning fieldgoal of TD or something.

also I think he needs a change of scenery....that franchise is horrible, whens the last time they had a winning seaon...when they went to the Super Bowl, when Gruden was there 5 years ago.

IMO he needs to get out of the "black hole" that is the Oakland Raiders!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that he's bit of a primadonna.

His best years were when he had Randy Moss on his other side. Of course, defenses were focusing on Moss.

It's also important to take note that he's only played two full seasons, out of eight years.

He shows flashes of being special, at times, but I question his commitment to the game.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28, do you just have a man-crush on everyone that comes out of WVU or what?

RIP Sean Taylor
redskins4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a Jerry Porter fan, so I rather draft a WR that we want.
curfy27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

His best years were when he had Randy Moss on his other side. Of course, defenses were focusing on Moss.

It's also important to take note that he's only played two full seasons, out of eight years.

He shows flashes of being special, at times, but I question his commitment to the game.

Sounds like another receiver we already have... **cough cough** Lloyd **cough cough**

NFLdraftGURU's Sig Masterpiece
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curfy27 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

Sounds like another receiver we already have... **cough cough** Lloyd **cough cough**

Exaaaaaaaactly!!! Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe I do....he does have a nice body....JK

I don't know maybe its one of those things where you think people from your alma matter are good players and you want to see them play for your pro teams.

I think all of us can say that we'd love to see that happen.

I didn't say I wanted us to stack the team with WVU players.... I don't think alot of them pan out in the NFL, but Jerry Porter has and I think he's a good WR, he's been their most consistent WR over the past 8 years for the Raiders...and his price tag shouldn't be that high...not even as high as Hackett of B Johnson's.

I like Schmitt because he reminds me of Sellers, and that's the main reason I like him.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I don't know maybe its one of those things where you think people from your alma matter are good players and you want to see them play for your pro teams.

I know how you feel. I didn't go to VaTech, but I still believe Bryan Randall could be an effective NFL QB.

Embarassed
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my point Exactly!

A VT fan wants us to grab Brian Randall are you kidding me... Randel El would be a better QB than he would!

Everyone does this with players from their colleges. We love the guys who played for our teams...it just so happens that the guys i'm talking about could make an impact for us.

I guess everyone thinks Porter is a no....so i'll drop it.

I do want to keep Caldwell though I think he could be a good #2 next to moss, especially with a full offseason with us.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I know how you feel. I didn't go to VaTech, but I still believe Bryan Randall could be an effective NFL QB.

Embarassed

Good thing I don't have that problem hailing from D-III Powerhouse McDaniel (formerly known as Western Maryland) College Cool

RIP Sean Taylor
midniterc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:

Good thing I don't have that problem hailing from D-III Powerhouse McDaniel (formerly known as Western Maryland) College Cool

I went to what is now Shepherd University. OUr one big football alum is RB Wayne Wilson, who spent most of his career in New Orleans, then ended his career with the replacement team in Washington. Last year, we had a field goal kicker competing with Rackers in Arizona. Maybe if he had made the team, he would have made the field goal that Rackers missed. Also last year, Shepherd had a Safety, Dan Peters, that was a great player. I was hoping Washington would invite him to camp as an undrafted free agent, but his 40 time was really bad.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
SuperSkinFan wrote:

I went to what is now Shepherd University. OUr one big football alum is RB Wayne Wilson, who spent most of his career in New Orleans, then ended his career with the replacement team in Washington. Last year, we had a field goal kicker competing with Rackers in Arizona. Maybe if he had made the team, he would have made the field goal that Rackers missed. Also last year, Shepherd had a Safety, Dan Peters, that was a great player. I was hoping Washington would invite him to camp as an undrafted free agent, but his 40 time was really bad.

Really? Me and another poster on here both played with guys that played/still play at Shepherd. Jesse Correll, Ryan Murphy, Dervon Wallace, Taros Harris, Bubba Brady to name a few.

RIP Sean Taylor
Andtz0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time Porter was good was when he was playing with Rice and Brown. After they left, he wasn't as good anymore.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: