You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pac-man jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Quote:
so if we can get him for a 5th or any other trades of your guys ideas should we get him.

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME;

NO !!!

Seconded. We have a team that takes trouble personalities and turns them around, not harbors them. Adam Jones will never change. Stay away from that punk.

RIP Sean Taylor
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say go for it if its a late round picks then they should do it, if he doesnt shape up then cut him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Quote:
so if we can get him for a 5th or any other trades of your guys ideas should we get him.

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME;

NO !!!

But, Thaiphoon, tell us how you really feel! Very Happy Laughing
Seanisinheaven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly not. But if Schawartz comes I think they should atleast see what the titans want prolly a 6th or even a 7th they wont ask to much for tht punk. But if somebody fixes him he will be one helluva player.
redskinsguru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, no. Their's a reason the Titans are looking to trade Jones, because he's nothing more than an immature thug whose failed at life.

redskinsguru wrote:
Oakland will win the AFC West, book it

Dr.Lee wrote:
So Vick killed a bunch of dogs, thatís what dog-fighters do, they kill dogs.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pac-Man punched a woman IN A STRIP CLUB on Jan 3

Anyone STILL want him?!

RIP Sean Taylor
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything with steaming video gets blocked, at my job.

That's not a RECENT PacMan Jones article, is it? Recent, as in January 03, 2008?

If it is... then he's probably done in the NFL.

If it's not... I'd still consider him, if the price were right.

He's a fantastic football talent. I seriously don't think he'll mess up again, but I may just be too forgiving.
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

That's not a RECENT PacMan Jones article, is it? Recent, as in January 03, 2008?

Yes

Per ProFootballtalk.com via the news report wrote:
The incident allegedly happened on January 3. The lawyer, Wanda Jackson, alleges that Jones entered a managerís office, accusing the club among other things of stealing money from him. She says that, during the meeting, Jones lunged at her several times. She also alleges that, in a hallway after the meeting, he reached around a security guard and punched her.

Though the report isnít clear on this point, it appears that a warrant has been issued for Jonesí arrest, and that heís due in Court on February 8.

He's done, and if someone suggests that he should get the honor of wearing burgandy and gold, they deserved to get smacked.

RIP Sean Taylor
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who knows the allegory of the "Scorpion and the Frog" knows that Pac Man is a risk not worth taking.

For those of you who have not heard of it (or heard it in a different form) I'll entertain you with it;

Quote:
A scorpion was walking along and having a good time until he happened upon a river. The river was very wide, very fast and very deep. The scorpion could see tons of tiny insects on the other side of the river and couldn't wait to get over to the other side so he could feast.

As the scorpion was walking along the bank (trying to find a way over) he happened upon a frog.

"Hello", said the Scorpion," could I bother you to carry me across the river while I ride on your back?"

"No way", said the Frog. " You will only sting me once we've started and then I'll die".

"Think about it", said the Scorpion. "If I sting you then we'll both drown. Why would I sting you if it means I'll die too?"

The frog could see that the Scorpion had a point and agreed to help out the Scorpion.

Sure enough...halfway across the river, the Scorpion's instincts took over and he plunged his stinger into the frog's back.

"Why did you do that?" asked the slowly dying frog. " Now we'll both drown".

"What did you expect?" asked the Scorpion. "I'm a Scorpion!!"

I'm sure you can all see the moral of the story.

Pac Man is NOT a changed man. Nor, I fear, will he EVER be, given his repeated actions and his inability to change his ways and address the fact that he has a problem.

We do not need to play "Frog" to Pac Man's "Scorpion".

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

Yes

Per ProFootballtalk.com via the news report wrote:
The incident allegedly happened on January 3. The lawyer, Wanda Jackson, alleges that Jones entered a managerís office, accusing the club among other things of stealing money from him. She says that, during the meeting, Jones lunged at her several times. She also alleges that, in a hallway after the meeting, he reached around a security guard and punched her.

Though the report isnít clear on this point, it appears that a warrant has been issued for Jonesí arrest, and that heís due in Court on February 8.

He's done, and if someone suggests that he should get the honor of wearing burgandy and gold, they deserved to get smacked.

UGH! Mad

I tried to forgive and believe in a change of this character. I tried.
Mythodycle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, people...

Granted, it's been said and some of it has been proven that he has had a string of bad events in his life. I'm just not convinced that EVERY single thing that the media says happened is exactly as they say it is.
Not only the media, but these "so called" victims. I mean, let's face it. We're in an evil, greedy, and conniving society. People will do or say anything to try and get money without having to actually put in honest work for it. Everyone wants to get paid now. No saving, no hard work, no perseverance, and no dignity. There's no team (even in professional sports a lot of the time), every body's for self.

Let's say Pacman happens to go out one night and do something that A LOT of guys (girls too for that fact) like to do. He goes to see some strippers. Nothing wrong there (at least as far as the legal system is concerned). Anyone who's seen "Player's Club" or been to a strip club a few times knows that the entire club knows when an individual of his status comes in. Not necessarily because he announces it or is causing a scene, but because the owner wants to get as much money out of him as they can. Therefore, the owner is informed of his attendance and tells all the dancers and anyone who works there to "pay special attention" to him. It's possible that he never even got within 10 feet of that woman. His word is not worth anything anymore, so all she has to do is make the accusation and his goose is cooked. Let alone if she got him into her office alone. He could just want to meet to get advice on starting his own strip club or something to earn him some revenue during his suspension. She could claim anything and the world would believe he did it. Once he left, if she beat herself up (e.g. A Thin Line Between Love and Hate) how would he be able to prove that he didn't? It's his word against hers. If she offered the security guard a pay off to go with the story, what could Pacman do to prove his innocence???

Now at the same time, it's possible that he could have done it, who knows? All I'm saying is that it is possible for people to change. That could be the case here, or it could be that he's still up to his antics from his previous accusations. Just give the guy a chance as a human being. I'm not saying, that I'm for Pacman wearing a 'Skins uni, nor am I saying that I'm against it. I'm just trying to put myself in his shoes and weigh all possibilities. If I had the deciding vote, I'd give the guy a chance and let him know up front that he is gone with his first strike. Maybe I'm being gullible, but I like to think of it as fair with skepticism.

Sean Taylor forever...
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myth, one minor issue with that: apparently the plaintiff, Wanda Jackson, is a lawyer in good standing in Georgia (there was only one Wanda Jackson listed, but it is possible that the plaintiff in question has her credentials held by another state bar). According to that link, she has no record of public disciplinary issues. It would not be in her best interest to file a false report as that could cause her to be fined by the state bar.

Also, there is this: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5892652

Quote:
According to reports, Jackson is handling a divorce case that involves Jones. On Jan. 3, the two began arguing in the club and Jackson has alleged that Jones punched her in the left eye.

Other reports I have seen suggested that Jones reached around the guard to hit her. So, the idea that she was alone and then after he left hit herself is a bit tenuous. Occam's Razor says it is more likely that she was hit by someone. Whether that is Jones or not is for the police and courts to determine.

Of course, even if he is found innocent of this, there is this problem:

Quote:
At the time of his suspension, one of the changes Jones told Goodell he intended to make was to stay out of clubs and to avoid situations in which he might be compromised. Goodell has said that he has apprised Jones that he will ultimately be judged by his actions, not his words.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Myth, one minor issue with that: apparently the plaintiff, Wanda Jackson, is a lawyer in good standing in Georgia (there was only one Wanda Jackson listed, but it is possible that the plaintiff in question has her credentials held by another state bar). According to that link, she has no record of public disciplinary issues. It would not be in her best interest to file a false report as that could cause her to be fined by the state bar.

Also, there is this: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5892652
Quote:

Quote:
According to reports, Jackson is handling a divorce case that involves Jones. On Jan. 3, the two began arguing in the club and Jackson has alleged that Jones punched her in the left eye.

and, more importantly

Quote:
Quote:
At the time of his suspension, one of the changes Jones told Goodell he intended to make was to stay out of clubs and to avoid situations in which he might be compromised. Goodell has said that he has apprised Jones that he will ultimately be judged by his actions, not his words.

110% agree Woz !!

Myth - you and I going to a trip club is no big deal.

If I'm an NFL player... making MILLIONS for only about 10 years of my life (if I'm lucky enough to not get injured) and only have about 10 years to "make my hay", I'm staying away from any place that might put me in a position where I need to defend why I was in such a place at that time of night. Hence ... strip clubs ... out !! Staying out drinking until 3, 4, 5am - is out !!

Although none of those are inherently illegal activites, it would behoove an NFL player to avoid such activity. Let alone one who has been suspended by the NFL for his actions and run-ins with the law.

Also, Myth you said this...

Quote:
If I had the deciding vote, I'd give the guy a chance and let him know up front that he is gone with his first strike

The problem you have is threefold;

1.) The PR nightmare
2.) Team chemistry
3.) After he screws up and we kick him to the curb, we're left holding the "salary cap bag" ...

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mythodycle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Quote:

and, more importantly

Quote:

Point taken. Though, I can totally understand him wanting to punch a divorce attorney it doesn't make it right. Well, whatever happens I won't be disappointed either way. As for him staying out of strip clubs, your word is all you have in a lot of instances. He'll learn that one way or the other. I just hope he learns before it's too late.

Sean Taylor forever...
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythodycle wrote:
I just hope he learns before it's too late.

He won't.

RIP Sean Taylor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: