Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Little Something About Your Fellow Posters
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delakev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: A Little Something About Your Fellow Posters Reply with quote

A few other forums have done something similar, and it was suggested that we do the same here. For those of you who are interested and want to participate, you can put as much, or as little information up as you are comfortable with.

I suppose I should start:

My name is Kevin and have lived in/near Chicago for my whole life. I was too young to remember THE Super Bowl, but watching a copy of it and reading everything about it was enough to make me a Bears fan for life. My all-time favorite Bears player is Sweetness, and my current player is Alex Brown. I am a Business Education major, and I am student teaching in the fall. After that, I plan on moving somewhere towards the southwest, perhaps California. I love Chicago, but I want to experience something different. That is a little about me, if anyone has questions feel free to ask, but continue the thread with a little something about you.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go next:

Hey ya'll, I am Trevor, though most of you think my name is Jack, it isnt. I like to play a card game (euchre) where its a very good thing if you hold the Jacks, so I decided to make my name "Jack". I live 90 miles west of Chicago and have been a bears fan all of my life. I was not even born during the '85 Super Bowl, but like delakev said above, I have seen a tape and I enjoyed it a lot. I go to college at the local community college and want to teach someday at the high school level. Keeping with the flow, my favorite bear is obviously Sweetness, currently it has to be Mike Brown. This is really cool to finaly get to know some of the guys here rather than through screen names, its nice to put a name with the screen name.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
tonysoprano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Rick (aka Tony Soprano). I love the Soprano's so I went with that. I was 21 when the Bears won the Super Bowl (so I'll let you young math whiz' figure out how old I am now.) I lived in Chicago until I was 23 and have lived in the Burbs ever since, currently about 10 miles west of the city. Sweetness obviously is my all time favorite. Current favorite is Urlacher although I really like fullback Bryan Johnson as well. Work in a law firm downtown. Married with 3 kids, oldest starts college this coming fall and youngest starts 1st grade this fall as well. I love the White Sox almost as much as the Bears and I am not fond of the Cubs. I enjoy fantasy baseball and football (to some degree). I am currently in my second year of fantasy baseball. Last December I finished my 15th fantasy football season. Due to my frustration with it I have resolved not to do it again this year. Only time will tell though as the season gets nearer if I will in fact do it again.

Jack, keep plugging away and pursue that H.S. teaching position. There is no more admirable position then being a teacher. Good luck to you.
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jack, keep plugging away and pursue that H.S. teaching position. There is no more admirable position then being a teacher. Good luck to you.

Thanks Tony, I will try to not let my future students down.

Quote:
I love the White Sox almost as much as the Bears and I am not fond of the Cubs.

Awww! now come on now!! I liked everything ya said up until that point! Darn, thats alright, everyone is wrong at least once in a while.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
tonysoprano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born and raised only 5 miles away from old Comiskey Park. My dad raised me a Sox fan so I have stuck with them all these years. Maybe this will be their year, who knows.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonysoprano wrote:
I was 21 when the Bears won the Super Bowl

And here I thought I was the old guy in the Bears forum Wink

First off - tks delakev for starting this thread, I think it's cool to know a little about some of the guys I talk football with almost every day.

Well.. my real name is Mike... I was born in Waukegan, IL in '66 and grew up in Zion - for those of you that have never heard of it it's a little town about 2miles south of the Wisconsin border right on Lake Michigan. Lived there until I was 19 then joined the air force... just in time to get sent overseas to Japan while the Bears had their awesome '85 season and Superbowl win. I had some friends tape some of the games and send them to me - but it wasn't the same (yes, we had VCRs back then Wink ) I got married while in the Air Force to a farm girl from upstate New York (loves Syracuse sports - which works well since their colors are blue and orange too).. and we've been together for 18yrs now. We have two boys - a Jr. in H.S. that lives on the golf course - he shoots in the mid 70's consistantly... and we have a 14yr old that loves football and lacrosse.

I got out of the Air Force in '89 after being stationed at Ft. Meade (NSA) Maryland.. got a job here in the Satellite business and we've been here ever since.

I have always been a Bears fan... but more so in the last 5-6 years I think... mostly because I got the NFL Sunday Ticket thing and was able to watch all their games - that made a big difference for me as a fan because I was finally able to watch them play each week again.

I have to say that I'm really glad I found this website - you guys are all very cool Bears fans and I really enjoy talking Bears football with guys that know their stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr, I just got rid of the Sunday ticket. I had it for the past 3 or 4 years. Directv upped the regular price about $40 this year and I now would have to pay an extra $99 to get the games in High Def. The killer is they black out the Bear games in High Def so I have yet to see the Bears in High Def. I am considering my local cable company (Comcast) this fall so I can watch my beloved Bears in High Def (along with Sox, Cubs and Bulls...and maybe even the Hawks if they ever play again). I love Directv (you mentioned being in the Satellite biz) but they are really trying my patience.

I guess I am the old timer. I use to work with a guy who videotaped all the Bear games from 1985, playoffs, Super Bowl, everything. That was a smart idea. My favorite regular season game of all time was the week 6 Bears win in 1985 versus the 49ers at San Fran. Bears won 26-10 and had a great last drive of the game that consumed quite a bit of time and with Payton just ramming it down their throat. One of the rare times Bill Walsh had no answer for Ditka and the boys.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have a high def TV... so I don't have a choice Crying or Very sad

Sundays in the Fall are pretty crazy at my house... My two football buddies come over but one is a Ravens fan and the other is a Reskins fan. So if all three are playing at the same time (which seems to happen a lot) then I have three TVs going, but sound is only on the Bears game (heheheheheh - my house, my rules) There's every kind of snack and munchie you can think of... and we decorate the living room up with all the Bears blankets, jerseys, helmets, all the stuff we have - it's pretty cool. I wouldn't get rid of the Sunday ticket unless I absolutely had too - it's my only way of watching my guys play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have always been a Bears fan... but more so in the last 5-6 years I think...

I also think the Internet has played a HUGE part in that as well. Especially when you can live in the New Zealand and still read over the internet on a dozen sites about the bears. The way it use to go is that you would just hear about them in the local newspaper, and if you lived somewhere else other than close to your team, to bad. I think the internet has helped the most, because we can all watch the games, but if a guy gets injured in practice and you just watch the games, you are going to wonder why that guy wasnt there/didnt play well.

I also think that fantasy football has helped out a lot as well (well at least for me it has) because you learn about EVERYONE, not just the starters but the backups as well, you are not just focused on 1 teams players, but ALL players. But fantasy football has been helped a lot by the internet too, so...I think all of these reasons have helped us get closer to the teams than any fan has ever been.

obob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join in on this fracas. My name is Eric and I was born in Oak Park, Ill. And now live in the Indy area kickin' it in the 'burbs. As Obob I do not have the deep and very insightful posts of you guys, but I share your passion for the Bears.
Every year on Thanksgiving I wear my old Zorich jersey in playing football with my friends. I like the d-line and chasing quarterbacks. I usually run the ball or play the slot so I can return the hits. This year after tackling my brtoher I had his leg in my face and I thought, "What would Butkus do?" So I bit him.
I have early 80's Central chanmpionship pennant in my classroom and I have had students walk on the other side of the hallway some monday mornings.
I'm sure all of us have those stories, heck my mom and I argue who was a better RB, Payton or Sayers. I'll do my best to stay out your guys way as you post and offer my best when I can, which is very limited. But I will say what I have said for years, this season hinges on the o-line and the d-line. Dent said give him three pass rushers and he can win, we have now have them with surplus. Good Day gents
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This year after tackling my brtoher I had his leg in my face and I thought, "What would Butkus do?" So I bit him

That's hilarious obob... I love it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonysoprano wrote:
I guess I am the old timer.

if non-bears fans can join in, then i unfortunately have you beat on the age thing.

my name is alex and i'm 48. i was born in champaign, and went to college at the U of I. Bears games were on every week when i was a youngin and back then just on the major networks because espn, fox, cnn, mtv and cable didn't exist yet. heck, our family and most others didn't even have a color tv until i was 15 or so. forget big screen or plasma. no cell phones or personal computers either.

i became a vikes fan pretty early but always wished the bears well too. we'd see plenty of their players in my home town coming down to party and raise hell so they wouldn't get busted in chicago.

i left the flat cornfields of central illinois and moved out to the american west when i was 20 or so and never turned back. the grandeur of the mountains, forests, and hard running rivers here is very powerful. it's also a lot cleaner, air and water wise.

i'm married and divorced and have two sons, 18 and 16. the oldest enters college this coming fall in portland, oregon which is one of my favorite american cities.

montana is a huge state (only alaska, texas, and california have more land area) but has less than a million people in the whole state, about 850,000. i live in a pretty rural area where the "big town" has about 20,000. Glacier National Park, the Canadian border, and the largest natural fresh water lake west of the mississipi river are only 10-30 minutes away from my front door.

this forum is very relaxing to me and i like the bears site because, believe it or not, the maturity and respect levels are pretty decent. i like yakking with the 14 year olds too, but i enjoy in depth analysis the most and that's tough for them right now.

hang in there, guys, the bears shall return!
UcantTOUCHthis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Brian and I am 14 years old. I live about 45 minutes away from New York City, but I have NFL Sunday Ticket so i can watch all the games. I have been a Bears fan all my life and i am not really sure why i chose them, but i did. I love talking on this site with all of my fellow Bears fans.

Thanks Ocho Cinco for the sig!!!
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Adam,

A 22 year old Canadian. Lovve football, was once a cheese head out of ignorance. But about 4 years ago a buddy of mine told me to check out the Bears. Said they had some good guys.

Ironically, the name of the first little league football team i played for was the Bears.

This summer I'll be coaching O line for the SEFA Broncos, an Atom level little league football team that practises close by.

My tag is self explanitory.

It's fun talking shop with fellow bears fans, keep up the good work guys.
Canadianbear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Derek.

I am 20 years old, and have been a Bears fan since I was about 14. I think I started cheering for them because I got a hat for Christmas. Its pretty hard for me to catch games up here in Canada, (Alberta), but I watch every game that is televised. This site helps me out a lot because I get a chance to read on some players that I might not have noticed. Berrian is one of them, from the two games that I got to see last year, I never saw or noticed him. Now this year I am going to have to look out for him.

I am going to University taking Marketing, and have a few years left.

Thanks for all the good info guys

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: