You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.


Seattle won the Superbowl (and got there in the first place) because they've built a very balanced team overall. It wasn't just the QB, or great Special Teams, or all the defense. Everything came together, and that was THE reason the Seahawks won their first title in team history.

How this relates to the thread: There are a lot of former Vikings that won with the Seahawks this past year. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29741
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.


Seattle won the Superbowl (and got there in the first place) because they've built a very balanced team overall. It wasn't just the QB, or great Special Teams, or all the defense. Everything came together, and that was THE reason the Seahawks won their first title in team history.


Or it could have been the elite # 1 defense that carried the 17th ranked offense to the win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.


Seattle won the Superbowl (and got there in the first place) because they've built a very balanced team overall. It wasn't just the QB, or great Special Teams, or all the defense. Everything came together, and that was THE reason the Seahawks won their first title in team history.


Or it could have been the elite # 1 defense that carried the 17th ranked offense to the win.


so you don't believe Seattle was a very balanced unit that had its success through offensive/defensive and special teams play (as well as good coaching)?

well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll give you that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29741
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.


Seattle won the Superbowl (and got there in the first place) because they've built a very balanced team overall. It wasn't just the QB, or great Special Teams, or all the defense. Everything came together, and that was THE reason the Seahawks won their first title in team history.


Or it could have been the elite # 1 defense that carried the 17th ranked offense to the win.


so you don't believe Seattle was a very balanced unit that had its success through offensive/defensive and special teams play (as well as good coaching)?

well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll give you that.



That offense would win them 5 maybe 6 games with what the Vikings had on defense last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
If THE reason refers to reason that contributed the most to the win, then yes, the Seahawks defense was THE reason they won.

Of course there were other reasons, but it's pretty baffling that you're arguing that something other than the defense was the biggest contributing factor.

Three of the four likely MVPs were on the defensive side of the ball.


Seattle won the Superbowl (and got there in the first place) because they've built a very balanced team overall. It wasn't just the QB, or great Special Teams, or all the defense. Everything came together, and that was THE reason the Seahawks won their first title in team history.


Or it could have been the elite # 1 defense that carried the 17th ranked offense to the win.


so you don't believe Seattle was a very balanced unit that had its success through offensive/defensive and special teams play (as well as good coaching)?

well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll give you that.



That offense would win them 5 maybe 6 games with what the Vikings had on defense last year.


maybe. We certainly will never know that.

My point is, you can't expect one phase to win everything for you.

If teams are trying to learn from this and think that they should load up on defense and completely ignore Offense/Special Teams, then they are setting themselves up for failure.

Most teams that win a Superbowl in a given year all have a good amount of balance everywhere.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
If teams are trying to learn from this and think that they should load up on defense and completely ignore Offense/Special Teams, then they are setting themselves up for failure.

for Halloween do you dress up as the Straw Man? there isn't one person here who says we should IGNORE improving 2/3 of the team.

and AGAIN, this thread is about former Vikings and what they're up to now in or out of the NFL. not your pseudo philosophy of how to construct a winning team.
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
If teams are trying to learn from this and think that they should load up on defense and completely ignore Offense/Special Teams, then they are setting themselves up for failure.

for Halloween do you dress up as the Straw Man? there isn't one person here who says we should IGNORE improving 2/3 of the team.

and AGAIN, this thread is about former Vikings and what they're up to now in or out of the NFL. not your pseudo philosophy of how to construct a winning team.


You mean the Straw Man from the Wizard of Oz? Oh wait...yeah former Vikings. Wink

anyways, given his injury history, what do you guys expect to happen with Sidney Rice once he hits the open market? Does someone give him a chance, or does he sign perhaps after the draft with a new team?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 35765
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will get a shot; heck, even with his injury, and other, history here I'd give him a shot as the vertical receiver in Norv's offense.
_________________

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 35765
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should take the rest of the life of this thread to come up with names for the next thread.

It's done that way some other places I post and the names that are brought up are quite enjoyable to view and vote on.
_________________

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 13157
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valhalla Vault?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Sharper is in a heap of trouble. charged today with six felonies.
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28565
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Perhaps we should take the rest of the life of this thread to come up with names for the next thread.

It's done that way some other places I post and the names that are brought up are quite enjoyable to view and vote on.


Viking Funerals for the Forgotten Former Football-ers
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 4194
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Perhaps we should take the rest of the life of this thread to come up with names for the next thread.

It's done that way some other places I post and the names that are brought up are quite enjoyable to view and vote on.


Viking Funerals for the Forgotten Former Football-ers


Vintage Valhalla or Vintage Vikings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strolling Down Asgard Avenue
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 35765
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Aja Evans is a member of one of the three United States two-women bobsled efforts in this year's Olympics. Her older brother is Minnesota Vikings' defensive tackle Fred Evans.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/2/8/5393278/minnesota-vikings-connection-to-sochi-aja-evans

Won bronze today.
_________________

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 99 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group