Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hard to support the Dolphins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan198011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

Ok here is the deal. I live in Los Angeles and have been a Dolphins fan for over 20 years ( since I was 10 ) picked Dolphins because Marino was my fav player so just got stuck.

Through all ups and downs..

Anyways it is really hard to root for this team with Ross being owner. I really despise this guy and think he is one of the worst owners in sports. The way he conducts himself, the way he embarrasses a once proud franchise. He is making us a laughing stock.

Sorry for venting but curious what can I do to keep going? What keeps your hopes up about this team? Do you find it getting harder and harder to support this team?
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA: USC
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born and raised a Phin fan until I die. The only way I would find it hard to not root for them is if they moved from Miami and changed everything.

Thinking Positive 101:

1) You have a QB on the rise
2) Ireland is gone
3) You have a top 3 pass rusher
4) We aren't a team picking top 10 every year
5) Grimes is pretty darn good
6) Within the next 2 years we should be a playoff team
7) We have Egnew the greatest player in the history of ever
Cool Our punter is the best and makes it easier on the defense
9) Feel free to add on people

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9) it's not snowing outside

all i got
Jordan198011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Born and raised a Phin fan until I die. The only way I would find it hard to not root for them is if they moved from Miami and changed everything.

Thinking Positive 101:

1) You have a QB on the rise
2) Ireland is gone
3) You have a top 3 pass rusher
4) We aren't a team picking top 10 every year
5) Grimes is pretty darn good
6) Within the next 2 years we should be a playoff team
7) We have Egnew the greatest player in the history of ever
Cool Our punter is the best and makes it easier on the defense
9) Feel free to add on people

Ok let me answer your positive with way I see it..

1) we have a QB who gets crushed every game and will not be able to stay in league at this rate
2) Ireland gone and nobody wants his position
3) a pass rusher who is over 30
4) would rather pick top 10 then in teens. ( plus we suck at drafting )
5) he is a FA
6)we will not be a playoff team with all other teams in AFC getting better
7) haha
Cool sad our punter is best player on our team
9) can't think of anything
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA: USC
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

Jordan198011 wrote:
Ok here is the deal. I live in Los Angeles and have been a Dolphins fan for over 20 years ( since I was 10 ) picked Dolphins because Marino was my fav player so just got stuck.

Anyways it is really hard to root for this team with Ross being owner. I really despise this guy and think he is one of the worst owners in sports. The way he conducts himself, the way he embarrasses a once proud franchise. He is making us a laughing stock.

Sorry for venting but curious what can I do to keep going? What keeps your hopes up about this team? Do you find it getting harder and harder to support this team?

We feel your pain homie. The only issue I have with Ross is him courting Harbaugh while having a coach in place. Other than that he has been nothing but an owner. He does not mettle like some owners. He truly wants to hire football people and stay in the background an concentrate on the entertainment aspects of the team. No issue there. I think the media wants to portray him as Jerry Jones when he isnt. He has too many leaks in his camp and it clouds our judgement. I will say the time it has taken to hire a GM is concerning. The media lead us to believe Ray Farmer was the guy then he pulls out. I think maybe we just follow too close.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Jordan198011 wrote:

We feel your pain homie. The only issue I have with Ross is him courting Harbaugh while having a coach in place. Other than that he has been nothing but an owner. He does not mettle like some owners. He truly wants to hire football people and stay in the background an concentrate on the entertainment aspects of the team. No issue there. I think the media wants to portray him as Jerry Jones when he isnt. He has too many leaks in his camp and it clouds our judgement. I will say the time it has taken to hire a GM is concerning. The media lead us to believe Ray Farmer was the guy then he pulls out. I think maybe we just follow too close.

I was thinking the same thing....

When I followed the Dolphins in the 80's and early 90's you did not have the amount of reporting and "information" put out daily. Beat reporters are almost required to write an article a day (if not more about the team) and as a result delve deeply into speculation. We as fans crave information and most of what we hear are things these reporters speculate on, some if which is sensationalized in order to get more people to read their blog/article/twitter....I'm sure, if we followed other teams as closely as the dolphins you would see a certain level of dysfunction.

As far as Ross....he seems like a guy who wants a winner and lucky for us fans, has no issue with spending money in order to field the best team possible. I understand he isn't a football guy and sometimes his decision making is questionable, but his short coming are not from lack of effort. Again owning and running a team are not things people pick up right away, I'm sure given time he will get better and if he doesn't....there isn't much that can be done.

One last tidbit....did you know Ross is the 3rd wealthiest of the NFL owners....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Jordan198011 wrote:

When I followed the Dolphins in the 80's and early 90's you did not have the amount of reporting and "information" put out daily. Beat reporters are almost required to write an article a day (if not more about the team) and as a result delve deeply into speculation. We as fans crave information and most of what we hear are things these reporters speculate on, some if which is sensationalized in order to get more people to read their blog/article/twitter....I'm sure, if we followed other teams as closely as the dolphins you would see a certain level of dysfunction.

As far as Ross....he seems like a guy who wants a winner and lucky for us fans, has no issue with spending money in order to field the best team possible. I understand he isn't a football guy and sometimes his decision making is questionable, but his short coming are not from lack of effort. Again owning and running a team are not things people pick up right away, I'm sure given time he will get better and if he doesn't....there isn't much that can be done.

One last tidbit....did you know Ross is the 3rd wealthiest of the NFL owners....

I have to disagree about Ross , yes like every owner they want a winner, but not for reasons a fan does. With fans there is a huge emotional investment and monetary expense. WE buy the tickets, parking, food, drinks and merchandise The owners reap the benefits of us being fans, they profit from us. With more wins equaling more profits. There is a vast amount of money Mr. Ross could spend if he wanted the Miami Dolphins to be a world class organization head and shoulders above nearly every other franchise in the NFL. Clearly he is no different than any other NFL owner on the business side with clearly defined limits on spending. He wants to make money, it doesn't matter whether he owned the Dolphins or the Jets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Jordan198011 wrote:

I have to disagree about Ross , yes like every owner they want a winner, but not for reasons a fan does. With fans there is a huge emotional investment and monetary expense. WE buy the tickets, parking, food, drinks and merchandise The owners reap the benefits of us being fans, they profit from us. With more wins equaling more profits. There is a vast amount of money Mr. Ross could spend if he wanted the Miami Dolphins to be a world class organization head and shoulders above nearly every other franchise in the NFL. Clearly he is no different than any other NFL owner on the business side with clearly defined limits on spending. He wants to make money, it doesn't matter whether he owned the Dolphins or the Jets.

I wasn't saying he was doing it for the fans, I was merely pointing out the fact that he isn't a horrible owner....

And for someone like Ross I believe it is more of a Hobby and something he can use to stroke his billionaire ego....there are hundreds of billionaires in the US, but only 32 own an NFL team...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to support the Dolphins Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Jordan198011 wrote:

And yet you fail to list any issue that sets Ross aside from any owner. Other than the Harbaugh fiasco, what has he done to sour you on him? He hired football people to do their job. He stayed out of their way and the Martin issue occurred (BTW what ever happened to the report that was coming out?). You want to blame him for that? He wants to win. Cant blame him for that. He has experimented with alternative forms of revenue. He is campaigning for an upgrade to the stadium that was shot down without a vote.

Someone please tell me why he is a bad owner? I keep hearing people classify Miami organization as dysfunctional but no one provides me answers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: