Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's up with the Saints and Duece ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: What's up with the Saints and Duece ? Reply with quote

It's no secret that the contract extension talks between the Saints and Duece have stalled, but the Saints have brought in HB Anthony Thomas (Bears) and HB Antwoine Smith (Titans) this week. The Saints (and fans) seem to be happy with Aaron Stecker as our back-up RB, so why the courting of 2 HB's ?
Either one of those guys would be a quality back-up but I was under the impression that Fred MaCafee was considered our 3rd back beings that our special teams' roster spots seem to be Mitch Berger, John Carney, Kevin Houser, and Steve Gleason.
Armyscout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the Benson's attempt at ratcheting up the negotiations w/ Deuce. He is in some legal crap w/ some bouncers and a club on bourbon, and he has been playing thru injury since coming to the Saints. I am not negative on Deuce at all. As a matter of fact I am a Deuce fan, but I think he is stalling on Contract talks trying to get more than he is worth. Benson is a business man and is applying some leaverage. Courting a few RBs might just get Deuce to the table and sign a long term contract.
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot... Steve Gleason is our back-up SS. So bringing in a 3rd back makes a lot of sense.( But Benson and Loomis would do something stupid like trade #26 )
_SaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Stecker can't carry the load for a season if Deuce went down.He doesn't run between the tackles well and is not a power running back.We are trying to find that RB to give the Saints a 1,2 punch if Deuce does go down.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints need a good number 2 to come in and spell Deuce to make sure he stays healthy, they also want another guy so we can have a good back-up when we need him, if they are thinking of doing anything to jeopardize Deuce staying in New Orleans that would be the worst idea EVER
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda hoping the Saints would draft a RB in the 4th round like Anthony Davis (Wisconsin), Cedrick Houston (Tennessee), or Ryan Moats (La. Tech).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: