Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoggyBilling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks DJ.

Hoping I can keep up with the Cards playoff push when I'm out there
GeorgeCostanza7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm a Canadian that only got into football and the NFL last year when the NHL lockout happened. I needed my sports fix and decided to try to learn the game and I've really fell in love with it. At first it was a little frustrating to not know all the rules and players after being a hardcore NHL fan but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The really tough part has been finding a favourite team, my friends are Steelers, Bills, Lions and Eagles fans but nothing really made me care about those teams. I don't really mind the Steelers but I absolutely hate Pittsburgh hockey team so I really can't cheer for any team from that city. Laughing

But I eventually started to love watching the Cardinals play after I picked up the D for my fantasy team. It was really awesome to watch players like Mathieu and Peterson play and I've taken the Cards on as my favourite team now. I'm looking at getting a jersey next and I'm thinking about getting Mathieu or maybe Ellington? Anyway I just wanted to say hi and share my story and hopefully you guys can be patient with a noob.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm a Canadian that only got into football and the NFL last year when the NHL lockout happened. I needed my sports fix and decided to try to learn the game and I've really fell in love with it. At first it was a little frustrating to not know all the rules and players after being a hardcore NHL fan but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The really tough part has been finding a favourite team, my friends are Steelers, Bills, Lions and Eagles fans but nothing really made me care about those teams. I don't really mind the Steelers but I absolutely hate Pittsburgh hockey team so I really can't cheer for any team from that city. Laughing

But I eventually started to love watching the Cardinals play after I picked up the D for my fantasy team. It was really awesome to watch players like Mathieu and Peterson play and I've taken the Cards on as my favourite team now. I'm looking at getting a jersey next and I'm thinking about getting Mathieu or maybe Ellington? Anyway I just wanted to say hi and share my story and hopefully you guys can be patient with a noob.

Welcome to the forum!

We talk some hockey here too in the "Other Sports" forum in case you want your hockey fill as well. I myself am a Coyotes fan, I love hockey. Too be they never broadcast it and I end up listening to the radio.

I have a Patrick Peterson jersey, and I normally have terrible luck wither jerseys but I think I'd suggest whatever jersey you get make it a black one. The black jerseys are bad @$$

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

What up man!

Always cool to have a casual NFL fan pick a team like the Cardinals as their favorite team Cool

I think Matheiu would be a great jersey to pick up. Hopefully he recovers well. Welcome to the board Very Happy

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mr Costanza

Another non American Cards fan on the board, United Nations is here.
GeorgeCostanza7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

Welcome to the forum!

We talk some hockey here too in the "Other Sports" forum in case you want your hockey fill as well. I myself am a Coyotes fan, I love hockey. Too be they never broadcast it and I end up listening to the radio.

I have a Patrick Peterson jersey, and I normally have terrible luck wither jerseys but I think I'd suggest whatever jersey you get make it a black one. The black jerseys are bad @$$

I don't mind the Coyotes but I'm an Ottawa fan myself. Do you think NFL.com is a good place to buy a jersey or is there a good alternative online?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

Welcome to the forum!

I don't mind the Coyotes but I'm an Ottawa fan myself. Do you think NFL.com is a good place to buy a jersey or is there a good alternative online?

Yea NFLShop.com isn't too bad. I just have an inside source to some company in china so I get my jerseys from there. Before that though I always got them from NFLShop.com.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

Welcome to the forum!

Yea NFLShop.com isn't too bad. I just have an inside source to some company in china so I get my jerseys from there. Before that though I always got them from NFLShop.com.

Wholesale? Are they just knockoffs or the real thing?

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
GeorgeCostanza7 wrote:
Hey all,

Welcome to the forum!

Wholesale? Are they just knockoffs or the real thing?

To be honest it's a friend of a friend so I do not know the guy. The only one I've gotten from them so far and it's a black authentic Patrick Peterson jersey. They're the real thing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, i'm new to the Cardinals. I currently live in Iowa but am pretty fed up with the weather and once I get done with my 2 years at a CC, plan to transfer to a school in colorado/arizona possibly, or at least in that Western region and I'm sorta picking up the Cards as my team. I want to be close and not have to have Sunday Ticket to watch my team, and be able to go to games. I could never follow the Broncos, so I crossed them off immediately lol.

But anyways, I hope I can learn plenty here. Looks like their is a decent fan base on this site so i'm looking forward to it.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
Hey everyone, i'm new to the Cardinals. I currently live in Iowa but am pretty fed up with the weather and once I get done with my 2 years at a CC, plan to transfer to a school in colorado/arizona possibly, or at least in that Western region and I'm sorta picking up the Cards as my team. I want to be close and not have to have Sunday Ticket to watch my team, and be able to go to games. I could never follow the Broncos, so I crossed them off immediately lol.

But anyways, I hope I can learn plenty here. Looks like their is a decent fan base on this site so i'm looking forward to it.

Whaddup man! You're just in time for what is looking like the glory years! Cool

Kinda hard to believe you picked the Cardinals over the Broncos lol

crw94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Whaddup man! You're just in time for what is looking like the glory years! Cool

Kinda hard to believe you picked the Cardinals over the Broncos lol

Not a bandwagon type of guy at all (although the Cardinals like you mentioned are on the upswing). I could never see myself rooting for Peyton Manning, that right there made me cross them off.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:

Where in Iowa are you from? I'm from Omaha, and this bipolar weather just sucks, can't wait for it to end.

But yea, stick with the Cards we are seemingly on the upswing and screw the Donkeys. How can someone look at Elway's face and say "I want to root for that guy"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Where in Iowa are you from? I'm from Omaha, and this bipolar weather just sucks, can't wait for it to end.

But yea, stick with the Cards we are seemingly on the upswing and screw the Donkeys. How can someone look at Elway's face and say "I want to root for that guy"?

Laughing

But I live in Northern Iowa, home of -20 degree weather during the winter. Most of my family is up in Iowa, but I just can't take it. Went on vacation to the bahamas recently and absolutely loved it also being in the 80's (Arizona is a bit hotter than that though, so we'll have to see ha).

It will be a little tough at first to really stick with a team that I haven't paid close attention too.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crw94 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
crw94 wrote:

Laughing

But I live in Northern Iowa, home of -20 degree weather during the winter. Most of my family is up in Iowa, but I just can't take it. Went on vacation to the bahamas recently and absolutely loved it also being in the 80's (Arizona is a bit hotter than that though, so we'll have to see ha).

It will be a little tough at first to really stick with a team that I haven't paid close attention too.

In a nutshell:

Carson Palmer kinda sucked in the beginning of the season but was still the best QB we've had since Warner. He finished off the season very well though. Just has to cut down on his INTs. Most frustrating part was watching him throw stupid INTs. If he cuts down on them next year we are in really good shape.

Fitz=Beast. Floyd had a breakout year. Definitely a dominant #2.

O-line sucked but Arians got the best out of them he possibly could. The signing of Veldheer and Cooper coming back will be huge. Feel like we're going to be at least an average O-line now.

Defense was deadly all season. #2 run D in the league. We lack a great pass rush even though John Abraham had 10+ sacks for the season. We may take a pass rushing OLB in the first to replace Abraham (Dee Ford). Could use another safety and another corner wouldn't hurt either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: