You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Mora Jr. ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinz wrote:
e16bball wrote:
This one makes no sense to me. Hopefully they're just doing their "due diligence." I can't imagine why anyone would hire Jim Mora Jr. over GW for this job. Just can't imagine it...

Thats a stupid thing to say and you're a stupid person for saying it. What do you know about Jim Mora Jr.? Are you smarter or more informed than the Skins' front office? You're probably some Junior College punk. I've read some of your other misguided posts and I can tell by your writing that you aren't very intelligent. Jim Mora Jr. would be a great coach wherever he goes. Where Mora goes, success follows.

I'm going to assume you're joking? Question

If not, I'd be more than happy to chat about the issue with you. We can discuss why I don't think it makes sense that we would hire an outsider who has already had a head coaching gig with which he did relatively little over the guy we have in-house. And then we can discuss how success "followed" Mora to the late 80s/early 90s Chargers, and to the mid 90s Saints, and to the late 90s/early 2000s Niners, and to the Falcons. And then we can discuss the fact that I never quite made it to a "Junior College." And then we can discuss proper posting on this site.

But I'm going to assume you were joking. And consequently I will Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinz wrote:
e16bball wrote:
This one makes no sense to me. Hopefully they're just doing their "due diligence." I can't imagine why anyone would hire Jim Mora Jr. over GW for this job. Just can't imagine it...

Thats a stupid thing to say and you're a stupid person for saying it. What do you know about Jim Mora Jr.? Are you smarter or more informed than the Skins' front office? You're probably some Junior College punk. I've read some of your other misguided posts and I can tell by your writing that you aren't very intelligent. Jim Mora Jr. would be a great coach wherever he goes. Where Mora goes, success follows.

You call Atlanta a success? The guy had the most dynamic weapon the game has ever seen in Mike Vick and managed to surround him with Alge Crumpler, that's it! Mike Vick's inability to adjust to the NFL passing game falls square on Mora and Greg Knapp, they both ruined a great talent. I don't want that guy near Jason Campbell, CP, Moss or Cooley! Oh that same front office your giving props to signed Steve Spurrier and look how that turned out!

Mad props to big_palooka
Check his gallery at
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5089361#5089361
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone also have a bad feeling that our team is now being turned down by coaches?

At one time, guys would fall over themselves to try to coach here (or at least that was my feeling). Now we got guys saying... " eh... no thanks".

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Does anyone also have a bad feeling that our team is now being turned down by coaches?

At one time, guys would fall over themselves to try to coach here (or at least that was my feeling). Now we got guys saying... " eh... no thanks".

For what it's worth, I've got to agree with JLC that if Mora turned this job down, he's certifiable. Now perhaps he's a got a handshake agreement in place with Seattle to take over for Holmgren, either now or in the future, in which case I suppose it makes sense. But if not, he really made a bad choice in turning down Dan, I think. The money, the quality of the team, the commitment of ownership to winning, it's all here. There aren't going to be many better opportunities out there anytime soon, especially for a guy like him.

As for Cowher and Carroll, I have to say, I'm a little surprised that they seem to be, at least publicly, dismissing the job out of hand. But on the other hand, they're both in very good situations right now (Carroll at USC and Cowher with his family), so I can also believe when they say that NO job could get them to budge.

I think it's still a good job. Does it have the prestige it once had? Probably not. A decade and a half of limited success can do that. But when compared to the other openings out there this offseason, it's EASILY the best job, and that's worth something I think...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:

For what it's worth, I've got to agree with JLC that if Mora turned this job down, he's certifiable. Now perhaps he's a got a handshake agreement in place with Seattle to take over for Holmgren, either now or in the future, in which case I suppose it makes sense. But if not, he really made a bad choice in turning down Dan, I think. The money, the quality of the team, the commitment of ownership to winning, it's all here. There aren't going to be many better opportunities out there anytime soon, especially for a guy like him.

Mora pretty much got himself fired from Atlanta by saying that being a head coach at University of Washington would be a dream job. I'm not so sure, but I thought he said that because he is from the state of Washington or has family there. Choosing Seattle over DC shouldn't be so hard to understand. He's where he wants to be. He probably has a gentleman's agreement to take over the Seahawks when Holmgren retires, and that could be this year.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Washington Post Mora Jr. wooed Danny Boy pretty well. A source close to the Falcons said that he gives one heck of an interview. I was thinking that Mora was not only a favor from Gibbs but also a pick from Vinny Ceratto because Ceratto was the GM in San Fran when Mora was there. If they were friends and Holmgren wasn't thinking about retiring with Mora the next guy in line we may have ended up with Mora instead of GW.....would have been a pretty bad idea.

I also wonder if Jr. realized that it'd be easier to win the West than the East. The West has 4 average teams, where any team in the East could win the West pretty easily. The Giants came in SECOND in the East and are now in the Super Bowl. The East also had 3 teams in the playoffs 2 years in a row. So he may have looked at the prospect of coaching in the East this year or the West after Holmgren retires this season or next season. I'd go for the West.

I'm glad Mora removed his name because he seemed like the "sexy" pick and he certainly wooed Danny Boy. I'm to the thinking that GW is almost a lock but if we do go with him it may take a bit longer than it would for another coach just so that Danny can try to talk to as many people as possible.

GW is the consistent coach, and I think that he has learned a bit of self control after working with a guy like Gibbs. Williams also has the benefit of the staff/team AND he can help the healing process continue because he was so close to ST and was around for the tragedy.

As one who's had a death in my immediate family of a young person, I know how crazy the first year can be and I only assume that it will be around next year too....so Williams will be a choice that could help with the team's mental state as well as giving at least one year of Al Saunders ALONE calling the O plays, yup, I think Saunders sticks around for his remaining year on the contract! And I'm pretty stoked that he'll get more control over the play calls! Don't think I'm disrespecting Gibbs because IMO he could have had 2 wins a season for 10 years and still been the best choice for this team.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: