Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Andre Roberts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeebs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Thoughts on Andre Roberts? Reply with quote

Hey Cardinals fans,

Rumors are spreading that the Redskins will be signing Roberts for about 4yr/17.5m with 8m guaranteed.

I was hoping you guys could provide some insight on how he is overall and whether or not he is worth this contract. Who better to ask than the Cards fans themselves Smile?

Was the reason Floyd surpassed him at #2 performance based or him fitting better with Arians scheme? I'd really appreciate any insight you guys could offer.

Thanks guys!
shawn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talented guy...I think he will fit into the Gruden offense nicely. And yes, Arians offensive plans seemed to leave Roberts in the dark a bit.

I wish him the best, and I wish we could have kept him.

sig made by mike23md
holeman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why Floyd surpassed Roberts is because Floyd was more talented physically and complimented Fitz better, Roberts also had several injuries last season. However he still was a vital part of our passing game as he had more speed than Floyd and Fitz so he help spread the field and gave Palmer easier targeting for Fitz and Floyd. He probably needs to be replaced as we don't have a true #3 receiver, we can get one through the draft or FA

Mike Davis: Hey, Michael? Could I have your Doritos?

Michael Bidwell: no

Mike Davis: ill trade you Carson Palmer right now if I can have your Doritos...

Michael Bidwell: Sounds like a deal!
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a solid receiver but not what BA demanded in a #3 receiver. BA needs a #3 receiver to extend the field and Roberts isn't that guy. But he is a reliable receiver for the most part but does drop the ball more than he should. I think the skins overpaid for him but it's not a terrible deal. I just don't think the # of catches he'll end up with at the end of the season will be worth what he is paid.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly reliable move the chains type receiver. Not a big YAC guy and won't make too many spectacular catches. But he should be a nice target especially when you need a big 3rd down conversion.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was always a nice player, pretty reliable hands, can return punts-we just never really had him do it. He's a good compliment to any receiving core. He was surpassed by Floyd just because Floyd is better than him, especially on the outside and he's just a bigger guy who can go and get the ball. But Roberts is still a reliable weapon. Moving the chains type of guy, good addition for you guys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great addition for the Redskins IMO - FA for 4+ year contracts is usually a bit of an over-payment - especially with the cap going up this year. Roberts is a solid move the chains guy and fast enough - will be a great complement to Garcon - if / when Garcon is healthy. He simply was out of a job here due to lack of going 3-wide and Floyd + Fitz like others have said.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If griffen can play again then robert should have his best year. Never had a good qb to work with.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
SoggyBilling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good player and decent value. Will love him as a number 3 and can play on the outside in a pinch.

Best of luck to him, a class act.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good player, sad to see him go. He has great abilities, good luck on the Skins Andre

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals getting paid, well done Andre, catching all those passes from Cousins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Andre a lot. I originally didn't like him because of the drops, but he won me over eventually. Funny how differently his career and Doucet's turned out. Both reasonably talented guys troubled with drops early on, both drafted in the third round. Doucet clearly didn't have the work ethic and Andre did and their careers went opposite directions.

I'm not upset he's gone, though. He didn't have a place in this team anymore, and the amount of money required to keep him just isn't worth it for the smaller role he would have played for us.

Pretty good signing for the Redskins. I see him as a pretty decent #2 option and good #3, and they had a desperate need for anyone competent after Garcon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: