Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TEXANS QB SITUATION..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: TEXANS QB SITUATION.. Reply with quote

Hey texan fans....Im a huge Dave Ragone fan and think hes better then Carr. Do you think he'll get a shot to overthrow carr?
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is no way better than Carr and of course he has a chance, but he won't ever do anything about it.
Texans02

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragone isn't even the 2nd stringer. If you actually watched a Texans game, you'd know Carr is a good QB who is suffering from a bad OL and mediocre receivers outside of his #1 option. I think Ragone will move to 2nd string soon enough when Banks retires, but he in no way has a legit shot at taking over for Carr.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Ragone isn't even the 2nd stringer. If you actually watched a Texans game, you'd know Carr is a good QB who is suffering from a bad OL and mediocre receivers outside of his #1 option. I think Ragone will move to 2nd string soon enough when Banks retires, but he in no way has a legit shot at taking over for Carr.

Banks blows from what ive seen when he was with the redskins.....Carr does have a bad o-line but he holds the ball way too long even when he was drafted that was his bigest knock......Let Ragone get a shot im not knockin Carr im just saying Ragone never got an oppitunity....
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:

Banks blows from what ive seen when he was with the redskins.....Carr does have a bad o-line but he holds the ball way too long even when he was drafted that was his bigest knock......Let Ragone get a shot im not knockin Carr im just saying Ragone never got an oppitunity....

I like Ragone, but he couldn't hold Carr's jock strap when it comes to being a starting QB.

Carr to Johnson is going to start sounding familiar!
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks is alright, he was signed mostly to mentor Carr and provide a stable back-up, presumably while Ragone developed. I think at this point it's about time for the torch to be passed. I'd like to see Ragone as the backup.
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragone definitely isn't better than Carr.... but he has proven he deserves a shot at being the backup on the roster. Hopefully he gets that opportunity, otherwise we might as well ship him off because after this latest season he deserves a shot somewhere and we'll probably lose him when he becomes a free agent.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Ragone definitely isn't better than Carr.... but he has proven he deserves a shot at being the backup on the roster. Hopefully he gets that opportunity, otherwise we might as well ship him off because after this latest season he deserves a shot somewhere and we'll probably lose him when he becomes a free agent.

If Carr is sooooooooooo much better make him prove it....Have Capers say theres a battle for the starting spot so we can see whos the better qb..
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, nfl teams are about winning. If he truly were better than Carr the texans coaches would know it and he would be starting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only find out so much from practice.....Let him play with the 1st team in pre-season then we'll know whos the better qb...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
You can only find out so much from practice.....Let him play with the 1st team in pre-season then we'll know whos the better qb...

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but everyone here is right. If Ragone were so damn good, he would be the starter.

Fact is, Carr is a very good QB, Ragone is nothing more than a good backup. Winning in NFL Europe means basically nothing.
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ragone will get reps in the pre-season... plenty of them actually. But Carr will still start when the regular season opens, barring injury.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not positive but i believe Ragone had the better college record...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure college means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Look at Ryan's Leaf's college record. Impressive huh? Now look at his pro record. Not so impressive.

You need to wake up man. I don't enjoy slamming people, but your making it impossible not too.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
hardrockin89 wrote:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure college means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Look at Ryan's Leaf's college record. Impressive huh? Now look at his pro record. Not so impressive.

You need to wake up man. I don't enjoy slamming people, but your making it impossible not too.

You need to calm down especially sense ur a mod.....All im sayin is give him a shot i NEVER sad Carr was bad i just said i think Ragone needs a shot...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: