Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought of him as the analyst type
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Never thought of him as the analyst type

Well, most of the guys that are "analysts" now aren't all that good. I'm talking about you, Dan Marino and Marshall Faulk (who are, IMO, by far the worst analysts on TV as they add absolutely nothing interesting or unique).

I actually think if he had an interest in doing so, and really worked at it (since it actually does require work to be good at it), Favre could be brilliant as an analyst. But, the reality is I don't think he's all that interested in doing it full-time. He's willing to do it this year because it's a hop, skip, and jump from home for him. But, I think he's much more interested in coaching kids. I see him actually being a full-time HS head coach at some point.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens center Matt Birk has been using the high profile of Super Bowl week to talk to fellow players and the media about one of the issues most important to him: encouraging NFL players to donate their brains to a Boston University program that researches brain injuries in sports.

Birk: “I compare it to being an organ donor. To me it’s not that big a deal. Terrible pun – it’s a no-brainer. It really is, because once you’re gone, you’re gone, and if some or your organs or body parts can help somebody else or help further the understanding of the effects of football then I’m all for it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/matt-birk-urges-fellow-nfl-players-to-donate-their-brains/related/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Ravens center Matt Birk has been using the high profile of Super Bowl week to talk to fellow players and the media about one of the issues most important to him: encouraging NFL players to donate their brains to a Boston University program that researches brain injuries in sports.

Birk: “I compare it to being an organ donor. To me it’s not that big a deal. Terrible pun – it’s a no-brainer. It really is, because once you’re gone, you’re gone, and if some or your organs or body parts can help somebody else or help further the understanding of the effects of football then I’m all for it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/matt-birk-urges-fellow-nfl-players-to-donate-their-brains/related/

Maybe as they dissect his brain, they can figure out Birk's secret Mai Tai recipe.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
Maybe as they dissect his brain, they can figure out Birk's secret Mai Tai recipe.

orange peanut sauce.

Webmaster wrote:
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:

orange peanut sauce.

Everything in life suddenly makes sense.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL safeties Husain and Hamza Abdullah did not play football in 2012, choosing instead to make a pilgrimage to Mecca as part of their observance of their Islamic faith.

The brothers made their choice knowing that it might impact their ability to return to the NFL, but one of them has lined up a shot at a job for the coming season. Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Husain Abdullah will work out for the Chiefs later this week as the first step toward a comeback to the football field.

Husain Abdullah played 54 games for the Vikings over four years after making the team as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He started the final 24 of those games, including all nine that he played in 2011 before a concussion ended his season. The Vikings offered Abdullah a contract extension last offseason that he turned down in order to make his pilgrimage.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/report-husain-abdullah-to-work-out-for-chiefs/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid has been Chiefs head coach for a month now, and most of his staff has long been in place. That doesn’t necessarily mean the staff is complete.

There’s still a chance that Brad Childress, former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings, could be joining the Chiefs as an offensive assistant. Reid already has a seemingly bloated staff, but adding the voice of Childress, who also has experience as an offensive coordinator, can only help. Doug Pederson, the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator, is in his first year in that job.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/08/4055605/dont-give-up-on-childress-possibly.html#storylink=cpy

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a piece of video that has to be seen a few times to be fully appreciated, former Vikings defensive end and alleged professional boxer, Ray Edwards, improved to 3-0 with a knockout of “Some Guy,” at a bout in West Fargo, North Dakota.

There are many amazing things about the video, beginning with the fact this was the “Co-Main Event,” and that people apparently paid money to go watch it. From the cell phone video, Edwards’ opponent was a George Costanza lookalike with an impressive pelt of back hair, who went down like a sack of potatoes from the impact of the breeze of Edwards' right uppercut which made contact with nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzxBg44OH4o

At one point, we were concerned that nothing was more regrettable than the Ray Edwards-as-Falcon era, but we were sadly, and hilariously mistaken.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/11/ray-edwards-packs-a-punch-without-punching-anyone/

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just making way for his new career in the WWE.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. one cheesy high school gym at a time.

i bet he'll be broke in five years.

Webmaster wrote:
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co-Main Even in West Fargo?

Laughing
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its kind of sad how bad Ray Edwards career has gone down the drain.

but I guess he did this to himself.

I'd like to imagine he's a poster boy of some sort for the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Co-Main Even in West Fargo?

Laughing

You betcha Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago Ray and his promoter/trainer were on KFAN talking about how Ray would beat any fighter in the world. Heavyweight boxing, UFC, any fighter, any sport and he would win. If Mayweather or dos Santos called him up they would be ready to fight that day.

Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 59 of 101

Jump to: