You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New skins mock after comments.(one trade)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBALLZ2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: New skins mock after comments.(one trade) Reply with quote

I know everyone is obsessed with Owen Schmitt but we don't draft him.

Our 1st to Atl for their 2nd & 3rd.

Rnd 2: Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

Rnd 2: Phillip Merling DE Clemson

Rnd 3: Roy Schuening OG Oregon State

Rnd 3: Ezra Butler OLB Nevada

Rnd 5: Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

Rnd 6: Darnell Terrell CB Missouri

Rnd 7: Henry Smith DT Texas A&M

Last edited by KBALLZ2 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sorry to be soo negative...but I have a serious problem with your draft. Why would you take 2 OT;s with the picks we picked up from Atlanta. I'd understand one for the future but 2 would be a waste of a pick. If anything we need to take 2 DE's or 2G's you didn't even draft 1 G and there are plenty to get in the 3rd and 5th rounds, that could start for us in 2 years.

Our OT situation is in good shape especially if Jansen comes back healthy and is close to th player he was. We may need a starter depending on that, but no way I draft 2 OT's. we need interior lineman more. Our OT's are Samuels, Jansen, Wade, Heyer...where is there space for 2 rookies.

And I'm a huge fan of Schmidt I went to WVU and saw him play 3 times...obviously you don't value Sellers either...because they are clones, each can play 2 postions...so we'd get a back up for Sellers & Cooley and a great special teams player all in 1 draft pick, how could you not be a fan of that.

I'm not saying take him in the 3rd...but if he happens to still be around in the 5th we can't pass him up!

The rest of your pics seemed fine but those 2 things urked me!

My draft would look more like this:

2nd) T Jackson LSU
2nd) A Collins KU
3rd) Albert VA
3rd) Same or maybe Adibi or Hall from VT or Henersone from Md if they fall, or Leahman from Ill there should be alot of better LB's out there IMO
5th) Schmidt WVU
6th) Same
7th) Same
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
midniterc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

And I'm a huge fan of Schmidt I went to WVU and saw him play 3 times...obviously you don't value Sellers either...because they are clones, each can play 2 postions...so we'd get a back up for Sellers & Cooley and a great special teams player all in 1 draft pick, how could you not be a fan of that.

I am a WVU fan and would like to see Schmitt play for Washington. However, Washington just doesn't pick WVU players. Danny Buggs may have been the last WVU player they picked and he was a bust. Secondly, they will have to evaluate Broughton before picking their third FB. If Broughton is out of the picture, then they might keep Schmitt on the practice squad in case Sellers gets hurt. I just don't think Washington is going to go for him. If DE Dingle declares, he would probably be more likely to be drafted by the Redskins.
KBALLZ2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry to be soo negative...but I have a serious problem with your draft. Why would you take 2 OT;s with the picks we picked up from Atlanta. I'd understand one for the future but 2 would be a waste of a pick. If anything we need to take 2 DE's or 2G's you didn't even draft 1 G and there are plenty to get in the 3rd and 5th rounds, that could start for us in 2 years.

Our OT situation is in good shape especially if Jansen comes back healthy and is close to th player he was. We may need a starter depending on that, but no way I draft 2 OT's. we need interior lineman more. Our OT's are Samuels, Jansen, Wade, Heyer...where is there space for 2 rookies.

I'm not saying take him in the 3rd...but if he happens to still be around in the 5th we can't pass him up!

The rest of your pics seemed fine but those 2 things urked me!

My draft would look more like this:

2nd) T Jackson LSU
2nd) A Collins KU
3rd) Albert VA
3rd) Same or maybe Adibi or Hall from VT or Henersone from Md if they fall, or Leahman from Ill there should be alot of better LB's out there IMO
5th) Schmidt WVU
6th) Same
7th) Same

I see were your coming from. I and will adjust one of the Tackles to a Guard. As for Schmitt I just think we have bigger needs than full back.

And I too would love for to draft Tyson Jackson but everything I've read so far indicates him returning for his senior year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point with Schmidt is that I don't think he is just a FB, I think he is much more valuable than that. I know he has the talent to play TE as well and back up Cooley, and we all know he's devestating on Special Teams...those are the reasons I want him.

Also when Sellers got hurt and missed 2 games this year we couldn't run the ball against teams we should have been racking up yards on....so we need to think about that also. We need to have someone better than Koslowski to back up Sellers.

This is why I want Schmidt in the 5th round if he's still available...but of course I wouldn't take him in the 3rd...we have to many other needs on our O line and Dline to take a FB possible TE there but I don't see what the problem with taking him in the 5th is.

I like Dingle also and I agree with you...and maybe the skins should look at WVU players there are some around the league that are making an impact!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBALLZ2 wrote:
And I too would love for to draft Tyson Jackson but everything I've read so far indicates him returning for his senior year.

Well, tomorrow's the deadline. As of yesterday, he's thinking about it but hasn't committed.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080113/SPORTS/801130338/1006

Quote:
The Tigers do need Tyson Jackson to return for his senior season at defensive end, however. He is considering entering the NFL draft a year early.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
and maybe the skins should look at WVU players there are some around the league that are making an impact!

Umm, other than Marc Bulger, to whom would you be referring to? According to espn.com, there are 10 players who are from West Virginia who are currently in the NFL (Adam Jones is not one of them):

TE Anthony Becht, NY Jets
QB Marc Bulger, St. Louis
WR Chris Henry, Cincinnati
DT Antwan Lake, New Orleans
CB Mike Lorello, Pittsburgh
FB Corey McIntyre, Atlanta
WR Jerry Porter, Oakland
DE Gary Stills, Baltimore
DT John Thorton, Cincinnati
RB Quincy Wilson, Cincinnati

That's not exactly what I would call a great collection of talent.

EDIT: Woof, just did a bit of digging around and I discovered that out of all of the Big East teams, West Virginia only beats South Florida (6) and UConn (4) for players in the NFL. Those two teams entered D-IA football in 2001 and 2000 respectively.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
My point with Schmidt is that I don't think he is just a FB, I think he is much more valuable than that. I know he has the talent to play TE as well and back up Cooley, and we all know he's devestating on Special Teams...those are the reasons I want him.

Also when Sellers got hurt and missed 2 games this year we couldn't run the ball against teams we should have been racking up yards on....so we need to think about that also. We need to have someone better than Koslowski to back up Sellers.

An alternative to Schmitt: Jacob Hester, LSU? Supposedly, right now, he's a 6th round pick.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hester also...i'm just not sure I like his size as a FB. Schmidt is a devestating blocker like Sellers is, and he has good hands and is faster than people give him credit for as evidence by his TD in the bowl game.

He is also one of the strongest players in the draft and is versital because he could play TE behind Cooley also and Hester isn't going to do that.

I also said there were "Some" players making major impacts in the NFL...geese I didn't expect you to waste your time looking up every one!

I'm sure college programs in the country have similar # of talented guys in the NFL right now, I mean not every school is a Ohio State, or Penn State, or Florida School, or USC or an SEC school.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New skins mock after comments.(one trade) Reply with quote

KBALLZ2 wrote:
Rnd 5: Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

I am a huge fan of this.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I also said there were "Some" players making major impacts in the NFL...geese I didn't expect you to waste your time looking up every one!

Apparently you don't know Woz too well Wink

RIP Sean Taylor
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah...I know him, but still I was very vague with my comment I wasn't like WVU has the most players in the NFL or anything, I just said they have some that are making an impact, and its true they do have some that are making an impact!
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Apparently you don't know Woz too well Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing

I will be curious how WVU and Michigan change now that Bill Stewart and Rich Rodriguez are installed. I never thought Rodriguez's players would translate to the pros. However, Michigan's got a long track record of putting players into the NFL (44 are currently active). Will Rodriguez change to fit the talent, or will the talent change to fit Rodriguez? Will Stewart do a better job of putting WVU players into the next level? Okay, yes, that is neither of their jobs, but it does reflect on their job as a college coach.

I wonder: will Michigan go with the 3-3-5? I'm not sure I see that working all that well against Ohio State and Wisconsin.

And, it wasn't wasting my time ... just using it in a creative fashion! Very Happy
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
nah...I know him, but still I was very vague with my comment I wasn't like WVU has the most players in the NFL or anything, I just said they have some that are making an impact, and its true they do have some that are making an impact!

To which I say they have one (Bulger). Porter theoretically could have some impact if he ever got his head out of his behind. Thorton is decent as a defensive tackle but nothing special. The rest are fodder.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Porter theoretically could have some impact if he ever got his head out of his behind.

Laughing

I've tried hard to support him, due to hailing from Washington, D.C., but he seems like he's not dedicated. I don't know if it's the hopelessness of being a Raider or if he's just too wrapped up in himself. I almost want him as a Redskin, as that big-bodied WR.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: