Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Seems like Cris Carter should just keep his mouth shut. Laughing

Ive always found it amusing when retired players get into it with active players. Granted, its Carter's job to be an analyst, I dont see the point in getting into it with active players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323470/article/doug-baldwin-cris-carter-can-google-super-bowl-ring

Quote:
"My man that said that we were appetizers, right, he told me to Google him." Baldwin said on Fox Sports 1. "And I did that. I saw that he was a Hall of Famer, which like I said, I respect what he did on the football field.

"But I also saw two conference championship appearances, none of which he won," Baldwin went on. "And I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances. All that stuff came to me in Google, and I would love for him to come to me ... I would love to show him the Super Bowl ring. If he doesn't want to come and see it personally, tell him he can Google it."


I don't think he said anything wrong. It's not like Baldwin is some great player. For Baldwin to brag about a win that his teams defense won for him seems a little childish to me. Carter never had a defense like the one they have in Seattle. If he did he'd likely have 2 or 3 rings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47472
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, Carter probably didnt say anything wrong. He is doing his job and isnt saying anything negative towards Baldwin.

I just have often found it petty when former players get into these spats with active players. But obviously we should consdier the context given that part of his job is to draw attention to himself.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja Evans is a member of one of the three United States two-women bobsled efforts in this year's Olympics. Her older brother is Minnesota Vikings' defensive tackle Fred Evans.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/2/8/5393278/minnesota-vikings-connection-to-sochi-aja-evans
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13833
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Seems like Cris Carter should just keep his mouth shut. Laughing

Ive always found it amusing when retired players get into it with active players. Granted, its Carter's job to be an analyst, I dont see the point in getting into it with active players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323470/article/doug-baldwin-cris-carter-can-google-super-bowl-ring

Quote:
"My man that said that we were appetizers, right, he told me to Google him." Baldwin said on Fox Sports 1. "And I did that. I saw that he was a Hall of Famer, which like I said, I respect what he did on the football field.

"But I also saw two conference championship appearances, none of which he won," Baldwin went on. "And I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances. All that stuff came to me in Google, and I would love for him to come to me ... I would love to show him the Super Bowl ring. If he doesn't want to come and see it personally, tell him he can Google it."


I don't think he said anything wrong. It's not like Baldwin is some great player. For Baldwin to brag about a win that his teams defense won for him seems a little childish to me. Carter never had a defense like the one they have in Seattle. If he did he'd likely have 2 or 3 rings.


it wasn't just Seattle's defense that won that Superbowl.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6371
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
it wasn't just Seattle's defense that won that Superbowl.


What was it then?

Lynch? 15 carries, 39 yards
Wilson? A whopping 206 passing yards

You could easily make a case that Percy, who touched the ball a total of four times, was their best non-defensive player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47472
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
it wasn't just Seattle's defense that won that Superbowl.


What was it then?

Lynch? 15 carries, 39 yards
Wilson? A whopping 206 passing yards

You could easily make a case that Percy, who touched the ball a total of four times, was their best non-defensive player.


Wilson made a lot of plays to get Seattle to the super bowl, that certainly should be factored into their success.

Seattle had a historically great defense, the type that is nearly impossible to build. They deserve a ton of credit no doubt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13833
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
it wasn't just Seattle's defense that won that Superbowl.


What was it then?

Lynch? 15 carries, 39 yards
Wilson? A whopping 206 passing yards

You could easily make a case that Percy, who touched the ball a total of four times, was their best non-defensive player.


It was a very balanced game from Seattle. That balance won them a championship this year.

BTW, between Lynch and Wilson, 3TDs were scored.

If your gonna bring up stats, you best bring up the stats that matter.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
BTW, between Lynch and Wilson, 3TDs were scored.

If your gonna bring up stats, you best bring up the stats that matter.

were any of those scores (and others) set up by stellar defensive play that got the ball back for them?

i can't remember.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13833
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
BTW, between Lynch and Wilson, 3TDs were scored.

If your gonna bring up stats, you best bring up the stats that matter.

were any of those scores (and others) set up by stellar defensive play that got the ball back for them?

i can't remember.


I don't know either, but I find it ignorant to say that Seattle's defense was THE reason why Seattle won the Superbowl, because it simply isn't true.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 23956
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd watch the use of the word ignorant, SK.

no one uses it with you when they have a different opinion. it's pretty inflammatory and insulting.


given that Denver had a record setting offense and was shut down horrifically (not even scoring a point until the last play of the third quarter), an argument can CERTAINLY be made that Seattle's D won the game for them. it's hardly ignorant for someone to express that.


and by the way, why are we even discussing the Super Bowl in this thread?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Worm Guts


Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 841
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Seems like Cris Carter should just keep his mouth shut. Laughing

Ive always found it amusing when retired players get into it with active players. Granted, its Carter's job to be an analyst, I dont see the point in getting into it with active players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323470/article/doug-baldwin-cris-carter-can-google-super-bowl-ring

Quote:
"My man that said that we were appetizers, right, he told me to Google him." Baldwin said on Fox Sports 1. "And I did that. I saw that he was a Hall of Famer, which like I said, I respect what he did on the football field.

"But I also saw two conference championship appearances, none of which he won," Baldwin went on. "And I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances. All that stuff came to me in Google, and I would love for him to come to me ... I would love to show him the Super Bowl ring. If he doesn't want to come and see it personally, tell him he can Google it."


I don't think he said anything wrong. It's not like Baldwin is some great player. For Baldwin to brag about a win that his teams defense won for him seems a little childish to me. Carter never had a defense like the one they have in Seattle. If he did he'd likely have 2 or 3 rings.


it wasn't just Seattle's defense that won that Superbowl.


Carter contributed more to his teams winning than Baldwin ever has. Baldwin was mostly in the right place at the right time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72771
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today is Randy Moss' birthday. he is 37.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72771
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions told wide receiver Nate Burleson that he’s being released on Thursday, a move that had a lot to do with clearing Burleson’s $5.5 million salary off the cap ahead of the start of the new league year. Twentyman reports that the Lions are expected to move on from Burleson for good, which would end his run in Detroit after four years and 194 catches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/13/lions-not-expected-to-bring-burleson-back-at-a-reduced-rate/
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 630
Location: Sioux Falls
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Lions told wide receiver Nate Burleson that he’s being released on Thursday


one of my favorite Vikings. i remember being so excited when we drafted him in the 3rd round back in '03. i know he would not make much sense signing him but i would love to see him in purple again. he isn't a bad receiver in my eyes by any means, but the high salary was no help for the lions.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 98 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group