You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Randy...

Laughing

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the Randy we love.

Quote:
#Vikings H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."

FFMD '15 Vikings VP of Public Relations
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so should no Patriot wear #81, or no Raider wear #18?

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on what Moss said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/08/moss-vikings-giving-cordarrelle-patterson-no-84-is-disrespectful/

Vikings rookie receiver Cordarrelle Patterson is wearing the No. 84 jersey that Randy Moss used to wear in Minnesota. Moss has a problem with that.

Moss, now a commentator for FOX, said on this morning’s pregame show that he thinks it was disrespectful to give a player who hasn’t accomplished anything in the NFL yet the number that Moss had so much success wearing.

“First of all, that’s disrespectful, to give a rookie my number,” Moss said. “I don’t really believe in numbers, but I think that from a professional standpoint, I did make that number. And for them to give him that number, he hasn’t proven anything yet. But, hey, what can I say, I’m just Randy Moss sitting here in the studio.”

Moss was smiling as he said that, so it’s possible that he was just trying to be funny, but he seemed to be genuinely disappointed that Patterson has his number. But his complaint is rather odd. For starters, what does Moss mean when he says he doesn’t believe in numbers? Does he think players should just wear plain jerseys without numbers on them? If so, why does he care who wears his number?

Then there’s the question of why Moss thinks a rookie can’t be issued his number until that rookie has proven himself in the NFL. But every rookie has to be issued a number, and every number has been worn by a good player at some point. If Patterson can wear No. 84 only after he proves himself, what is he supposed to do until then?

It’s also odd that Moss didn’t seem to have any problem with Michael Jenkins wearing No. 84 in Minnesota. What has Jenkins done to prove he deserves Moss’s number.

Maybe Moss just thinks the Vikings should retire his number.
Tom Brady Tribute
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Minnesota should retire his number. I mean, not soon or anything. Like, years from now.

Quote:
#Vikings H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."

FFMD '15 Vikings VP of Public Relations
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss wrote:
“First of all, that’s disrespectful, to give a rookie my number. I don’t really believe in numbers, but I think that from a professional standpoint, I did make that number. And for them to give him that number, he hasn’t proven anything yet.”

oh Randy, Randy, Randy...

Gene Washington wore #84 for the Vikings and was a splendid receiver. you had no shame in "taking his number" as a rookie before you had proven anything. nor did you complain when Culpepper was given Joe Kapp's jersey number.

Laughing

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darius Reynaud had a booboo today on a kick return. bounced in to the endzone after hitting on the 2 yard line and he downed in, thinking it would be a touchback.

nope, live ball. safety for 2 points.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
Personally, I think Minnesota should retire his number. I mean, not soon or anything. Like, years from now.

I dont see a reason to retire Moss's number personally. Yes he was a fan favorite and one of the best ever, but he only played six seasons here. Unless you count 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide receiver Duron Carter, the son of former NFL star and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter, hauled in his first professional touchdown Sunday for the CFL’s Montreal Alouettes.

Carter, who has worked his way up from the Alouettes’ practice roster, has caught eight passes for 210 yards for Montreal, which fell 37-30 to Toronto on Sunday.

The Alouettes are 4-6, two games back of Toronto in the East Division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/duron-carter-scores-first-cfl-touchdown/

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:

I dont see a reason to retire Moss's number personally. Yes he was a fan favorite and one of the best ever, but he only played six seasons here. Unless you count 2010.

I agree. It's rare now for football teams to retire numbers, just because of the standard numbering protocol. The only situation now under which a number is and "should" be retired is a Korey Stringer-like situation, where a player suffers a tragedy. Randy will certainly enter the Vikings' Ring of Honor at some point, but retire his number? No.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per @seankjensen CB Antoine Winfield deferring retirement; agent hasn't "heard anything substantive from (Vikings) to bring back to Antoine"

https://twitter.com/VikingsNow/status/377840284887154689
Tom Brady Tribute
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i enjoyed watching Winfield play, guys such as Robinson and Rhodes need playing time to develop.

If Winfield was a piece to add to a super bowl run, then great, but this team isn't going to make it anywhere near that.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
As much as i enjoyed watching Winfield play, guys such as Robinson and Rhodes need playing time to develop.

If Winfield was a piece to add to a super bowl run, then great, but this team isn't going to make it anywhere near that.

At this point last year, no one thought we were anywhere near being a playoff team either. It's way too early to be making statements like that IMO.

Having Winfield here as a veteran presence could also be a boost to the development of the young guys, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing for the development of the young players is to actually play. Winfield coming in knocks Josh Robinson or Xavier Rhodes out of the game basically. I believe AJ Jefferson only had one snap as the dime corner.

As far as making statements about our record, my prediction for this team was 5-11 at the beginning of the year. We don't play a last place schedule this year and don't have back to back, real, home games all year long.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was hurt early this morning after a brawl erupted on a party bus filled with his Ravens teammates, TMZ has learned. It happened after a night of partying in Washington D.C. celebrating Bryant McKinnie's birthday. TMZ sources say a stripper named Sweet Pea is the one who hit Jacoby with a gigantic Ace of Spades bottle and this may have triggered the brawl. We're told the bottle smashed over his head and he was "bleeding everywhere."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/224892132.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 76 of 101

Jump to: