Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings off-season wish list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamilfarmer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Vikings off-season wish list Reply with quote

Vikings hit a home run with getting head coach Mike Zimmer and OC Norv Turner. Now let's see what players can help them compete in the NFC North:

Free Agency

Sign Everson Griffen or Michael Johnson
Sign DB Verner, Shields or Davis
Add Oline depth
Sign under the radar DT

Draft

1st round Teddy Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel or Kahlil Mack
2nd Round/move up Ryan Shazier, Kyle van Coy or Derek Carr
3rd round best available OG and then best available safety/corner
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new guy!

and he farms jamils!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Purple blood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!! Very nice wishlist I think that fits a lot of people's wishlist, although after the combine I love Mack even more

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I agree that Griffen or Johnson is a must.

-I dont see Verner or Shields as very a good Zimmer fit, I would love Davis and he is my #1 it would allow us to skip CB in the draft.

-I think we should only carry 8 OL, I would like to resign Webb and Berger for depth then add either Zane Beadles or a plug n play OG in the 2nd.

-We need to sign a NT that is capable to start week 1, I dont see many plug n play NTs in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a "franchise" QB that fits Norv Turner's offense. I want a player with exceptional physical upside and has the intangibles to be a franchise QB.

Creating a more dynamic offense, consisting of more spread looks, more Wide Receivers and fewer FBs and TEs.

Defensively, I want to see this team get stout up front and dominate in the run game as they used too in previous seasons. I want a defense that dominates the line of scrimmage.

In the secondary, I want top notch cover CBs. Players who can be relied on in man and in press.

Let go of old players, ineffective players or non-fits who occupy significant cap space (Jerome Felton, John Carlson, Letroy Guion and Chad Greenway). In Greenway's case, if he takes a pay cut, he can stay.

In free agency, I want the Vikes to add a big nose tackle (Linval Joseph, Pat Sims or B.J. Raji), a good press/man CB (Tarell Brown or Vontae Davis) and a veteran stop gap LB (Pat Angerer, Brandon Spikes, James Anderson, JoLonn Dunbar).

In the draft, I really hope that the Vikes can trade down a few spots in round one and acquire an additional third round pick. Give me Derek Carr in round one, Kyle Fuller in round two, and a WR, LB and OG with the three selections in round 3.
jamilfarmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I believe if we can land a quality starting CB, DE and DT in free agency it would put us in great shape for the draft. One scenario could be if Watkins is on the borax at 8 with no QB or Mack. It's unlikely but could you imagine Watkins, Patterson, Wright, Jennings, Rudolph, AP and nab Derek Carr, in the 2nd, Mettenberg or Fales in the 3-4 round. Our offense would be scary.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list.

I'd add:
Trade Peterson for a 2nd this year, and first next year, plus whatever you can get for throwing in his lead blocker. I know, blasphemy.

Find a legit OG, legit LBs, and sign at least one IMPACT guy in FA, along with 2-3 quality guys.

Wishing.....land Bridgewater or clowney!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Nice list.

I'd add:
Trade Peterson for a 2nd this year, and first next year, plus whatever you can get for throwing in his lead blocker. I know, blasphemy.Find a legit OG, legit LBs, and sign at least one IMPACT guy in FA, along with 2-3 quality guys.

Wishing.....land Bridgewater or clowney!

I think Peterson is going to be very effective in the Turner offense. Why would you want to trade the most productive weapon the Vikings have on offense? The only way I would trade Peterson is if some team offered the Vikings more than the Vikings gave to Dallas in the Herschel Walker trade.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he is 30 and has been hurt 2 of the last three years, and he's super expensive, and he's 30. I love to watch him play, but he's 30 and hurt.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Because he is 30 and has been hurt 2 of the last three years, and he's super expensive, and he's 30. I love to watch him play, but he's 30 and hurt.

He is closing in on 30...and he has had injuries...but nothing has slowed him down...not even a reconstructed knee.

If Turner is able to use AD the way he has used backs in the past it will save some ware and tear on Peterson. He won't get as many rushes but will get a few more touches in the passing game when he's in open space.

He is not likely to ever approach 2000 yards in rushing again...yet, in the offense that Turner is predicted to run, the Vikings won't need him to and he will still be the most dynamic weapon on the field.

I would trade him for....Russell Wilson and then the entire Seattle starting defense!!!!! And maybe some draft picks! And some good coffee!!!!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

He is closing in on 30...and he has had injuries...but nothing has slowed him down...not even a reconstructed knee.

If Turner is able to use AD the way he has used backs in the past it will save some ware and tear on Peterson. He won't get as many rushes but will get a few more touches in the passing game when he's in open space.

He is not likely to ever approach 2000 yards in rushing again...yet, in the offense that Turner is predicted to run, the Vikings won't need him to and he will still be the most dynamic weapon on the field.

I would trade him for....Russell Wilson and then the entire Seattle starting defense!!!!! And maybe some draft picks! And some good coffee!!!!

I must have dreamed him missing games this year and two years ago(and being ineffective when on the field for parts of this year). For this much money, he needs to be the best RB, and that has to be so important to this team that it matters that he is the best RB. If they could get a first, and use his money to sign an elite FA and another FA....I'd do that. I understand that many do not agree with me on that.
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Peterson will be 29 in March not to mention 30 for Peterson is like 27 for other players, you can't base him off a league avg when he is miles above avg.
I think it is pretty safe to say the knee is stronger then before, and minor clean up surgeries are nothing to be worried about.

For me to accept a Peterson trade it would have to be a two 1st rounders + two 2nd rounders + a starter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all going to disagree on this.....he's was a very good RB last year, not the best RB and not worth the money. He also missed 25% of the season 2 years ago. But I've been saying for a couple of years now that the team was not nearly as good as people thought, and he should be dealt to get early picks and free up money to sign other player(s). Much like Harvin being dealt for Rhodes and Jennings and a 3rd rounder.......

but I'm not going to convince you, so probably we should stop derailing....
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget few things Peterson sells tickets, Peterson is great in the community, great in the locker run and a great leader on/off the field.

Every picture in Zygi's mind has Peterson leading the boys out of the tunnel in 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit

Daniel Jeremiah just said the Browns are one of the teams coveting Carr over Manziel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: