Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time will tell if the departure of Harvin and Winfield for Seattle, for whatever their reasons, will turn out to be better for Minnesota or Seattle.

But, at this early stage, considering this ^ recent news, it seems more likely to be more beneficial to the Vikings than Seattle, knowing who the Vikings drafted to replace them as compared to who Seattle could have drafted at #25 (e.g. Xavier, Patterson).
vikings209

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that Winfield may not make the roster in Seattle. Would anyone want to take a "chance " on resigning him. Or is everyone content with rolling with J-Rob in the nickel.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/antoine-winfield-may-not-make-the-seahawks-final-roster/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team made a decision to move on from Winfield and I think they should keep doing what they are doing...I am a huge Winfield fan but we drafted Rhodes and need to see what we have in Josh Robinson..Winfield chose to sign with the SEahawks so he will have to live with that if he gets cut
vikings209

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
The team made a decision to move on from Winfield and I think they should keep doing what they are doing...I am a huge Winfield fan but we drafted Rhodes and need to see what we have in Josh Robinson..Winfield chose to sign with the SEahawks so he will have to live with that if he gets cut

This sounds like a response that is more emotional than anything. My thinking is J-Rob has never played inside so he is going to make a lot if mistakes so it would make sense to bring back the best nickel corner in the league and let Robinson learn under him for one more year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikings209 wrote:
chuck44 wrote:

This sounds like a response that is more emotional than anything. My thinking is J-Rob has never played inside so he is going to make a lot if mistakes so it would make sense to bring back the best nickel corner in the league and let Robinson learn under him for one more year.

This, and the fact that an over-the-hill Winfield still offers more as a CB than a guy like Sherels or Jefferson likely ever will. I'd welcome him back with open arms.
Boda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would welcome Winfield back with open arms as well depending on what he'd want for a contract.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man if this were true I would be Thrilled for him to come back to Minnesota!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly take him back as well, but probably no more then $1 to $1.5 million.

Id let Robinson and Winfield compete for the nickel and dime spots, it would only add more depth to the team so I cant see it as a bad thing. The Cbs after Robinson are poor, and if an injury does happen to Rhodes or Cook, MN would have Winfield to fill in at nickel with Robinson going back outside.

You really need 4 CBs who can all see the field and not be a liability. I dont think AJ Jefferson, Brandon Burton or Marcus Sherels are good enough to be the 4th CB.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikings209 wrote:
I've read that Winfield may not make the roster in Seattle. Would anyone want to take a "chance " on resigning him. Or is everyone content with rolling with J-Rob in the nickel.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/antoine-winfield-may-not-make-the-seahawks-final-roster/

just so everyone knows, this comes from the same quote from Peliserro a week ago. no one else has substantiated it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle for the Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback job will likely extend through the entire preseason, but Tarvaris Jackson made a case for winning the job against the San Diego Chargers Thursday night.

Jackson entered the game in the third quarter and led the Seahawks on three consecutive touchdown scoring drives, each of 50 yards or more. He looked completely comfortable back in the offense he piloted as the Seahawks starter in 2011. Jackson finished the game 8 of 9 for 128 yards and two touchdowns, including a perfect 42-yard strike to receiver Stephen Williams for a score, and finished with a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/09/tarvaris-jackson-makes-his-case-to-backup-russell-wilson/

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@Vikings: Joey Browner was just informed that he will be the 21st member of the #Vikings Ring of Honor http://twitter.com/Vikings/status/365969316270702593/photo/1

Quote:
“@wobby: Congrats to Joey Browner, well deserved. He'll be inducted at halftime of the Oct. 27 Sunday Night Football game vs. Green Bay. #Vikings”

Quote:
“@wobby: Browner was a 6-time Pro Bowler and 3-time All-Pro with 1,098 career tackles, which is 5th all-time in #Vikings history.”
Sector7G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@Vikings: Joey Browner was just informed that he will be the 21st member of the #Vikings Ring of Honor http://twitter.com/Vikings/status/365969316270702593/photo/1

Quote:
“@wobby: Congrats to Joey Browner, well deserved. He'll be inducted at halftime of the Oct. 27 Sunday Night Football game vs. Green Bay. #Vikings”

Quote:
“@wobby: Browner was a 6-time Pro Bowler and 3-time All-Pro with 1,098 career tackles, which is 5th all-time in #Vikings history.”

Long time overdue.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest evidence that Randy Moss may be about to hang up his cleats comes from Pro Football Talk, which reports that Moss “has a tentative deal with FOX” to be a part of NFL programming on the new FOX Sports 1. Moss would join Fox Football Daily, according to PFT, a show that also will feature the recently retired Brian Urlacher.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/09/randy-moss-joining-fox/?eref=sircrc

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@IanKenyonNFL: In the 2005 draft, the Vikings needed a pass rusher and a WR. They took T. Williamson & Erasmus James. Passed on Demarcus Ware & Roddy White”
viks4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Williamson was great... at dropping the ball. Never seen a WR with such bad hands.

We also passed on Rodgers, not once, but twice...

Pretty horrible draft.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 72 of 101

Jump to: