Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? - Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DISCLAIMER
Sorry mods, i didn't see a dolphins TAST thread around. I don't want to crowd up your introduction thread. Let me know if you need this removed or if there is a better place to put it. Thank you

Hey guys, i'm putting together an NFL Highlight Database in NFL general for the 2011-12 season and your team doesn't have any entries yet. I want to get every team involved so we can begin competition for best highlights and "Play of the Year" sometime in the next Month or so.

All you have to do is think of a play or two from last year that you loved, post a link to it(preferably youtube), and i'll "upload" it into the database with an explanation and give you credit for the entry.

We already have almost 100 videos posted and just need a few more. This is a good way to put your team on the map, and let a few of your lesser known players and moments from last year shine. I think something like this would be great for the forum as a whole as it has an effect on everybody, plus who doesn't like watching highlight plays right?

Here's a link if your interested
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=492455

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck this season (i mean it).

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Clutch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been about 8 years so I thought now was a good time to add to this:

Favorite Teams: Dolphins, NJ Devils/Canucks, Braves, Duke Blue Devils, Miami Hurricanes (love the SEC though), BC Lions.
- I live in Western Canada but probably should be located on the East Coast of the USA judging by my favorite teams.

Teams I loathe: Patriots, Jets, Yanks (only cause of money, like the way their run), Tar Heels, Rangers/Flyers/Blackhawks/Toronto/Montreal/Detroit, FSU/USC and anything Edmonton.

Probably watch too much sports. Told the wife before we got married that I watch the occasional game, she has held it over me now ever since.

Love the tailgating, great atmosphere.

Own my own company, used to be in Sports Broadcasting but travel got really old really fast and I like hanging with the family so something had to give.

Enjoy talking sports with other knowledgable fans.

Wife, 3 kids, picket fence (okay not that), living the dream.....if there is a dream to be lived I guess.

Fins Up!!
ItsThatEasy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's it going everybody? Long time listener, first time caller. I'm born and raised in Football-Less Los Angeles, so I've never had an NFL team to call my own. I'm a DIE HARD USC Trojan & LA Laker fan but I always felt deprived come NFL season. Welp, I finally decided to sit down and pick a team based on the history of the franchise and the location. I intend on traveling to Miami frequently throughout my life and I've always loved the Dolphins accomplishments/players as a franchise(1972 Dolphins, Marino, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Oronde Gadsden among many others) not to mention I dig the colors Cool.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the group as I'm eager to learn as much as possible about this years squad and never look back. I also intend on going to a game this season but we'll see how that goes...broke college senior over here lol.

If you guys could recommend any blogs for me to Bookmark or Books to check out that would be great as well!
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsThatEasy wrote:
How's it going everybody? Long time listener, first time caller. I'm born and raised in Football-Less Los Angeles, so I've never had an NFL team to call my own. I'm a DIE HARD USC Trojan & LA Laker fan but I always felt deprived come NFL season. Welp, I finally decided to sit down and pick a team based on the history of the franchise and the location. I intend on traveling to Miami frequently throughout my life and I've always loved the Dolphins accomplishments/players as a franchise(1972 Dolphins, Marino, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Oronde Gadsden among many others) not to mention I dig the colors Cool.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the group as I'm eager to learn as much as possible about this years squad and never look back. I also intend on going to a game this season but we'll see how that goes...broke college senior over here lol.

If you guys could recommend any blogs for me to Bookmark or Books to check out that would be great as well!

Welcome to the party my friend! Glad to have you.

FinsNation is a MUST read. (Disclaimer: very vulgar language and NSFW. But hilarity ensues and they pretty much say what we're all thinking).

One of our posters, Dolphan9954 has a blog he frequents with. I'd recommend PM'ing him for details.

Follow the Sun Sentinel team of Omar Kelly and Izzy Gould. They're way more insightful than the Herald's team of Armando Salguero. However, Armando always seems to have better sources.

As one of the Mods here in the Dolphins forum, consider myself and Deets your MC's. Any comments, questions, concerns or issues can be directed at us and we'll make sure you enjoy your time here as much as you can!

PD47

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
D-Z-O

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to get around some Fans that share interests.

I'm brand new to the forum, but not a new Dolphin fan. Was born in AZ, but moved to Mexico as an infant. As a kid in Mexico, I was amazed by Dan Marino even though we would seldom see a football game. Long Story short, still a Fins fan and now back in the U.S. for about 22 years now.

Name: Daniel
Live in: All over (Military Member)
Born: Globe, AZ
Favorite all time Fins Player: Dan Marino
Favorite Fins Player now: I would have to say.....Mike Pouncey.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Z-O wrote:
Nice to get around some Fans that share interests.

I'm brand new to the forum, but not a new Dolphin fan. Was born in AZ, but moved to Mexico as an infant. As a kid in Mexico, I was amazed by Dan Marino even though we would seldom see a football game. Long Story short, still a Fins fan and now back in the U.S. for about 22 years now.

Name: Daniel
Live in: All over (Military Member)
Born: Globe, AZ
Favorite all time Fins Player: Dan Marino
Favorite Fins Player now: I would have to say.....Mike Pouncey.

Welcome to the fourms, glad to have another Dolphins fan. Just for the info, we have a brand new thread for introductions.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508522&start=30

Which, by the way, we should sticky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I'm currently in South Florida for the first time. Staying in Hollywood for a work conference. So nice to be in warm weather for a change...
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I need your help. I didn't know where to put this so I'm sharing it here. Please pass on the message to your fellow Dolphins posters. Thank you!

I'm one of the three Lions Forum Moderators, and recently we have all been informed of the devastating news that one of our best veteran posters, Stylish313, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer around the same time of the birth of his 4th son last month. All of his 4 boys are very young. The cancer started in his stomach, and has spread to his lungs. It's stage 4, and while they had him sedated to try to do what they could, they're waking him up enough so that he can communicate because there's nothing left they can do for him.

You can get a full update on the story and his status in the Lions Forum.

I'm going to visit him in the hospital in a day or two. I'd like to have an opportunity to share with him how much love and support can come out of his FootballsFuture family. Please take a moment out of your day to drop by the Lions forum and share a post that I can read to him while visiting him in the hospital. A kind word, a memory of him on the forum, anything you think that will boost his spirits. It's a rough time for him and his family, and every little show of support will do a lot to boost his morale and give him strength to fight this cancer.

Check out the Stylish313 thread here.
TheFootballHead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Ari
Nationality: American
Occupation: Student and Blog Writer for Jetsinsider.com and TheFootballHead.com
Hobbies: NFL,NCAA Basketball, Golf, World Cup Soccer and the NBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: