Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Strong-Weak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jags28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Strong-Weak Reply with quote

Where on our team do you think we are our strongest and where on our team do you think we are our weakest?

Personally I think we are strongest at DT's as we have two of the best DT's in the NFL and they always put in a good performance on the field.

At the moment I think we are weakest at CB.....I know we have excellent talent in Rashean Mathis but we need another great CB that can partner him. I thought in the draft we would of looked at a 1st or 2nd round pick to select a CB but obviously we still need someone to partner Rashean.

Thanks to BillyShears for the sig
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you have to go with DT. We have two top 5 DTs in the league and Tony Williams is a great backup, and if there was a position on our team that was stronger, then we should be in the super bowl lol Laughing

Ill agree with you on the CB situation. I thought we were going to pick one in the second round, after Matt Jones, but Khalif was too good to pass up. Scott Starks was a good pick, but lets face it, hes not what we are looking for in a starter. Atleast not right now.
jags28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you there Scott isn't what we exaclty need to solve our CB problem right now but hopefully he can at least put in some good performances until we do sort it out.

jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be a good nickle back in his career. Hes very quick but lacks size. I havent heard much about him from minicamps though.
jags28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres been one main article on him on the official Jags website but I don't think that was anyting to do with mini-camp.

jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read it. Nothing big. Just that he is determined and he has "short mans disease" but he doesnt let that affect him or his play at all.
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT is definitly the jags strongest position. Stroud and Henderson, thats just crazy. Werent both of them first round jaguar picks in back to back years? Thats good drafting, build up the most important position of a defense.

As for weakest, i dont know if you guys will have any weak position as you are on the verge of signing Law. DE isnt very strong. I guess TE can be improved on. Speaking of which, is matt jones playing TE or WR? I think he would make for an amazing TE. Either way hes going to be good. If he plays WR than dbs wont be able to cover him, hes too big, and if he plays TE, linebackers wont be able to cover him because hes too fast. Alot of people are saying hes going to be a bust but no i dont think so, hell be good.

You guys have a really good thing going right now in jacksonville, you just have to figure out if taylor is going to be the main man or no. Other than that, its a really young team who just has to mature and then watch them explode. Leftwich will dominate the league next year or in a couple years and the jags are going to be AFC tital contenders if they keep up this pace. Its too bad they werent hosting the super bowl in like 3 years, then you may have home field advantage for the super bowl. Anyways, good luck in '05!
jagz4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight and for posting here. I'll answer some of your questions... Yes TE is a weak spot, and Matt Jones will be playing WR to start out his career, and maybe change later. We have some competition going on at TE, but the competition isn't all that great. We DID draft the monsters in back to back years, and we signed Hayward this year so that helps the DE situation. Taylor all depends on rehabilitation right now, all we can do is wait and hope.

By the way, where did you hear that we were "on the verge of signing Law"? I'm just wondering, because all I heard was that we were interested.
Phreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:

By the way, where did you hear that we were "on the verge of signing Law"? I'm just wondering, because all I heard was that we were interested.

Sorry, i didnt hear they were on the verge of signing him. I know they are interested and it would make sense for them to sign him, but it came our wrong, haha sorry.
jags28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'e just heard rumours recently that he is more likely to go to the Dolphins.

jagz4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
jagz4life wrote:

Sorry, i didnt hear they were on the verge of signing him. I know they are interested and it would make sense for them to sign him, but it came our wrong, haha sorry.

Lol its okay, its just if you heard something like that, I'd want to know Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: