Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is the Titans goin to be good next year?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Is the Titans goin to be good next year? Reply with quote

I think they are at a crossroads. They bring in too many rookies each year and not enough veterans. We could lose Shwarts, but thats ok cuz we suck every year in the secondary and we cant tackle.
Theres a chance that we will lose Mason, Rolle, Shulters, Dyson, Carter, Holcombe, Hall, MCNAIR, Miller, Meier.
There is not one major strong part on the team.
It looks like to me that theres is too many holes and i think it will be awhile for them to start back competing. Thats if we do lose all them player, or even half.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans
What do you all think???
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah no way will we lose all of them. Mcnair will be back rolle will be Mason will be Schulters will be I think Dyson will go but i can't see many others going. I do agree that we bring in too many rookies though.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the cap era you must bring in rookies to compete. You just can't sign every vet FA on the market. The last two years our pass D hasn't sucked. Last season we scored 30+ points in something like 6 straight games. We gave other opponents countless yards in garbage time. This season injuries desimated the secondary. That statement is also true for the the entire team really. Schwartz is a good Coordinator. Most people that know what they're talking about will agree.

Carter will be back as will Mcnair and Rolle. Put a question mark by everyone elses name. I think next year we can be a good team. If we have an awesome draft then we could be great team barring injuries again. This is probably one of the most unpredictable offseasons since I can remember. Also the writer of the Tennessean article is an idiot in my opinion. Most of the things he writes turn out to completely untrue.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, heading into the end of the season we had 1 starter who would normally play in the positions the rest were backups the starters were: Bulluck Dyson and Carter that isn't good for a team as it showed we can do well next season but if you ask me our 1st pick needs to be on the D.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care who our pick is as long as it's a difference maker and he can contribute right away.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long we have a top run defense and a good 3rd reciever, then i think we will be good. We are better with 3 WR than 2. It depends IF mason stays and calico is fully healthy.

Its kinda too early to say right now. After March 1 we should know what we need in the offseason. But i do agree that we need defense with our first pick. I would like to trade with dallas or san diego to get 2 first round picks but i doubt they would give up 2 first round picks.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah do you think DJ is the man for the job titans#1? or will he be gone before pick 6 do you think?
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the Browns dont sign Romeo as the head coach, then there is a real good chance that we'll get DJ. I dont see the bears taken him, they have too many other problems and jon gruden luvs offense more than defense, so i dont see the bucs taken him unless they trade down with another team and that team will get DJ. This years draft really sucks.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it isn't the greatest of drafts this year but it is one we may be able to come out with a few pluses if we choose correctly we need a D-man though on our 1st pick.

Do you know if NASN covers the draft because i am thinking of getting it because i live in England?
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont know.
i hope we get a defensive plamaker, i dont care what position, but our later round options we need depth at O-takcle, a big running back , WR depth, and Saftey depth.
Chi town Titan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Next year Reply with quote

Just imagine if the titans were healthy. they could beat any team in the NFL and im not joking. Especially if we get Derrick Johnson, our D will be one of the best again. Pretty soon the rest of the NFL will learn that we have one of the best and youngest pair of DT's in NFL with Albert H. and Randy Starks. Plus, im sold on Calico being a superstar in this league if he and McNair stay healthy for the whole season. I would be seriously surprised if we dont make the playoffs next season.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chi I think your absolutely right. I've heard so many people say they aren't sold on calico, but I was sold on him in preseason. He was being double teamed and going against teams number ones and burning them. He was also making amazing catches. In fact I don't remember him dropping one ball. IMO he has a chance to be a top 5 reciever in the league. He also has a great attitude and is a hard worker. I've heard he is way ahead of schedule on his rehab. I'm expecting big things from him next year. Our defense is great when healthy. The only positions I'm worried about are nickleback and S. I've heard they are trying Rich Gardner at safety and he also plays nickleback. So he may be the solution to that problem.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you two. We just missed alot of players this year. I am too sold on Calico. I was sold on him last year.
DJ would be a great pick for us. If Dj isnt there, would you all mind seein us take Thomas Davis??
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Davis at 6 is a huge reach, but that could change after the combime. I still think Rolle would make a good S.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can trade down to get Thomas Davis. We like the SS to play like a linebacker. He's just as aggressive as DJ. But DJ is just one of them players that dont come along too often. DJ reminds me of Lawrence Taylor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: