Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, placed on waivers by the Buffalo Bills on Monday, is heading to Seattle in the next day or two to possibly sign a contract with the team, two sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9371836/tarvaris-jackson-sign-seattle-seahawks-next-day-two-according-sources

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenechi Udeze offers no other complaints as he approaches the five-year anniversary of the transplant. He's still in football and, as of this week, back with the team that drafted him, beginning a Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship with the Minnesota Vikings.

He spent three seasons as an assistant strength and coach at the University of Washington under Steve Sarkisian, who was an assistant at the University of Southern California when Udeze starred there from 2001 to '03. Last year, Udeze returned to the NFL as a coaching intern working with the Seattle Seahawks' defensive line under another former USC coach, Pete Carroll. He spent "my most influential year" there, staying with the team through January's Senior Bowl, and decided he'd found his calling.

Udeze: "I feel great. The only thing I've got to worry about is my feet giving me an issue, and that's it. So, I really lucked out throughout the whole thing. Yeah, I lost my career. But I'm still alive and I'm still here. Coaching is a passion of mine and something that I definitely want to do for a very long time."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Kenechi_Udeze_returns_to_Vikings_on_coaching_fellowship_I_love_it061113

Frazier: “I remember visiting him in the hospital and seeing what he was going through. And every time I see him, I’m just amazed. It’s almost like seeing a walking miracle. Because at that time, when I was visiting him at the hospital, it was a concern about whether or not he’d survive much longer.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/211141961.html

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minnesota Court of Appeals on Monday upheld the conviction of the wife of a former Minnesota Viking in a fatal hit-and-run accident, denying her bid to overturn the verdict on multiple grounds. The three-judge panel ruled there was sufficient evidence to convict Amy Senser, the wife of former Minnesota Viking Joe Senser.

Senser is less than a year into a 41-month prison sentence in the death of Anousone Phanthavong. He was struck on a Minneapolis freeway exit ramp as he was refilling the gas tank of a stalled vehicle. Senser maintains she didn't know she had struck a person but thought it was a construction cone instead.

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/18357/#sthash.VWQmVem2.dpuf

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cris Carter, the receiver who was voted into the Hall of Fame this year, said today on ESPN that Cincinnati's Mike Brown has told him that the Bengals decided not to draft Carter because they were worried that he wouldn’t be able to stay out of trouble off the field.

Carter: “Coming out of college from Ohio State, I was a first-team All-American. Mike Brown, I’ve talked to him in the last several years. He took me off their list, too. He said he regretted it because I was a local talent and he wished they hadn’t, but he told me, ‘Cris, I took you off our board based on the information we had.’”

Carter was a great player at Ohio State, but he had a drug problem, and he was also banned by the NCAA for hiring an agent before his senior season. The Eagles took Carter with a fourth-round pick in the 1987 supplemental draft — a bargain considering his talent, but a risk considering his off-field issues — and although he played fairly well in his three seasons in Philadelphia, Eagles coach Buddy Ryan ultimately decided Carter’s drug problem was too much to deal with, and Carter was cut.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/cris-carter-mike-brown-took-me-off-bengals-draft-board-too/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former NFL quarterback Daunte Culpepper is apparently down to one house, after a South Florida home he bought was surrendered in a foreclosure case.

According to the Associated Press, Culpepper bought the 9,867-square foot home in 2006 for about $3.6 million. He owns another home nearby, but more than $3 million is still owed on the home which was turned over to SunTrust Bank in April. The bank dropped a lawsuit against him earlier this month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/17/daunte-culpepper-loses-home-to-foreclosure/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Birk played 10 seasons for the Vikings, six as a Pro Bowl center. He then left his hometown team to sign with the Baltimore Ravens, for which he won a Super Bowl championship last season before retiring.

The Vikings respect the St. Paul native so much that they have asked him to address the team when training camp begins this week in Mankato, Minn. Birk will share his NFL experiences, including the Super Bowl victory over San Francisco, with Vikings players.

Don't be surprised if Birk, 36, a Cretin-Derham Hall and Harvard grad, accepts an offer to advise NFL players regarding potential disciplinary action by the league for on-field offenses, such as fines for late hits. As for other post-playing career options, Birk, as expected after recent auditions, has analyst offers from ESPN and the NFL Network.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23700515/charley-walters-matt-birk-is-back-helping-vikings?source=rss

Webmaster wrote:
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Matt Birk played 10 seasons for the Vikings, six as a Pro Bowl center. He then left his hometown team to sign with the Baltimore Ravens, for which he won a Super Bowl championship last season before retiring.

The Vikings respect the St. Paul native so much that they have asked him to address the team when training camp begins this week in Mankato, Minn. Birk will share his NFL experiences, including the Super Bowl victory over San Francisco, with Vikings players.

Don't be surprised if Birk, 36, a Cretin-Derham Hall and Harvard grad, accepts an offer to advise NFL players regarding potential disciplinary action by the league for on-field offenses, such as fines for late hits. As for other post-playing career options, Birk, as expected after recent auditions, has analyst offers from ESPN and the NFL Network.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23700515/charley-walters-matt-birk-is-back-helping-vikings?source=rss

Has he received no offer from The Weather Channel, to explain how lightning is formed and discharges from a water vapor cloud?
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@JasonLaCanfora: Percy Harvin (hip) among those who open Seahawks camp on the PUP list”

Quote:
“@RapSheet: What is new #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin (hip) battling? I'm told it's a slight tear in the labrum. Second opinion will be important.”

Quote:
“@RapSheet: #Seahawks signed WR Percy Harvin to a six-year $67 million contract after trading for him. Safe to say, his health is incredibly important.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps Harvin has Sidney Rice Syndrome.

tough break for the guy, hope he's ok.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Harvin's hip injury could result in surgery. As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport has reported (and as PFT has confirmed), Harvin has a “slight tear” in the labrum. We’re told that the injury was spotted in an MRI performed on Thursday.

The team wants Harvin to try to practice and play with the injury (along with non-surgical treatment, of course). Harvin intends to exercise his right to a second opinion, and arrangements currently are being made for Harvin to be evaluated by a top expert in the field. Depending on the second opinion, Harvin may ultimately have surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/harvins-hip-injury-could-require-surgery/

hawkman98272 wrote:
From the Mayo Clinic

Quote:
Many people are able to return to sports within four to six months after the surgery.

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
perhaps Harvin has Sidney Rice Syndrome.

tough break for the guy, hope he's ok.

Was just thinking this myself. Two talented receiver, two bad hips.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A little more than a month ago, Ravens coach John Harbaugh praised Bryant McKinnie’s conditioning and said that presumptive left tackle on Baltimore’s offensive line was in his best shape in years.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that coach John Harbaugh said that McKinnie “is too heavy right now” and the team didn’t feel comfortable having him out on the practice field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/bryant-mckinnie-not-practicing-because-hes-too-heavy/

Where have I heard this before? Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
A little more than a month ago, Ravens coach John Harbaugh praised Bryant McKinnie’s conditioning and said that presumptive left tackle on Baltimore’s offensive line was in his best shape in years.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that coach John Harbaugh said that McKinnie “is too heavy right now” and the team didn’t feel comfortable having him out on the practice field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/bryant-mckinnie-not-practicing-because-hes-too-heavy/

Where have I heard this before? Wink

What's he going to do when his playing days are over and he no incentive to trim down.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumo?
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 3h
Someone who knows a lot more about this than I said Harvin would miss about 12 weeks if he has surgery for a torn labrum. Back by midseason.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 67 of 101

Jump to: