Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards Resigns, Restructures & Cuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Cards Resigns, Restructures & Cuts Reply with quote

Thought I would create one post for all this news, going to be busy offseason

Cards cut Jasper Brinkley - 28 Feb
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/28/cardinals-part-ways-with-jasper-brinkley/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise for Brinkley. That was the one everyone knew would happen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures, resign Dansby or someone else, they have Minter and can get a Reggie Walker type to be 4th ILB.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But apparently we're meeting with D'Qwell Jackson. What gives? More leverage to sign Dansby? I'm gonna be pissed if we end up signing him and Minter rides the bench again.
holeman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that by having us talk to D'Quell Jackson it will bring more pressure on Dansby to lower his price a bit. Dansby currently is thinking more like 8-10 million per season, we can sign Jackson at about 6-8 million per season. I don't think we will sign them both, I think that Dansby will come down in his asking price so we can resign him at about 7.5 Million (and if Dansby doesn't budge we can sign Jackson who is almost a exact copy of Dansby).

Also Downer, you cant have the same guys on the field for every snap of the season, you have to add depth sometimes just to give your guys a break, and Minter provides that depth, so he wont be "just sitting on the bench".
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
I think that by having us talk to D'Quell Jackson it will bring more pressure on Dansby to lower his price a bit. Dansby currently is thinking more like 8-10 million per season, we can sign Jackson at about 6-8 million per season. I don't think we will sign them both, I think that Dansby will come down in his asking price so we can resign him at about 7.5 Million (and if Dansby doesn't budge we can sign Jackson who is almost a exact copy of Dansby).

Also Downer, you cant have the same guys on the field for every snap of the season, you have to add depth sometimes just to give your guys a break, and Minter provides that depth, so he wont be "just sitting on the bench".

Gonna have a hard time convincing me we spent a high 2nd round pick so a guy can be a depth player.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

Gonna have a hard time convincing me we spent a high 2nd round pick so a guy can be a depth player.

He's behind two all-pro players so it's not a big deal IMO. You need good backups plus D-Wash could be suspended again.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:

Your numbers are wayyy too high. We can easily get Jackson under 5 million.

The Dansby number is gonna have to be closer to 5 million.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Minter played ONE snap on defense last season. Brinkley played less than 100 snaps last season after Washington came back from his suspension.

We tend to rotate on the DL and at OLB, but not at ILB.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$7.5 mil for Dansby?

He can walk for that

and Jackson aint worth 6 - 8 mil, if he was, he would still be a Cleveland Brown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking 6 a year for Dansby...7.5 is a little high, bUT, I want him in Arizona again. Besides CC he was our best defensive player last year.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't bring back Dansby, start Minter and spend our money elsewhere

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:

it would be a downgrade though, I agree that Minter needs to see more defensive snaps but how can we rely on him to be a starter? This is not the Whisenhunt era where rookies don't play, period. Cooper would have been a day one starter, Mathiue was one I believe????...had Minter shown any kind of promise I think he would have been worked into the line up.

We knew we were getting a limited player in Minter, and I would like to see what he has to offer as well considering his draft status. But do not let a player like Dansby walk and take a risk like that.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

it would be a downgrade though, I agree that Minter needs to see more defensive snaps but how can we rely on him to be a starter? This is not the Whisenhunt era where rookies don't play, period. Cooper would have been a day one starter, Mathiue was one I believe????...had Minter shown any kind of promise I think he would have been worked into the line up.

We knew we were getting a limited player in Minter, and I would like to see what he has to offer as well considering his draft status. But do not let a player like Dansby walk and take a risk like that.

While it would be an immediate downgrade, it could pay some serious dividends later on. Plus I'm assume that when we don't pay Dansby we will go out and sign a Brandon Albert or Eugene Monroe to far upgrade that offensive line. So I'm losing some to gain some and possibly more with the unknown that is Minter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby is hoping there is a market for a 33 ILB that pays more than $5 mil a year.

It is a game of cat and mouse atm.

Keim is going to play Jackson and Minter as leverage to drive price down.

Seriously I need to be an NFL GM, I do this crap on a day in day out basis with big business, its fun !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: