Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe: “I’m excited to be an Oakland Raider and be playing in California. Now, my family can actually come to games. Hopefully, I’ll be able to play for the next seven years and end my career in California.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/16/chris-kluwe-says-hes-signing-with-raiders-on-thursday/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss still hasn't decided if he wants to play next season, I'm told.

mike freeman‏@realfreemancbs

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the United States after a life-altering experience last fall, Husain Abdullah allowed himself to take a glimpse back at the world he temporarily gave up. A safety who worked his way from undrafted rookie to starter in Minnesota, Abdullah surprised many in NFL when he hit the pause button on his football career at the age of 27 to fulfill a spiritual and family commitment last year. He is back in the NFL after signing with the Kansas City Chiefs in February.

Abdullah: “I’d watch some NFL games on television last November. I missed the game, but I was not upset or sad. I was at peace with what I did. I wouldn’t change it, it was totally worth it. It was life changing, energizing and spiritual. Now I am back and I feel great about everything moving forward.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/58507/husain-abdullah-the-spiritual-chiefs

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@News1130Sports: BREAKING - #BCLions and Manny Arceneaux agree to terms on a new 2 year deal.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@News1130Sports: BREAKING - #BCLions and Manny Arceneaux agree to terms on a new 2 year deal.”

Not a huge surprise...after not catching on either in Minnesota, Washington or the Jets, back to the CFL he goes.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos continue to deal with the aftermath of a special season that went awry during a divisional-round double-overtime playoff loss to the Ravens, fueled by a 70-yard touchdown pass allowed by the Denver defense in the final minute of regulation. Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio was sorry for what happened. But then he got sick of being sorry.

Del Rio: “I got tired of apologizing to our fans that I would see out in the community. I finally said, ‘Hey, you know, it’s time to move on.’ That’s kind of how I look at it. I was apologizing. I was like, ‘Golly, I’m really sorry that we let you down. I know how you were there with us.’ It was a tough one. Anywhere, wherever you see fans and we have interactions. I really felt like we let them down. Obviously we let ourselves down first. That’s way in the past now. At this point, it’s in our rear-view mirror. You learn what you can about anything that you experience in life and go forward. That’s where we are. We’re going forward.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/del-rio-got-tired-of-apologizing-for-loss-to-ravens/

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Veteran defensive tackle Spencer Johnson tried out for the Patriots on Thursday, Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com reported.

Johnson, 31, spent the last five seasons with Buffalo. He notched 19 tackles and two sacks in 14 games as a reserve in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/report-patriots-have-tryout-for-dt-spencer-johnson/

I was a fan of Spencer when he played for the Vikings as the primary backup behind Phat Pat and Kevin.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer for Hire ^. Wink

I recall he did ok, but nothing noteworthy. He's at the st/age of/ in his career where he will be a backup, and will likely find a job when an injury occurs and he is brought in for depth behind current depth.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herschel Walker is 51 years old, but he’s still in good enough shape to do thousands of pushups and situps a day, as he did when he was an NFL player. And Walker is hoping to do something else to show what kind of shape he’s in: Step into the cage and win a mixed martial arts fight. Walker, who has a 2-0 record as an MMA fighter, winning a fight in January of 2010 and again in January of 2011, said he’d like to fight once more in 2013.

Walker: “I’m still trying to fight. I hope to do one more before the end of the year."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/08/at-age-51-herschel-walker-wants-another-mma-fight/

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@BradBiggs: #Bears bring back WR Devin Aromashodu and sign WR Jerrell Jackson. Waive WRs Dale Moss and Demetrius Fields.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By waiting until June, the Bears were able to add the free agent receiver without the move counting toward Chicago’s or Minnesota’s net free-agent gains and losses for compensatory draft purposes. Aromashodu has spent his career as a secondary player, with a career-best 26 catches for 468 yards coming in 2011 with Minnesota. He caught only 11 passes for 182 yards last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/bears-bring-back-aromashodu/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills head coach Doug Marrone said the timetable for naming a starting quarterback for his team would be predicated on one signal caller separating himself from the pack. On Monday one quarterback was separated from that competition, as the team released veteran Tarvaris Jackson.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/QB-Tarvaris-Jackson-released-by-Bills/7eed3b5a-e000-4d38-86a3-4f944be3cc1b

Webmaster wrote:
milllllano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has there ever been a QB jerked around more than Jackson has been through his career? I mean if he had the skills it obviously wouldn't be happening but you almost feel bad for him.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milllllano wrote:
you almost feel bad for him.

definitely. because he was always a good teammate and an honorable guy.

but at the same time, he's made millions and millions of dollars. he even walks away from the Bills pocketing $500,000.

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milllllano wrote:
has there ever been a QB jerked around more than Jackson has been through his career? I mean if he had the skills it obviously wouldn't be happening but you almost feel bad for him.

There have been lots of QBs jerked around, none moreso than Steve DeBerg, who at his different stops, was benched for Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, and Vinny Testaverde. But, at least he was benched for good QBs (and in most cases, legendary players).

Tarvaris wasn't benched for those quality of QBs. He was benched or had difficulty beating out QBs the like of Gus Frerotte, Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger, Matt Flynn, Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen. Do I feel bad for him? Absolutely not. In fact, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has, because he probably should have been out of the league 2 years ago after the Vikings let him go.

Is he a decent and honorable guy? Sure, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's probably got more money and more press than any other terrible QB in the last 10 years not named Tim Tebow.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 66 of 101

Jump to: