You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It will be Cowher - Kool-aid drinkers need only apply !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: It will be Cowher - Kool-aid drinkers need only apply !! Reply with quote

I don't want to clean house to the point where Jason is having to learn a new system and we have to change to a 3-4.

And even though I usually abhor "conspiracy theories"...

STILL ...

I'm drinking the Steve Czaban Kool-aid lately about Danny hiring Cowher to be the head coach. Shocked

I'm starting to think its going to be Cowher for a few reasons that Czabe said on his radio show this morning on AM980.

1.) Danny's last hire (Gibbs) came out of nowhere during the hiring process. Remember that it was a bunch of low level names that we were bandying about and then BAM - Joe Gibbs is coming back out of the blue!! So this may be Danny's M.O for hiring coaches. He feints with the lower tier guys whilst secretly talking to his true candidate and then out of the mist he comes riding in with the big fish on the line. Shocked

2.) Cowher has not personally come out and said that he isn't returning until 2009. when you see the story about him saying he won't come back this year its never directly from his mouth. Its always "sources say..." or "friends of Cowher say...". In the news media this isn't always the most reliable means of nailing down a story. You really need to have the guy speak the words himself to be sure (and even then it can be misleading).

3.) When asked if Danny has spoken to Cowher ... instead of saying "I understand Bill doesn't want to return to coaching this year so I don't think we'll have a chance to talk to him"... Danny instead comes up with an absurd OVERDENIAL by saying " I think I spoke to him when we played racquetball 3 or 4 years ago". Why come up with that off the wall answer when the most straightforward one is easiest? Confused

4.) Cowher was reportedly spotted in Reston, Va (about 10 minutes away from Redskins Park) this past week. [This last one is unconfirmed of course and should be treated like an urban legend but if he's hired I will of course give it full credence] Rolling Eyes

5.) Danny knows Williams by now (or should). No reason to have multiple 8 hour interviews unless you're working out with Gregg if he can work with Cowher and vice versa.

Feel free to take pot-shots at the conspiracy theory as I know it requires a bit of off-kilter and out-of-the-box thinking but with Danny you sometimes have to get in that mindset to understand some of the things he does.

Ok - so this is my bit of "off-season craziness" but I'm officially stating that if Danny hires Cowher I will not be surprised in the least.

P.S. - Of course - if he hires Williams - I also will not be surprised Smile

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense.

The meeting with Gregg Williams could very well be about personnel changes (though Cowher would probably control that) that may need to be made in order to successfully run the 3-4.

It would be a splash and Dan Snyder loves that!

I'm a fan of the quiet, low-key offseason. The last splash brought in Randle El (good) and Brandon Lloyd (not good).

I do like Cowher's intensity, though. I think he'd get that O-line to where it needs to be, so that Clinton Portis can get 1,500 plus yards. Cowher would probably make a move to get Alan Faneca in DC. Cowher would be back with Randle El, also.

Ugh... I just don't know if I want the team shaken up so much. I'm hoping for the best and preparing myself for the worst. It all leads to excitement, though!
Mythodycle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fellas, I just do not know. After reading this thread, it certainly seems plausible. After reading many others as well, I just don't know what to feel.
Some feel that Saunders and Williams don't get along, therefore if Williams got the position, I don't know how that'd work out. Saunders is under contract, but Williams can push to bring in a new OC. More than anything, I wanted things to stay pretty much the same on the coaching staff for Campbell's sake.
I personally am not a huge Cowher supporter. It seems he has the attitude and passion, but I just don't know if he's as good as a lot of people are making him out to be. We'll wait and see.
It won't matter much anyway. We'll still be fans. We'll still complain when things go wrong or when we disagree with a move the team makes. We'll still support our team regardless of what happens. I just hope whatever happens turns out being the best thing for us.

Sean Taylor forever...
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the NFL.com article about Williams' third interview and it stated that Snyder interviewed Jim Schwartz and "at least one other candidate".

I'm wondering who it is and why that individual's name hasn't been mentioned.

Part of me is thinking it was either Russ Grimm or Bill Cowher... but it could just be speculation.
SoxNats07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I was reading the NFL.com article about Williams' third interview and it stated that Snyder interviewed Jim Schwartz and "at least one other candidate".

Part of me is thinking it was either Russ Grimm or Bill Cowher... but it could just be speculation.

I read that too and I was wondering, if it was some minor candidate, why wouldn't they just reveal the name?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=416381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

DON ZAGRU
curfy27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

Yeah, if they have said something about every other candidate, why not this one?

To answer my own question, if Cowher was known to be interviewing, I am sure other teams would go after him harder.

NFLdraftGURU's Sig Masterpiece
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curfy27 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

Yeah, if they have said something about every other candidate, why not this one?

To answer my own question, if Cowher was known to be interviewing, I am sure other teams would go after him harder.

It makes sense in one way. however if you are to believe this article then it would be lead you to believe that Russ Grimm was not interviewed and in addition that seeing as Cowher isn't a current assistant coach, not him either.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: