Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade up or trade down?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctj0215

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and as far as brown brunell and barrow:

brown will return in a coaching or admin role (gibbs likes him)

brunell will restructure but his contract will still suck and we will get rid of him next year. He's too much of a contract hit if we do it this year.

and barrow is gone. Gibbs hates injured guys.
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Ok we know the skins have some old players, but still almost all of the guys you listed are in their late 20's, that isn't old!
If that's old then what is young?
What should we have a bunch of rookies and second year guys running around with their diapers on! what do you want to be the 49ers!
I know we have a 40yr old, but he probably won't be back with the team next year, and if he is he'll be a back up, the only reason he was here was because our 29yr old starting Right Tackle jansen was out for the year, and in my opinion Jansen is our best offensive lineman, and one of the best in the league!!
I'll list the whole team and there ages for ya!! Thsi is all by seasons start!
And if you say these guys who are over 25 are old you're an idiot, because if you look at all of the playoff teams most of their players are in the age range of 25-32 or so, I mean that's prime age for a professional athlete in Football, Baseball, or Basketball!
QB: Ramsey, 26
RB: Portis, 24
FB: Cooley, 23
TE: Royal, 26, Holy crap he has the same Bday as me! My new fav. skin!
WR: Coles, 27
WR:Gardner, 27
LT: Samuels, 28
LG: Dockery, 25
C: Raymer, 31: but should be replaced for next year and be back up
RG: Thomas, 29
RT: Jansen, 29
DE: Daniels, 32
DT: Griffin, 28
DT: Salave'a, 30
DE: Wynn, 31: Should be cut, not enough production for his pay!
WLB: Arrington, 26
MLB: Pierce, 25
SLB: Washington, 26
CB: Springs, 30
CB: Smoot, 25
SS: Bowen, 28
FS: Taylor, 22

Now where on there do you see old timers that don't have anything left, except maybe Raymer, Daniels and Wynn, but I think all of these guys proved last year that they can perform, just not at the level they did 3 or 4 years ago, and they should all be replaced by younger players through the draft of Free Agency!
As for the backups in a couple of areas we have old guys like Brown, Brunell, Friendman, Haley, Harris and Koslowski, but you need old guys on your team you need veterans, its not like we are like New England with half of our guys being in their 30's. I think we are in good shape baring we dont have alot of injuries like this year, that we have a chance to build something great in the next 2-5 years!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the active roster is fine, but we dont have a good crew of development players coming up that are good and young and can take our vets' places. Hey... dont get me wrong... I like our starting lineup, but some workable developing youth would be nice on top of our given superstar young starters.

we backup old guys with older guys.. there is something not right about that.
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. you are right... RIGHT NOW.. not old... look at our team two years from now. I just want have young players in the pipeline. The best thing about the best teams is the youth that they are developing and replacing players with. If we are going to have a CORE set of players in 4 years we are going to need a bunch of new players cause our core will be OLD. We can get over all of this in the next few years by keep ing draft picks and not signing old guys and sacrificing youth. Snyder has done a lot better lately at this (cooley, portis).

Sidenote... cooley was a GREAT pickup.

BUT... 28 isnt old.. but it IS time to start thinking about how you are going replace that player when he is 32. AND as it is now our backups are as old as our starters.

Come on avbanig... you are one of the people whose posts I actually like reading. Dont make me argue against my team.

Lets just agree that we need to keep as many draft picks as possible and focus and getting good young guys. but its not that bad... I just want more young guys... probably still just a little tainted from bruce smith days. If I ever here "come out of retirement again" I'll lose it.

oh and... the big jim molinaro is a good exception here... he may be good one day.

BTW.. ramsey and I are a day off in birthdays... I'm a little jelous.
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you see that the skins aren't an old team! I finally got through to you!

Thanks for the Compliments, I totally agree with everything you said.
I know the skins have to start getting younger players, its obvious, but you still have to have some veterans mixed in there, to help teach the young guys.

Our core won't be old in 4 years, they will still be in the Prime...
Ramsey will be 30, coles 31, Portis 28, Arrington 30, Taylor 26, Jansen and Griffin will be kind of old but still in early 30's.

I would think in 4 years anyways we would have more younger players, or course we are going to, we will probably have about 10 new young guys we just have to make sure we draft smart, and don't throw our draft picks away for washed up talent like Mark Brunell!!

So basically I totally agree with your post as well, I'm glad you agree with mine!
Also Moliarno, and Wilson both were great picks, I like the looks of alot of our undrafted free agents like Boschetti, Clemons, Wilds, and other guys we picked up for cheap like Warner, Evans, Clark, Campell, Marshall, we have to keep these guys because if we do we will have a solid foundation!!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more important than anyhting will be to scout young guys better. Jacobs and gardner werent exactly the best decisions ever.
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurry is still out on Jaccobs, I think if he's given playing time he can get us 50-60 catches and around 1000 yds a season, he hasn't had time to even show what he can do!
One thing I like about Jaccobs is his attitude, I think he's learned alot from James Thrash, I mean Jaccobs fly's around on specail teams and hits people, I think Jaccobs can do big things!
Now Gardner, that was all Marty, remember Snyder wanted Santana Moss, but that was the year marty made all of our personel decisons, which didn't exactly help our franchise! So we chose Gardner over Moss, if we had gotten Moss we would have never signed Morton and wasted $ thre either because Moss returns Punts and is as good of a WR as Gardner is and in my opionion he's better1

In those 2 years in 2000 and then in 2001 look what happened to our franchise, it was all just horrible personel moves and that's the reason we are in trouble now, and trying to right the ship with Gibbs and company!

Snyder didn't like Brad Johnson, all Johnson did was throw for 4000 yds to 2 mediocre Wr's in Westbrook and Conell. Then 2 years after we dumped him he won a Super Bowl in TB!! We Dumped him in favor of Jeff George wow that worked out, Marty didn't have a back up plan, so we scrambled through Tony Banks and Husak all year! Thanks Marty!
Snyder also got Dieon, I don't know why, we had Green and Bailey, we should have drafted a corner to groom, and not signed Deion.
Then we got Bruce, once again, about to retire, but if your gonna pay be 10 million I'll play for ya, and we should have drafted a young DE but no lets go with the 40yr old!!
Mean time while this happened we let players that were the core of our 1999 division winning team go, like Tre Johnson, Brian Mitchell, Stephen Alexander, Stephen Davis, Kenard Lang, Marco Coleman, James Thrash, the list goes on and on I mean we just didn't make good personell decisions in the begining of this decade, hopefully they start doing it, you have to admit we had a good offseason for once last year, except for Brunell!
We brought in franchise RB, a great LB, a franchise Safety, a great DT, and a Great CB, and a good HB! We had a pretty good offseason, now if we can fill other holes like DE, C, and WR, and get the injured guys healthy, the skins should be back in the playoffs!!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh the pain... I now hate you for bringing up all those memories. But thanks for sumarizing 12000 posts over the last 9 years.

We have a long way to go to ge to stability.. this year and maybe nextwe will finish plugging holes then we can start focusing on stability.

Then the skins win the last three superbowls of the decade and are know for being the team of the decade. Maybe.

I never did understand why jacobs didnt get the Playing time on offense. I always just assumed the coaches weren't impressed. maybe we will see him more in thre receiver sets with williams and LC.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctj0215 wrote:
maybe we will see him more in thre receiver sets with williams and LC.

thats my kind of thinking ctj!
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd love to see those 3 on the field as well in 3 receiver sets....
Seems to scare people more than Gardner, LC and Thrash in the 3 receiver sets from this past year!!!
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: WHAT ABOUT THIS Reply with quote

if they giv up coles and the 9th for the 4th pick of the bears or give rod and the 9th and see if that will work if that doesnt work try getting both of them and the 9th for the browns 3rd pick and their 2nd or 3rd rounder im not sure if they have it what do u think
DallasDynasty21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a redskin fan and i think that we should trade up so we could get edwards or williams if we dont we will pass up on a great oppertunity to get a great player in the future and we will get some1 we really dont need cowboys suck :twisted:
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we dont have to trade up or down now cuz probably we will either land mike or braylon since the bears got muhsin muhammad and since they got alot of holes to fill they will probably go with a RB or a OLB or something Cedric Benson or ronnie brown would do great for a RB and dj would be great for a OLB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: