Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crw94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:
Hey everyone, i'm new to the Cardinals. I currently live in Iowa but am pretty fed up with the weather and once I get done with my 2 years at a CC, plan to transfer to a school in colorado/arizona possibly, or at least in that Western region and I'm sorta picking up the Cards as my team. I want to be close and not have to have Sunday Ticket to watch my team, and be able to go to games. I could never follow the Broncos, so I crossed them off immediately lol.

But anyways, I hope I can learn plenty here. Looks like their is a decent fan base on this site so i'm looking forward to it.

Where in Iowa are you from? I'm from Omaha, and this bipolar weather just sucks, can't wait for it to end.

But yea, stick with the Cards we are seemingly on the upswing and screw the Donkeys. How can someone look at Elway's face and say "I want to root for that guy"?

Laughing

But I live in Northern Iowa, home of -20 degree weather during the winter. Most of my family is up in Iowa, but I just can't take it. Went on vacation to the bahamas recently and absolutely loved it also being in the 80's (Arizona is a bit hotter than that though, so we'll have to see ha).

It will be a little tough at first to really stick with a team that I haven't paid close attention too.

In a nutshell:

Carson Palmer kinda sucked in the beginning of the season but was still the best QB we've had since Warner. He finished off the season very well though. Just has to cut down on his INTs. Most frustrating part was watching him throw stupid INTs. If he cuts down on them next year we are in really good shape.

Fitz=Beast. Floyd had a breakout year. Definitely a dominant #2.

O-line sucked but Arians got the best out of them he possibly could. The signing of Veldheer and Cooper coming back will be huge. Feel like we're going to be at least an average O-line now.

Defense was deadly all season. #2 run D in the league. We lack a great pass rush even though John Abraham had 10+ sacks for the season. We may take a pass rushing OLB in the first to replace Abraham (Dee Ford). Could use another safety and another corner wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, I know Arizona has had a lot of O-Line troubles for a while now. Regarding the pass rush though, weren't you guys missing Alex Okafor and Sam Acho?
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:
Hey everyone, i'm new to the Cardinals. I currently live in Iowa but am pretty fed up with the weather and once I get done with my 2 years at a CC, plan to transfer to a school in colorado/arizona possibly, or at least in that Western region and I'm sorta picking up the Cards as my team. I want to be close and not have to have Sunday Ticket to watch my team, and be able to go to games. I could never follow the Broncos, so I crossed them off immediately lol.

But anyways, I hope I can learn plenty here. Looks like their is a decent fan base on this site so i'm looking forward to it.

Where in Iowa are you from? I'm from Omaha, and this bipolar weather just sucks, can't wait for it to end.

But yea, stick with the Cards we are seemingly on the upswing and screw the Donkeys. How can someone look at Elway's face and say "I want to root for that guy"?

Laughing

But I live in Northern Iowa, home of -20 degree weather during the winter. Most of my family is up in Iowa, but I just can't take it. Went on vacation to the bahamas recently and absolutely loved it also being in the 80's (Arizona is a bit hotter than that though, so we'll have to see ha).

It will be a little tough at first to really stick with a team that I haven't paid close attention too.

In a nutshell:

Carson Palmer kinda sucked in the beginning of the season but was still the best QB we've had since Warner. He finished off the season very well though. Just has to cut down on his INTs. Most frustrating part was watching him throw stupid INTs. If he cuts down on them next year we are in really good shape.

O-line sucked but Arians got the best out of them he possibly could. The signing of Veldheer and Cooper coming back will be huge. Feel like we're going to be at least an average O-line now.

Defense was deadly all season. #2 run D in the league. We lack a great pass rush even though John Abraham had 10+ sacks for the season. We may take a pass rushing OLB in the first to replace Abraham (Dee Ford). Could use another safety and another corner wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, I know Arizona has had a lot of O-Line troubles for a while now. Regarding the pass rush though, weren't you guys missing Alex Okafor and Sam Acho?

Okafor never played. I like Acho. He's smart and has great instincts but he's not a dominant pass rusher. We're definitely a better defense with him on the field though.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Laughing

Growing pains, you'll get used to it eventually

But yea this weather has just been beating me up. And not all of Arizona is constantly that hot. Up in Flagstaff it's normally pretty nice for the most part. Cooler than Phoenix but that's not saying a whole lot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Laughing

In a nutshell:

Okafor never played. I like Acho. He's smart and has great instincts but he's not a dominant pass rusher. We're definitely a better defense with him on the field though.

Yeah I know that, was more just signaling to you saying you want to look for pass rush help because outside of Abraham you guys don't have much. I liked Okafor coming out of Texas, and agreed on the Acho front*. I think both of those guys with Abraham isn't too shabby. Can never have too many pass rushers though.

Last edited by crw94 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scottsdale is where it's at. Flag is way too cold. Gets in the 100s during the Summer in Scottsdale but way better than the cold. As long as you have A/C you're muy bueno.
crw94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Laughing

Growing pains, you'll get used to it eventually

But yea this weather has just been beating me up. And not all of Arizona is constantly that hot. Up in Flagstaff it's normally pretty nice for the most part. Cooler than Phoenix but that's not saying a whole lot.

Haha, yeah. Hopefully following the team through FA, the draft, offseason stuff, TC, etc can help me really get into them, at least that's my hope.

It's finally starting to get nicer up here, but it's been a constant 3 months of below zero with wind chills up in the -30's to -40's, just too much for me to handle. I like being able to wear shorts and sandals. Sick of having to start my car 15-20 minutes before I go anywhere and waste gas being a broke college kid. Laughing

I do think somewhere like Denver or northern Arizona would be solid for me though. I'd love Phoenix (being in same city as the Cards would be cool) but like you mentioned, it's just brutally hot down there.
crw94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
Scottsdale is where it's at. Flag is way too cold. Gets in the 100s during the Summer in Scottsdale but way better than the cold. As long as you have A/C you're muy bueno.

Is cold 60-70 degrees for you though? That's fine weather for me. Maybe living in Arizona for a while would help me get used to the 100's, but that is so brutally hot lol.

Not sure, but don't believe you guys get the humidity we do up in Iowa though, so that might help some.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards are down in Glendale which is part of the greater Phoenix area but isn't Phoenix the city Embarassed
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:

Is cold 60-70 degrees for you though? That's fine weather for me. Maybe living in Arizona for a while would help me get used to the 100's, but that is so brutally hot lol.

Not sure, but don't believe you guys get the humidity we do up in Iowa though, so that might help some.

It just snows there a lot during the Winter. Spring and Summer are great there but besides those two seasons.....ehhhh

Oh btw it's a dry heat here. It makes a huge difference.
crw94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:

It just snows there a lot during the Winter. Spring and Summer are great there but besides those two seasons.....ehhhh

Oh btw it's a dry heat here. It makes a huge difference.

Good to know on the Glendale subject.

Yeah, i'm sure dry heat does make a difference. I don't think i've ever experienced that so it's hard for me to know. I just know that I hate when it gets really hot up here in the summers, although like I said, usually a ton of humidity with it.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got family in Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise. Just kills me when they're telling me that 50 is cold and it's 50 in Omaha today and I'm wearing shorts. I love Glendale and Surprise has the Royals Spring Training so I like it there too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I've got family in Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise. Just kills me when they're telling me that 50 is cold and it's 50 in Omaha today and I'm wearing shorts. I love Glendale and Surprise has the Royals Spring Training so I like it there too.

Ah alright, you ever plan on going down to that area? 50 degrees is more than fine though. I just don't like when it gets into the single digits colder. Just miserable when it's like that.

Never have been that far away from family for an extended period of time, that's one of my main worries. I have an uncle who works for fox sports down in Dallas, Texas but that's about it.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Ah alright, you ever plan on going down to that area? 50 degrees is more than fine though. I just don't like when it gets into the single digits colder. Just miserable when it's like that.

Never have been that far away from family for an extended period of time, that's one of my main worries. I have an uncle who works for fox sports down in Dallas, Texas but that's about it.

I go to visit the family every year or so. I'm going down there in May. I mean I love e weather cause I can't stand the cold and 100 there isn't nearly as bad as 100 here. But 120 there... That's a little different.

But I know it snows up in Flag but I don't think it his single digits, correct me if I'm wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I go to visit the family every year or so. I'm going down there in May. I mean I love e weather cause I can't stand the cold and 100 there isn't nearly as bad as 100 here. But 120 there... That's a little different.

But I know it snows up in Flag but I don't think it his single digits, correct me if I'm wrong

Yeah, 120 would just be brutal regardless of humidity i'd imagine. Not sure i'd even want to step outside if it got that hot. Laughing

I doubt it gets that cold in any part of Arizona, but i'm not sure obviously.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: